Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Will Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes face cancelation

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

Edited By Doctor!!!!!

The Avenger's may be destroying the box office, being currently the fourth highest grossing movie of all time, but the word is that Jeph Loeb might end the Disney XD Series. The show began after the Disney/Marvel merger but it isn't made by a different company other than Marvel. Loeb's future plans are not looking good for the series, and from what I've seen, he is looking to model a new Avenger's series based off of The Ultimate Spider-man series....yeah.

No Caption Provided

There are still 18 episodes left, and twelve will be stand alone episodes for season two... so its still up in the air if there will be a season 3, producers Christ Yost and Joshua Fine can't answer your questions about another season, so its unclear for certain.

So what do you think? and how do you feel?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

I don't think it will.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Yea I think it will be replaced

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024 said:

I don't think it will.

You CAN'T think like that or Loeb wins.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I don't think it will.

Loeb's not winning. I don't think it will be cancelled.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I don't think it will.

... I think I misinterpreted your original comment. My bad :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I don't think it will.

We CAN'T let Loeb win.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

This is currently my favorite show, so the idea of it getting canned for something more along the lines of USM are frightening to say the least. But something that scares me even more is how I've heard Loeb talk about doing away with the idea of having story arc type episodes, which could range from two to three episode long storylines, in favor of having each episode be its standalone 30min long storyline. This annoys me because part of the reason I love Avengers: EMH is because of the story arc type episodes, where instead of the show feeling rushed as the heroes must save the day in under 30mins, they can keep the story going and allow the plot the tell the story without it all feeling crammed and rushed.

But sadly, the more I hear about this, the more I fear for this show...

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I don't think it will.

It's all good. I've seen the reactions to both EMH and Ultimate Spider-Man here and at NYCC. Everywhere I look, the reception's EMH > Ult Spidey, and it's by a landslide every time. If he has half a brain cell, he'd know not to cancel it. Putting both shows up, maybe, but I really don't see EMH getting cancelled. Not yet, anyway.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget

@War Killer said:

This is currently my favorite show, so the idea of it getting canned for something more along the lines of USM are frightening to say the least. But something that scares me even more is how I've heard Loeb talk about doing away with the idea of having story arc type episodes, which could range from two to three episode long storylines, in favor of having each episode be its standalone 30min long storyline. This annoys me because part of the reason I love Avengers: EMH is because of the story arc type episodes, where instead of the show feeling rushed as the heroes must save the day in under 30mins, they can keep the story going and allow the plot the tell the story without it all feeling crammed and rushed. But sadly, the more I hear about this, the more I fear for this show...

You took the words right out of my... mind?

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

@Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer said:

This is currently my favorite show, so the idea of it getting canned for something more along the lines of USM are frightening to say the least. But something that scares me even more is how I've heard Loeb talk about doing away with the idea of having story arc type episodes, which could range from two to three episode long storylines, in favor of having each episode be its standalone 30min long storyline. This annoys me because part of the reason I love Avengers: EMH is because of the story arc type episodes, where instead of the show feeling rushed as the heroes must save the day in under 30mins, they can keep the story going and allow the plot the tell the story without it all feeling crammed and rushed. But sadly, the more I hear about this, the more I fear for this show...

You took the words right out of my... mind?

Exactly what I thought.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By X35

@War Killer: Idk, if you look at the show now...there doing kinda stand alone episodes right now.......I think people are maybe taking the whole "stand alone" thing as too much......like Ultimate Spider-man apparently has ongoing subplots.......and anyway, EMH with stand alone episodes would always be preferable to Ultimate Avengers starring the movie cast and nobody else......

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Trodorne

Its sad when shows take the time to do stories right for the next generation and TV execs see it as not an art form but a cash cow. and if that cow and producing its taken to the slaughter house. frankly I wish it the best in hopes that it might not be cancelled.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I don't think it will.

It's all good. I've seen the reactions to both EMH and Ultimate Spider-Man here and at NYCC. Everywhere I look, the reception's EMH > Ult Spidey, and it's by a landslide every time. If he has half a brain cell, he'd know not to cancel it. Putting both shows up, maybe, but I really don't see EMH getting cancelled. Not yet, anyway.

That's what I think too. People would go nuts if they cancelled EMH. He himself stated that he knows of the enormous cult following that EMH has, so I beg to question why he assumes cancelling it in favour of a show of far less quality would be for the better.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gambit1024

@Deranged Midget: Now did Loeb actually say that he's thinking about pulling the plug on EMH? I still have no idea where the hysteria actually came from.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @X35 said:

@War Killer: Idk, if you look at the show now...there doing kinda stand alone episodes right now.......I think people are maybe taking the whole "stand alone" thing as too much......like Ultimate Spider-man apparently has ongoing subplots.......and anyway, EMH with stand alone episodes would always be preferable to Ultimate Avengers starring the movie cast and nobody else......

Yes, which is partly why I think the second season isn't being received as well as the first. It just doesn't feel as epic in my opinion, the episode for Doctor Doom for example could have been longer and more drawn out, showing how smart Doom really is and why his last name is DOOM.

But also, the reason Avengers are having standalone episodes are, once again, because of Loeb who took over as head of Marvel cartoons (or whatever official title he has now). This is why, from what I remember reading, some of the episodes were finished before Loeb took over so they are story arc driven like with the Skrull storyline, but I believe the last episodes will simply be standalone.

USM may have subplots, but the actually episodes are standalone. Really, he's teamed up with literally Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor in under ten episodes. The show itself feels more like Marvel Team-Up (staring Spider-Man) than a show about Spider-Man. The only episodes I can think that had anything linked to previous episodes are the ones with Venom.
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget: Now did Loeb actually say that he's thinking about pulling the plug on EMH? I still have no idea where the hysteria actually came from.

Article on IGN:

While acknowledging Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ fandom, Loeb’s comments toCollider in March, on the topic of serialization in the animated series, also could point to the current Avengers show not being in line with Marvel’s future plans. Said Loeb, “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following. One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in. It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken. So, DVR the show, but if you’re not going to do that, the idea is that you will be able to catch up. I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.”” Loeb has previously indicated that the final twelve episodes of Season 2 of Earth's Mightiest Heroes feature more standalone storylines.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gambit1024

@Deranged Midget: So, what? He wants to make it a show about the individual characters, rather than a show about the team itself?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Article on IGN:

While acknowledging Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ fandom, Loeb’s comments toCollider in March, on the topic of serialization in the animated series, also could point to the current Avengers show not being in line with Marvel’s future plans. Said Loeb, “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following. One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in. It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken. So, DVR the show, but if you’re not going to do that, the idea is that you will be able to catch up. I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.”” Loeb has previously indicated that the final twelve episodes of Season 2 of Earth's Mightiest Heroes feature more standalone storylines.

Okay, so let me get this straight...

“Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following.

Then why cancel the show?

One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in.

Did he just insult himself...? O_o 

It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken.

Alright, so...
    1. Because there are a lot of characters, instead of giving two to three part episodes to allow those characters to actually breath and get the spotlight they deserve, you want to rush them and cut their time short by giving them only 30mins? Yep, that makes sense...
    2. This is why the DVR was invented, it allows people to find time when it's not taken and watch the show on their own speed.

I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.

1. If it's Sunday morning you should be in church, not watching cartoons. :P
    2. How do you loose three whole episodes, I can understand one, but three? <_<
    3. And even if you loose episodes, this is why we have reruns. Problem solved. :)
    4. But more importantly, if you really care about a show you will do your best to catch up. And if you jump right into a show and you enjoy it, you'll go back and watch the previous episodes to catch up.

Loeb has previously indicated that the final twelve episodes of Season 2 of Earth's Mightiest Heroes feature more standalone storylines.

So instead of going out with a bang, the show will end with a fizzle. Wonderful...
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#19  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

If it is canceled then I'm freaking done with animated marvel

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger

@War Killer said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Article on IGN:

While acknowledging Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ fandom, Loeb’s comments to Collider in March, on the topic of serialization in the animated series, also could point to the current Avengers show not being in line with Marvel’s future plans. Said Loeb, “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following. One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in. It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken. So, DVR the show, but if you’re not going to do that, the idea is that you will be able to catch up. I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.”” Loeb has previously indicated that the final twelve episodes of Season 2 of Earth's Mightiest Heroes feature more standalone storylines.

Okay, so let me get this straight...

“Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following.

Then why cancel the show?

One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in.

Did he just insult himself...? O_o

It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken.

Alright, so...
    1. Because there are a lot of characters, instead of giving two to three part episodes to allow those characters to actually breath and get the spotlight they deserve, you want to rush them and cut their time short by giving them only 30mins? Yep, that makes sense...
    2. This is why the DVR was invented, it allows people to find time when it's not taken and watch the show on their own speed.

I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.

1. If it's Sunday morning you should be in church, not watching cartoons. :P
    2. How do you loose three whole episodes, I can understand one, but three? <_<
    3. And even if you loose episodes, this is why we have reruns. Problem solved. :)
    4. But more importantly, if you really care about a show you will do your best to catch up. And if you jump right into a show and you enjoy it, you'll go back and watch the previous episodes to catch up.

Loeb has previously indicated that the final twelve episodes of Season 2 of Earth's Mightiest Heroes feature more standalone storylines.

So instead of going out with a bang, the show will end with a fizzle. Wonderful...

All your points are valid and reasonable. It seems though that Loeb isn't interested in reason if he's even considering cancelling EMH.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    If it is canceled then I'm freaking done with animated marvel
    THIS
    Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@War Killer said:

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By MatKrenz

This just gives people more reasons to make fun of Loeb. I mean within the last couple of years he has come into various series for very short runs and usually annoys people with them as I understand. Now I really like this show even tough I was apprehensive to start watching it but the storylines is what keeps me coming back to the show.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By TDK_1997

The show is pretty damn good,if it gets canceled I'll kill myself.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024: @War Killer: Quick recap; Loeb is an idiot. And yes, he did insult himself :P

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024: @War Killer: Quick recap; Loeb is an idiot. And yes, he did insult himself :P

I don't think he himself is an idiot, it's just when it comes to how he's running Marvel's cartoons, he's being idiotic about it.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cattlebattle

I would say its pretty much canceled......the second half of the second season is supposed to be singlular episodes, as opposed to arcing episodes with a main story (skrull invasion)

Also, Hulk:Agents of Smash  is supposed t take place within the Ultimate Spider-Man continuity...so having all their characters in there would finally give Marvel another animated universe as opposed to the shifty, lame one they had in the 90's

Marvel is all about $$, with the huge success of the Avengers film, Marvel will no doubt capitalize on an opportunity to makes a show more like the movie, with a heroic Black Widow as opposed to the "gray area" one on in EMH Hawkeye will likely be similar to his film appearance.....Avengers will work for SHEILD, Coulson will be a prominent member, yadda, yadda.........

if you think Earths Mightiest Heroes is going to last......expect to be disappointed, and shame for thinking Marvel gives a s**t about you

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lvenger

@cattlebattle: EMH has a pretty big following. More of a following than Ultimate Spider-Man. Vastly more. Marvel just don't want to cancel Ultimate Spider-Man yet because of the money they poured into it. Loeb would truly be an idiot if he cancelled EMH to replace it with another Avengers cartoon set in the unpopular Ultimate Spider-Man universe.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Onemoreposter

@TDK_1997 said:

The show is pretty damn good,if it gets canceled I'll kill myself.

Yep. That's the only rational response.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Deranged Midget

@War Killer said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I don't think he himself is an idiot, it's just when it comes to how he's running Marvel's cartoons, he's be idiotic about it.

So he's basically an idiot when handed any creative control.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I don't think he himself is an idiot, it's just when it comes to how he's running Marvel's cartoons, he's being idiotic about it.

So he's basically an idiot when handed any creative control.

When it comes to Marvel's cartoons, then currently yes. :P
    TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Is there anything that Loeb HASN'T ruined?

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#33  Edited By BlueLantern1995

If this gets cancelled I'm calling some Gangsters to give some lessons...LOL. Seriously if it is done, I will not just be pissed I will go to DC get a Red Power Ring and show the world how angry I am about my loss. 
    Personally I think they will not  cancel it cause I know a ton of people who think the same way, however if he does he will be better off dead as far as fans are concerned...seriously their are some seriously wacked out fans(thank goodness I don't know any...they're a little extreme) who will show their disappointment to him in person.
    Lets hope they don't cancel it...if they do then I will officially be Marvel's first retired Marvelologist(its a occupation after all...LOL).

madmartin760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#34  Edited By madmartin760  Online

I think everbody who's seen the show can agree it's one Marvel's best animations, if not they're best ever. I can't imagine they'll try 2 make it like USM, which will b shocking if it makes it 2 another season. EMH is the first cartoon that makes a real effort 2 stick 2 the comics, thank u 4 finally listening 2 our pleas!!!

sithfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 57

#35  Edited By sithfrog

I hope they don't cancel it. I DVR it and look forward to watching it weekly. I've even gotten my wife somewhat interested in it. Why? Because it is one of the best handlings of a team in animation. The plots (especially arcs) have been spot on, the cast well chosen, and the mix of characters great. I think it would be a HUGE mistake to get rid of a show that is so popular, has a decent fan base, and is so well done. And who does Loeb think he's fooling? You primary fan base will either 1) not miss any episodes...period 2) use said DVR or 3) be savvy enough to either piece together what's happened OR just roll with it because it's so entertaining.

sithfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 57

#36  Edited By sithfrog
    BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#37  Edited By BatWatch

I enjoy the series, but it seems most of you like it more than me.

When I first started watching it, I really enjoyed it, but by half way through the series, I became really tired of the lack of character development. You get to know the character is their origin stories, but after that, they focus on little more than action. I want it to continue, but I want it to be better.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By Shadowsnake89
    @Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget: So, what? He wants to make it a show about the individual characters, rather than a show about the team itself?

Yeah, because that worked out so well for the S.W.A.T. movie. And if they cancel this show Marvel has lost me as a viewer.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nova`Prime`

If they make EMH more like Ultimate Spiderman I will definitely not watch. Ultimate Spiderman is horrible, its like watching Deadpool in a Spiderman costume. Since when does Spiderman brake the fourth wall?

Avatar image for chainlinkedfilms
    ChainLinkedFilms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ChainLinkedFilms

That's terrible! It's a great show! This is perhaps one of the best animated series to date! That's too bad...

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41  Edited By RedOwl_1
    Loeb's future plans are not looking good for the series, and from what I've seen, he is looking to model a new Avenger's series based off of The Ultimate Spider-man series....yeah.

I like Ultimate SIperman a lot but I have to scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Spiderman is one thing, you can make him cool, clever and make him say random jokes :D but you can't do that to The Avengers !!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

If they do, like everyone else is saying, it will be a shame since I genuinely like the show, at least a lot more than the crap that is Ultimate Spider-Man, but alas, we are dealing with Marvel, so stupid decisions won't surprise me.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CODYSF

@ChainLinkedFilms said:

That's terrible! It's a great show! This is perhaps one of the best animated series to date! That's too bad...

No!!!

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChainLinkedFilms said:

I agree with this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.