Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Will the incursions end with?

Spideyfan3160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My theory is the incursions are going to end with the 616 killing the ultimate universe and it will end miles morales staying in the 616.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posted this in another thread. IMO the end of the incursions will be a realignment of the Marvel Multiverse making Earth 616 Marvel Earth One or Prime. Past marvel big wigs Joe Quesada and Tom Brevoor have stated their dislike of the term 616 and this is will be an excellent opportunity to drop that label.

"Time will tell. It always does" - The Doctor

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i had a a similar theory to this one. it also plays into the original xmen running around in the current time, as its already been shown that what happens to a young cyclops affects the older one too. all these time travel screw ups over the last couple of years has got to be leading towards a huge retcon

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the term 616 too

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EarthsMightiest

@spideyfan3160 said:

My theory is the incursions are going to end with the 616 killing the ultimate universe and it will end miles morales staying in the 616.

In Avengers #36 I believe Sunspot stated that Marvel 616 was on the far end of the multiversal spectrum, which probably explains why incursions have only been occurring relatively recently for 616. Even more interesting was that he mentioned that there were only several hundred thousand universes left.

Disturbing when put in context that the Marvel multiverse has always been described as near infinite with millions or billions of variations. Assuming the incursions continue and accelerate we will get down to a final two with 616 facing off with the other survivor. It sure looks like 616 is heading to a face off with Ultimate.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.