I think it's Melter
#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12590 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis!

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Bendis!

/thread

#4 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I thought I posted that when I saw your comment.

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Ultron.

Ultron Unlimited
Ultrons - Avengers #500
Ultron vs Avengers
#6 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Why may i ask ? ^_^

#7 Edited by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

Ultron is the Avengers worst villain (Greatest enemy) because:

• He has hatched many of the best/most interesting plots against the team over the decades.
  • He has the intellect, durability and power to match-up against the smartest, strongest and most powerful Avengers all at once; which he's done many times over the years against many varied Avengers line-ups.
  • His origin/backstory is directly tied into one of the Avengers' founding members (Hank Pym).
  • He comes back time after time, again and again and again, no matter what, to challenge the Avengers in ever more dangerous and difficult scenarios.
#8 Posted by TheCannon (17943 posts) - - Show Bio

Kang's Spider-man robot.

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
Bendis!
#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Bendis!

/thread

#11 Posted by Lvenger (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Bendis!

So true. But in comic book terms, I think it's this guy. Whose idea was it to make a street level villain an Avengers class threat?

Dark Reign: The Hood #1
#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Or allowing Norman Osborn to single-handedly defeat Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Cage (I'm sure there were others,I don't remember. That was the last issue I had the displeasure of reading) -__-

#13 Posted by Lvenger (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Was this in the latest Avengers arc where Osborn showed up as an antagonist? I haven't heard good things about that either. Was this before he was powered up by the Amazing Android or afterwards? If it's before, I might not be pleased. Isn't Norman only supposed to be able to lift 5 tonnes? I think he's weaker than Spider-Man anyway in terms of strength.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Idk, it was just before the New Dark Avengers thing started. But dude, Wolverine and Spider-Man getting knocked around by Osborn? Come on, lol.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I think it must have been then. The Dark Avengers thing happened after the Osborn story. And that's Bendis for you. Screwing the Avengers over yet again, lol.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Is there any Bendis love on Comicvine? Because the threads I go to usually involve Bendis bashing from a heck of a lot of Viners. Just wondering if anyone on here does like Bendis' work.

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: In regards to his Avengers work, no. There is no love there at all. But his work on Daredevil and Spider-Man weren't bad at all.

#18 Edited by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Bendis had a few good runs on Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man and I've heard his Powers series was pretty good. However, his Avengers includes some of the worst writing I've ever seen from the guy, which is something alot of other readers also agree with on this site.

#19 Posted by Lvenger (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Yeah I've been meaning to do some more reading on Daredevil, particularly Waid's run and the Bendis run as well. And I have a couple of Ultimate Spider-Man issues as well. Those were a pretty good read in terms of writing.

@mr.obvious: Now that you mention it, I have been going to a lot of Avengers vs X-Men threads recently. And others as well where Bendis' writing has been criticised. What about his Moon Knight run? I personally am not a fan of it and the people I've spoken to on here aren't fans of it either.

#20 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Marcus Immortus.

#21 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Ah worst as in good.

#22 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Marcus Immortus.

Agreed. I've always hated that sleazebag rapist.

#23 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Well... For DD I'd go somewhere else before Bendis's run. It was decent, but it wasn't anything like Man Without Fear or Born Again. Hell, I'd place Daredevil: Yellow by Loeb and Guardian Devil by Kevin Smith over Bendis's run as well.

#24 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Bendis hes just been on Avengers to long and know i remembered Maelstrom

#25 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Bendis hes just been on Avengers to long and now I remember Maelstrom.

#26 Posted by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Ah worst as in good.

Yes, exactly.

#27 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: very funny but no. this is just one example of bendisnism

#28 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Ultron is the Avengers worst villain (Greatest enemy) because:

• He has hatched many of the best/most interesting plots against the team over the decades.
  • He has the intellect, durability and power to match-up against the smartest, strongest and most powerful Avengers all at once; which he's done many times over the years against many varied Avengers line-ups.
  • His origin/backstory is directly tied into one of the Avengers' founding members (Hank Pym).
  • He comes back time after time, again and again and again, no matter what, to challenge to Avengers in ever more dangerous and difficult scenarios.
#29 Edited by Lvenger (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: It seems Bendis' reach is longer than I anticipated lol.

@Mega_spidey01: I agree that Ultron is one of the Avengers greatest villains and since it's fiction the Avengers usually beat him and I'm fine with that. But as Power Herc said, it seems a bit off that a villain of Ultron's caliber always loses against the Avengers given the plots he's hatched to destroy them over the years.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.