Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Will Spider-Man ever be a lynchpin Avenger?

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Being a icon aside, I wish Marvel gave Spidey his due, especially on the Avengers, where he's just as seasoned, savvy, and experienced as Iron-Man and Cap somewhat thusly being appreciated like these 2. So can it happen, can he be a part of the Avengers Core Heroes in terms of respect and admiration, I know Cable has called him the greatest hero ever and Kitty Pride has referenced his mantra, he even tutored Hope in being a more ideal heroine with the phoenix yet he's still a loser with zero respect now thanks to Superior Spider-Man.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

He's too good for them.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Something that really works about Spider-man is that he's never going to see himself as being in the same league as Cap' or Iron Man or Thor, and I think that's a good thing.

That said, I don't see why Cap' or Thor would see it that way, and I think it would be great to see them treat him like an equal, even if he doesn't see himself that way. I could easily see Spidey taking over the role of Stark or Banner or Pym as the lead science guy on the team, whom Cap', Thor, and the rest would consult as an expert even if he wasn't a leader of the team. I think that could be a great role for him.

I also think it would be really cool to see him on Cage's Mighty Avengers, maybe working with Blue Marvel in a capacity like he worked with Stark pre-Civil War or Mr.Fantastic when he was in the FF, as a younger scientist who could add another perspective to his work. Actually, I could see them having a particularly meaningful relationship beyond that as well just based on their similarly tragic experiences and idealistic approaches to heroism.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Spideysense44

I highly doubt but who knows they did just kill him off and replace him with Doc Ock..what's to say they wont make him join the avengers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that most of his supporting cast is gone or free from Peters guilt issues, he should be more dedicated in his superheroics than his civilian life thusly theres nothing stopping him from being a fully commited avenger like Cap, Tony, and Hawkeye.

BLIGHTLIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman is good on working alone and sometimes teaming with other superheroes

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

No.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.