Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7693 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Why shouldn't the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. become one unit?

cosmicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By cosmicx

Double the power, twice the strength

thespidey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thespidey307

They shouldn't be together because S.H.I.E.L.D will basically send the Avengers into foreign countries to stop international terrorists and eventually will inspire bad people to be like the Avengers and strike back. Read The Ultimates 2 and then you will understand.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CIVIL WAR.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackWind

Because Maria Hill works at SHIELD.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By xxxddd

S.H.I.E.L.D. should be eliminated from continuity.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By dangallant984

@xxxddd said:

S.H.I.E.L.D. should be eliminated from continuity.

okay, I'll bite. Why do you think so?

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By xxxddd

@dangallant984:Because there is ALREADY a team that exists to take on threats too great for one individual to handle, it's called the Avengers.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Veshark

SHIELD isn't a superhero team, it's an espionage/national defense agency that answers to the UN. While the Avengers fight villains and protect civilians, SHIELD does all of that from an international scale and is in charge of keeping tabs on the MU's superhuman population. There's no need to replace either one, because SHIELD and the Avengers are very different concepts.

And the Avengers, contrary to the Ultimate Universe, shouldn't join SHIELD. Tying them to SHIELD would make them government operatives, meaning that they would be tied up with SHIELD's bureaucratic nonsense and become soldiers as opposed to superheroes. Also, Civil War, anyone?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By dangallant984

@xxxddd said:

@dangallant984:Because there is ALREADY a team that exists to take on threats too great for one individual to handle, it's called the Avengers.

haha! I get ya.

I guess I think of SHIELD as being sort of an interesting official alternative to the Avengers, they make them answerable to someone, they keep them from becoming like Squadron Supreme or something.

I dunno, I've just always liked the distinct function of SHIELD, and the relationship that they have with the rest of the Marvel U. It's always a game changer when they show up.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Veshark said:

SHIELD isn't a superhero team, it's an espionage/national defense agency that answers to the UN. While the Avengers fight villains and protect civilians, SHIELD does all of that from an international scale and is in charge of keeping tabs on the MU's superhuman population. There's no need to replace either one, because SHIELD and the Avengers are very different concepts.

And the Avengers, contrary to the Ultimate Universe, shouldn't join SHIELD. Tying them to SHIELD would make them government operatives, meaning that they would be tied up with SHIELD's bureaucratic nonsense and become soldiers as opposed to superheroes. Also, Civil War, anyone?

this

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

Because the Avengers are superheroes (who usually strive to do what is right, just and good) who should never be government lackeys while SHIELD is an army/police force, comprised of non-powered people, which is controlled by government/political/moneyed interests and thus does not always act based on doing what is right.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By boschePG

you how many times SHIELD has been reformatted due to corruption. They dont belong together cuz it forms a check and balance. Do you really want a possible rogue SHIELD faction telling Thor and IronMan who to strike on a regular basis?

Enosisik2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Enosisik2

No. Avengers should stay independent of SHIELD. Think of it like the army is seprate from the marines or how the FBI is different than the CIA.

I like Shield being a organization that strictly takes orders and does the governments dirty work while the Avengers are just there doing what is right no matter if the government agrees or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.