Who would you have picked as the villainc for the Avengers

#1 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Well now we know that Thor's evil half-brother Loki is the main villain along with some army that has yet to be revealed in the upcoming Avengers film. However, I'm just wondering if you think Loki and his army destroying New York is a good choice or if you would have done some different story with a different villain including:

1) Red Skull who leads a stronger HYDRA army that march on Washington DC using the Cosmic Cube to take over the United States

2) The Leader who would try to turn the people of the world into an army of Gamma mutants.

3) Crimson Dynamo teaming up with AIM to take over New York

4) Maybe Loki doing something similar to the Acts of Vengeance storyline where he gathered the foes of the various Marvel heroes to defeat them.

5) Surtur, the Frost Giants, Hel, and the Dark Elves leading an army to invade Midgard.

6) Kang the Conqueror trying to take over the world

7) Ultron trying to start a Terminator-like world where machines kill humans

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

For a sequel, I'd love to see how the Masters of Evil would be taken on on film. Ultron would be epic too, but we need Hank Pym to be introduced for that to happen.

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
For a sequel, I'd love to see how the Masters of Evil would be taken on on film. Ultron would be epic too, but we need Hank Pym to be introduced for that to happen.
definitely the Masters, the sequel is supposed be more "personal" so says Whedon, and having the Masters know their opponents weaknesses and exploit them is something I could see happening
#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Baron Zemo, Abomination, Crimson Dynamo, and Executioner vs Cap, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor? Sign me up.

#5 Posted by JPWolf5 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see the Kree/Skrull War in the sequel with the introduction of Captain Marvel (so they can do a Captain Marvel Movie later) and a introduction Hank Pym as ant-man/giant-man as well as Wasp so in the third movie they can do Ultron. but there are so many ideas that can be done like Kang the Conqueror, The Masters of Evil, or Thanos

#6 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

first film: Red Skull

2nd: Ultron

3rd: Loki

#7 Posted by TheCannon (17900 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki is the only good choice.

#8 Posted by amazinglover (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Loki since he was one of the main reasons they came together in the comics but would love to see ultron if done right.

#9 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Exihled

Set after the first movie. The Avengers are turned against the very people they swore to protect, as Thanos's master plan comes into affect.

#10 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thanos would be cool to see in live-action.

#11 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7543 posts) - - Show Bio

Kang would be nice. I really enjoyed the episodes of Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes about him

#12 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

First Film: Loki. The trickster god threatens earth with his space army, forcing the forming of the Avengers in order to stop him.

Second Film: The Masters of Evil (Led by Baron Zemo). A counter-Avengers team forms and attempts to challenge them and conquer the world. Led by Baron Zemo (introduced in Captain America 2),and consisting of Abomination, Titanium Man, and whoever would be good counters to Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. Giant-Man and Wasp also join the Avengers, and Hank creates Ultron (setting him up for the last film).

Third Film: Ultron. Hank's ultimate creation turns on the Avengers, upgrading himself, and creating a massive machine army, attempting a terminator/matrix style extermination of the human race.

This is just what I would personally like to see for the franchise.

#13 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki, Thanos, Kang, Ultron, Masters of Evil.

#14 Posted by coolsam125 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I love answering questions. Probably number 7 because Ultron is one of the Avengers biggest threat. And Ultron is very dangerous and will be the first big challenge for the Avengers. Or Number 1 because Red Skull Has Hydra and is Captain America archenemy.

#15 Posted by coolsam125 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

first film: Red Skull and Loki

Second Film: Ultron

Third Film: Kang the Conquer along with the Skrull Race

#16 Posted by TheCannon (17900 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Loki is the only good choice.

Agreed.

#17 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7581 posts) - - Show Bio

In an ideal world for the sequel I'd have Doom.

#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

First Film: Loki. The trickster god threatens earth with his space army, forcing the forming of the Avengers in order to stop him.

Second Film: The Masters of Evil (Led by Baron Zemo). A counter-Avengers team forms and attempts to challenge them and conquer the world. Led by Baron Zemo (introduced in Captain America 2),and consisting of Abomination, Titanium Man, and whoever would be good counters to Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. Giant-Man and Wasp also join the Avengers, and Hank creates Ultron (setting him up for the last film).

Third Film: Ultron. Hank's ultimate creation turns on the Avengers, upgrading himself, and creating a massive machine army, attempting a terminator/matrix style extermination of the human race.

This is just what I would personally like to see for the franchise.

Same. I would personally LOVE to watch this trilogy.

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki is fine for the first movie, but I'd choose Ultron, Korvac, Thanos or Count Nefaria for the next one(s).

#20 Edited by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers 1: Loki and his army - Iron Man 3: The Manderine - Thor 2: Surtur - Captain America 2: Winter Solider & Baron Zemo - Hulk: Absorbing man - Ant man: no idea but maybe he invents Ultron? - Avengers 2: Thanos & infinity gauntlet - Thor 3: Maybe Loki returns as Kid Loki and gets redemption? Ragnarok? - Captain America 3: the return of Hydra & Red Skull - Hulk 3: The Leader & Red 'Ross' Hulk - Avengers 3: Ultron - THE END

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.