@MadeinBangladesh said:

i'VE BEEN READING IT, AND IT SUCKS.

Nah uh.
#102 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Nah uh.

Well I found every issue of the book really boring. Couldn't even finish reading.

#103 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@MadeinBangladesh said:

@Vance Astro said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Nah uh.

Well I found every issue of the book really boring. Couldn't even finish reading.

What happened in the first issue?
#104 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: No, just the first arc of Avengers, and a spare issue or two of Fantastic Four

#105 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@ppetrov83 said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: Hyperion maybe powerful, but looks kinda silly in this gold diapers of his...

Lol I agree.

@Vincie_Pooh said:

If they bring back Sentry, who would win in the fight? Hyperion? Or Sentry?

Sentry would probably win.

#106 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Hyperion looks powerful. Gave the Hulk a beating...sorta

no such thing had occurred. Hyperion never gave hulk a beating.

I said sorta. Hulk even had a black eye.

#107 Posted by Oscars94 (2639 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: His eye's were black due to mind-control.

#108 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oscars94 said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: His eye's were black due to mind-control.

Oh.

#109 Posted by Avengers_4everXX (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: If you're looking for a more classic feel, I would recommend Uncanny Avengers if you aren't already reading it. The cast, the story, even the artwork all have a very classic Avengers vibe to them. Though the costumes are kind of bad... but if they ever figure out their shipping problem it should be a great book

#110 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

#111 Posted by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs you should do one on why people should read New Avengers.

#112 Posted by Ben3000 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been enjoying both Avengers and New Avengers. After reading Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF run, I just feel like I can trust him to get the job done. I'll probably be dropping both books and picking them up in trade. I just can't do a $3.99 price tag for both book that double ship each month.

#113 Posted by charlieboy (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avengers_4everXX: I am reading it. I agree about the costumes. They aren't that great. I much preferred what Rogue was wearing before. Same for the others really. Nice avatar.

#114 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (409 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried read the first issue didn't like it honestly hate the avengers or any superhero team book for that matter.

#115 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18790 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: that wasn't a black eye, re-read issue, one, hulks eyes turned black when abyss took control of him, i can even post the scans, hulk was going just fine.

#116 Posted by Johnnyjavavee (86 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE this series. Never been a big Avengers fan, but this series is great. Hickman even writes it so that it makes a lot of sense when the artists change. It's such a fun variety comic and it just might increase your vocabulary! ALSO this is some of the best pacing I've ever read in a comic. It's never too little and I always end up re-reading each issue a few times in that period while I'm waiting for the next issue. If anything I could wait a little longer for each issue too come out because each stand-alone issue is that satisfying. AND IT SORTA FEELS LIKE IT COMES OUT EVERY FRIGGIN' WEEK... NO BOOK REALLY NEEDS TO DO THAT!.. Especially if you're buying New Avengers as well right? which you should be if you like think this ones worth it.. cause they are worth it. but yeah can't say it's been easy on the wallet. March is gunna suck more though, when he's got east of west and Feel better now coming out ( not to mention Manhattan Projects and Secret).. Never thought I'd have to chose between what Johnathon Hickman books I get :(

#117 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: that wasn't a black eye, re-read issue, one, hulks eyes turned black when abyss took control of him, i can even post the scans, hulk was going just fine.

Post em :P

#118 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18790 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: Here

Make the comparison

:

Hulk was doing just fine.

#119 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Why you should be reading Avengers? Because you're a moron.

No need for all that.

#120 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@X35 said:

flagged....I am really sick of this attitude among certain users that it's ok to insult anyone who has a different opinion than they do...you aren't better or smarter than anyone else because you don't like a book

By the same virtue, you aren't smarter or better than anyone else because you're self-righteous and flag-happy.

Saying someone is a moron isn't an insult anyway. If one is not a moron, prove it. The same way that if someone was to call me an arrogant, dictatorial a**hole, I might feel insulted, but the statement in of itself is not an insult; since it's accurate. I should just accept it and move on.

#121 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

New Avengers is better IMO but Avengers is still a good read. Kind of reminiscent of Morrison's JLA run what with the extended team, varied roster and the high concept stories Hickman writes, it makes for a vast improvement for what Bendis has done to the series.

#122 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@danhimself said:

@X35 said:

flagged....I am really sick of this attitude among certain users that it's ok to insult anyone who has a different opinion than they do...you aren't better or smarter than anyone else because you don't like a book

By the same virtue, you aren't smarter or better than anyone else because you're self-righteous and flag-happy.

Saying someone is a moron isn't an insult anyway. If one is not a moron, prove it. The same way that if someone was to call me an arrogant, dictatorial a**hole, I might feel insulted, but the statement in of itself is not an insult; since it's accurate. I should just accept it and move on.

I prove it by not being a giant douche who thinks that not liking a book makes me better than someone else...we're all on this site for a reason...it's to share our love for comics not to belittle each other because of different tastes...we get enough of that from people sho look down on the entire medium....if you've got a problem with a book then state why you don't like it..not insult the people who do

#123 Posted by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@danhimself said:

@X35 said:

A herpa Derp derpa derp herpity derp herp herp a derp

#124 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for Photon.

#125 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: Here

Make the comparison

:

Hulk was doing just fine.

Oh.

#126 Posted by kid Apollo (721 posts) - - Show Bio

@save.me.now: i dono though dude, slow pacing in this book could make sense given the scale of what theyre doing. the other Avengers title would be brutal if they were doing all their small time stuff (comparitively), but when its world altering/saving kinda stuff i think there needs to be a little set-up. im not talking 5 issues jus to find the point of the book, but a little bit of a lead in never hurt imo

#127 Posted by tim_mik (123 posts) - - Show Bio

100% agree with

#128 Posted by ThanosofAtlanta (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the first three issues and I liked it. My problem with it is that it ships twice a month and as a comic consumer its way too much. I am a fiscally responsible collector and I dropped it after the 3rd issue. I am invested in Uncanny Avengers which I really love. Marvel is feeling themselves after the success of the film and I feel like there are too many Avengers titles.

I will collect this book in trades but I won't buy it as a monthly. The first three issues were cool. Jerome Opena is one of my favorites. The art was amazing.

With all due respect Comic Vine, not all of us are privy to complimentary copies of our favorite books. I'm just saying....

#129 Posted by cosmicwolf13 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

uguguh! this article made me really want to pick up avengers issue 2 and beyond i only picked up number 1 but ugh! i just have so many comics i need to catch up on reading and i really cant afford to begin a new series i have other comics i need to collect perhaps when the graphic novel comes out ill pick it up but ughghgh!

#130 Posted by tomlikesfries (4883 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the first two issues. The rest was quite mediocre (except for the fifth one which showed a slight improvement).

#131 Edited by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoy this series that Jonathan Hickman has been apart of so far, shown in these last five issues. The first story arc within the 3 issues explains a great amount of why and who Iron Man and Captain America recruited to be apart of their expanded team, rephrasing "we need to get bigger". I do believe 24 characters is quite a lot to focus on, taking aside the core team of the Avengers to primarily focus on; but I think Hickman is doing an outstanding job not clustering these characters and individualizing them in ways that helps the team out. My hand goes out to Jonathan Hickman and his "expansive" mind of his. lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.