Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Why are people saying that Avengers is a "kid" movie?

• 74 results
    CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By CODYSF

@TheAnnihilator:

No Caption Provided

Fresh meat and yeah the movie is the best for next year

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By tg1982

@BlackArmor said:

@Superguy0009e: Looks like the Avengers know to look to the sky because it's a bird, it's a plane it's

No Caption Provided

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...another mediocre Superman movie!!!!! :-)

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By htb106

I'm a huge DC fan and I don't think the Avengers was childish. I didn't like GL either but a JL movie might not be childish. Don't react so strongly.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@tg1982 said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Superguy0009e: Looks like the Avengers know to look to the sky because it's a bird, it's a plane it's

No Caption Provided

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...another mediocre Superman movie!!!!! :-)

Avatar image for spectacular_iceman
    Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know... I think Marvel has more relatable characters because there are actually MORE characters to relate to - You see, I'm not a big fan of Superman - He's too... "Super" - You see Marvel has made so much more characters that have about a portion of who/what Superman is - which is better in my opinion, because obviously, that's more characters. I understand that if DC had not made Superman back in the 30's, then Marvel would've probably invented him at some point, but Superman is just too many characters, which is kinda unfair - I mean if you can't defeat the Man of Steel, there's no point in pitting anyone against him anymore - Hulk stood NO chance against him in the crossover, and Kryptonite has pretty much been abandoned - I'd rather see Superman as a... I dunno, adverstising thing for kids, I don't think he should be in any particular comics, but he should just represent superheroes in general... But besides him, I don't read DC comics, and whenever I hear or see some of their comics, I always see the same and only characters that everybody knows from DC - Man of infinite lives, Lasso bitch, Assassin with a cape, Speedo, Nemo, Superman in Green with a wedding ring, Robin Hood and that's it! Okay... Now once again, before any DC fanboys start raging at me and start making crap comments about Marvel - I've already mentioned, I don't read DC! So I don't know many characters! So please, NO SMART ASS comments, nothin' like that... I might just make a new topic actually in the Superman forum, yeah... I'll do that...

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56  Edited By Zeeguy91

I'm a DC fan and I didn't think it was childish. Do I think it was the best movie ever? No. Did I think it was better than Dark Knight? No. But I still thought it was a damn good movie. Overall, I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zeeguy91

@Spectacular_Iceman said:

You know... I think Marvel has more relatable characters because there are actually MORE characters to relate to - You see, I'm not a big fan of Superman - He's too... "Super" - You see Marvel has made so much more characters that have about a portion of who/what Superman is - which is better in my opinion, because obviously, that's more characters. I understand that if DC had not made Superman back in the 30's, then Marvel would've probably invented him at some point, but Superman is just too many characters, which is kinda unfair - I mean if you can't defeat the Man of Steel, there's no point in pitting anyone against him anymore - Hulk stood NO chance against him in the crossover, and Kryptonite has pretty much been abandoned - I'd rather see Superman as a... I dunno, adverstising thing for kids, I don't think he should be in any particular comics, but he should just represent superheroes in general... But besides him, I don't read DC comics, and whenever I hear or see some of their comics, I always see the same and only characters that everybody knows from DC - Man of infinite lives, Lasso bitch, Assassin with a cape, Speedo, Nemo, Superman in Green with a wedding ring, Robin Hood and that's it! Okay... Now once again, before any DC fanboys start raging at me and start making crap comments about Marvel - I've already mentioned, I don't read DC! So I don't know many characters! So please, NO SMART ASS comments, nothin' like that... I might just make a new topic actually in the Superman forum, yeah... I'll do that...

Yeah exactly, you said it yourself. You don't read DC. So you don't know anything about the characters. An ignorance that comes through in spades in your comment. Although, by admitting that you don't read DC, you've also admitted that you're not really in a position to make judgement calls. Fun fact: DC has about 10,000 characters (and probably more). And you do realize that many Marvel characters were actually inspired by some of DC's lesser known characters, don't you? The Fantastic Four, for example, was partly inspired by a DC team called the Challengers of the Unknown. Well, maybe "inspired" is the wrong word, given that both teams were created by Jack Kirby. Another example is the X-Men, which was partly inspired by the Doom Patrol, which is another classic DC team.

Also, several writers go back and forth between companies all the time. Writers like Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Greg Rucka, Andy Lanning, Dan Abnett, and many more. So, its not as if Marvel always has all the good writers and DC always has bad writers (or vice versa) because they SHARE WRITERS ALL THE TIME.

Furthermore, since you've never read a Superman comic, you really don't have any standing to even suggest that Superman shouldn't be in any comics. Yeah, go read Superman: Birthright, All Star Superman, Up, Up, and Away, Superman for All Seasons, For the Man Who Has Everything, or any number of countless Superman stories that are hailed as classics, and then we'll talk.

Oh, and one more thing: Labeling the DC fans that reply back to you as smart asses simply because they have a reaction to you essentially bashing their characters with names like "lasso bitch" for Wonder Woman, shows me that you're very, very immature. Do you seriously not expect someone to react to you trashing characters that they love? And just so you know, I'm included in that. I love my favorite Marvel characters, but I honestly think that DC characters, on the whole, are more interesting and more layered. So why don't you go do some growing up before coming back here to talk with the big boys or here's an idea, pick up a damn DC comic and actually do some reading before jumping to idiotic conclusions.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By batmanary

@Zeeguy91 said:

Yeah exactly, you said it yourself. You don't read DC. So you don't know anything about the characters. An ignorance that comes through in spades in your comment. Although, by admitting that you don't read DC, you've also admitted that you're not really in a position to make judgement calls. Fun fact: DC has about 10,000 characters (and probably more). And you do realize that many Marvel characters were actually inspired by some of DC's lesser known characters, don't you? The Fantastic Four, for example, was partly inspired by a DC team called the Challengers of the Unknown. Well, maybe "inspired" is the wrong word, given that both teams were created by Jack Kirby. Another example is the X-Men, which was partly inspired by the Doom Patrol, which is another classic DC team.

Also, several writers go back and forth between companies all the time. Writers like Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Greg Rucka, Andy Lanning, Dan Abnett, and many more. So, its not as if Marvel always has all the good writers and DC always has bad writers (or vice versa) because they SHARE WRITERS ALL THE TIME.

Furthermore, since you've never read a Superman comic, you really don't have any standing to even suggest that Superman shouldn't be in any comics. Yeah, go read Superman: Birthright, All Star Superman, Up, Up, and Away, Superman for All Seasons, For the Man Who Has Everything, or any number of countless Superman stories that are hailed as classics, and then we'll talk.

Oh, and one more thing: Labeling the DC fans that reply back to you as smart asses simply because they have a reaction to you essentially bashing their characters with names like "lasso bitch" for Wonder Woman, shows me that you're very, very immature. Do you seriously not expect someone to react to you trashing characters that they love? And just so you know, I'm included in that. I love my favorite Marvel characters, but I honestly think that DC characters, on the whole, are more interesting and more layered. So why don't you go do some growing up before coming back here to talk with the big boys or here's an idea, pick up a damn DC comic and actually do some reading before jumping to idiotic conclusions.

Thank you. I'm tired of people who don't read DC trash Superman because he's powerful. If you pick up the book, he's a lot more relateable than you think.

Also, people said the Avengers were kid-friendly, not that it was a kid movie....I personally loved it, and I'm a DC fan over Marvel. It seems to me that the OP seems to generalize too much and create a DC-bash thread instead of actually wondering about the question he asked.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gravitypress

All you really have to do is look at the demographic statistics like on IMDB's page. The viewers are generally the same for Avengers or Batman. So to say one is a kids movie is incorrect as the main viewing audience for both is 18-29 year olds.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By tg1982

I think it has to do with some people just liking to be in the "minority" so to speak, like that episode of Family Guy with Rush Limbaugh. Where Brian was always against the "mainstream" which is why he started to be a conservative because now liberals had the power. Some people are just like that, they just want to be "rebels without a cause", just my opinion, tho.

Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, knew people were gonna start talking more logical - I'm judging Supes and DC on what I know - So ya people don't need to start lecturing me somemore on it - But I do agree that It wasn't "necessary"' to call those characters like I did - I was just saying my opinions. It's better that way - oh yeah, and I wasn't referring to dc fans when I mentioned smart asses... Smart ass - alright, just kidding, don't need to gonfar again on your knowledge people ...

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Nightcrawler23

@Spectacular_Iceman: I'm a fan of both companies, and don't see how people can somehow feel superior by bashing the other.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By TDK_1997

I thought that the movie will be stupid and not interesting at all but after I watched it........Well......I loved it!

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zeeguy91

@Spectacular_Iceman: See, that just it, though. You really can't pass judgements on Superman or DC because you have admittedly never read a Superman or any DC comic. Therefore, you don'tknow anything about the characters or their stories. How can you judge something that you don't know? That you've never even experienced? Its like deciding that you don't like hamburgers before you've even tasted one. Your "opinions" aren't well founded. In fact, I don't think you could even qualify them as opinions: they're prejudice. Why don't you actually read some DC before you pass judgement on an entire universe of characters, which has just as much history and legacy as the Marvel Universe.

Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zeeguy91: Yeah, I know man, I usually reply awkwardly to gather attention... I guess in some peoples case, not very nicely - But yeah, I should read some DC comics before making judgements though - I'm actually just a big ass Marvel fan and I'm like all those other ragers who hate the other company - it's like in the NBA - someone might like LA lakers, and then they dis the Celtics - with me, I like Marvel yet I dis DC - I agree though man, ya right - consider that my... well, "apology".

Avatar image for greenlantern282
    GreenLantern282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GreenLantern282

The Avengers was awesome I don't see why people thinks its for kids I'm a marvel and dc fan.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Majority of people who saw it were kids

Avatar image for greenlantern282
    GreenLantern282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By GreenLantern282

Well yeah but I mean it wasn't just for kids

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#69  Edited By TheCannon

I'm literally sick of those DC fans saying that Avengers was childish, just because it made the box office, and that they're just freakin' worried about how Dark Knight Rises will do later this year.

This.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

It's generally a hipster thing that Nolan/Batman fans say. A movie being for everyone doesn't make it for kids.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Gambit1024:  

Oh dear...We can't just like movies from both companies?

And no, The Avengers was not a "kids movie." It was child-friendly. It proved that not everything has to be dark and gritty to be appreciative.

And for the record: I like DC's comics more than I like Marvel's comics, but that has nothing to do with how I feel about the movies. Green Lantern sucked. Fantastic Four sucked. The Dark Knight was epic. Iron Man was awesome. Both companies have their hits and their misses. It just so happens that when DC misses, they miss hard. Hopefully they've learned from the mistake that GL was and they've learned something from the Avengers, so that we can see Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Flash, and even the Justice League get their due. Until then, try to enjoy what we're getting, and be thankful that these movies are even possible. Now. Sit down, shut up, and watch the movies that they made for us. 

So much this, seriously, I'm tired of Dc and Marvel fans having their little P*ssing contest with TDKR and Avengers,  who cares which one is better? I'm sure fans of Nolan's previous Batman films will like TDKR more, and fans of the previous Avengers tie ins will like Avengers more, can't we all just get along?  
    Oh, and go see Amazing Spider-Man too, don't forget about him!
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Plus.... 

Dat Ass ain't for kids.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By oraclefyre

It's for everyone. People are just idiots.

cellot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By cellot

Because it's about people with super powers running around in technicolor costumes, fighting each other for fan service in a light-hearted movie?

Seriously though, it's good for all ages. Good for kids does not necessarily make something a bad film, or have we all forgotten Pixar so quickly? Bright, colorful, and light-hearted are not bad or immature things. However, they are "safe for children" things and the Avengers has that. It's a family film (as in, the whole family can enjoy), not a kiddie film, but that's a hard distinction to make.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.