Will Scarlet Witch stay with the Avengers?

#1 Edited by Teerack (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

*possible spoilers*

Hope, Wanda and The Avengers

So in Avengers vs X-men 6 Wanda saved the team from the Phoenix Five, and in the preview for Avengers vs X-Men 7 you can see she's still with the rest of the team and fighting along side them.

So do you think after all this Avengers vs. X-Men stuff is over she'll rejoin the team permanently?

After just bringing her back into comics with the Children's Crusade story I can't really see them killing her, so I'm thinking she'll rejoin the main team.

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless her powers are toned down then no I don't see her rejoining the Avengers, but Hickman is taking over the Avengers so he may have plans to put her back on team.

#3 Posted by Teerack (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: If the Children's Crusade it was revealed that she actually wasn't super powerful, and able to rewrite reality. She was possessed by the life force(which seemed kind of similar to the phoenix force) which gave her basically Beyonder level powers, but during the Children's Crusade story she got the life force power out of her, so she's back to the normal power level she showed before House of M.

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

She's an idiot.

#5 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so and Quicksilver to

#6 Posted by Teerack (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@bamaboykmb: Well Quicksilver is already back with them. He's part of Avengers Academy.

#7 Edited by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch still has her power. Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to reality warp Namor back to his base or take out Magik in one hit. She literally defeated Phoenix twice in just one issue. I'm glad she still has her power. People wonder if sane Wanda could pull off the same feats as when she went insane. This issue should put that question to rest. I hope she doesn't lose her power at the end of the issue or runaway. I really want her to be the Sorcerer Supreme.

#8 Posted by Tony_Shark (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really understood her powers :/ could somebody explain them to me?

#9 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like her to, but I have doubts.

#10 Edited by Teerack (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry: There wasn't any question she still had her mutant ability, but the reason her powers were strong enough to rewrite ALL of reality, and the reason she went insane was because she was possessed by the life force. The life force was removed from her and she's back in control of her abilities.

She can still alter reality that has always been her power. To tweak reality, but not at the same level she was able to do during House of M. For example in the Age of Apocalypse Comic a few months ago they knew that Wanda was able to de-power all of the mutants in earth 616 so they made a clone of her, and tried to do it in their world, but when she said "no more mutants" it only had and effective radius of about 30 feet because they weren't aware of her being possessed by the life force which drastically increased her power.

It was the main focus of the children's crusade story line. You should read it was a great series. http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-the-childrens-crusade/49-34241/

That being said she's probably still one of the strongest mutants ever.

#11 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@Redberry: There wasn't any question she still had her mutant ability, but the reason her powers were strong enough to rewrite ALL of reality, and the reason she went insane was because she was possessed by the life force. The life force was removed from her and she's back in control of her abilities.

She can still alter reality that has always been her power. To tweak reality, but not at the same level she was able to do during House of M. For example in the Age of Apocalypse Comic a few months ago they knew that Wanda was able to de-power all of the mutants in earth 616 so they made a clone of her, and tried to do it in their world, but when she said "no more mutants" it only had and effective radius of about 30 feet because they weren't aware of her being possessed by the life force which drastically increased her power.

It was the main focus of the children's crusade story line. You should read it was a great series. http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-the-childrens-crusade/49-34241/

That being said she's probably still one of the strongest mutants ever.

I read the issue. It doesn't prove that Scarlet Witch doesn't have the life force at the moment. Even after losing her power to Doom, she could still open the portal. Who to say she's not using the power of the life force now? It would connect directly with Phoenix's power since Phoenix's power is originated from all the life that ever will be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.