who will lead the movie avengers

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote is for Cap, because A. I'd personally prefer it that way and B. given that they seem to be taking a more militaristic approach with S.H.E.I.L.D. running the show it'd make more sense to have Cap giving the orders.  
I could see why Iron man might be the boss given the popularity of his movies and currently being more familiar to general audiences and considering that Loki is going to be the primary villain I could see Thor taking the lead as well. 
Hulk is more than likely going to be treated more like a bomb to be dropped on the enemy so I doubt very seriously that he'll be in charge

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: I think it will be Cap! Thor never quite felt the leader type to me. And, Iron Man is going to be the funny guy in the team. That position is hardly ever for leader. So Thor would be their strong arm, Iron Man the financial backer, and Cap their unofficial official leader.
#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11695 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it would be the same as the comics Tony starts out as the leader than Cap proves to be the superior in that particular aspect.

#5 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (583 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure that Cap will serve as the team's leader. I also totally hope that we get an arrogant Tony who feels that he should have the lead because he's smarter and a smug god-like Thor who feels that he shouldn't answer to a mere mortal. But since they'll already have to put a lot in this one movie, I assume that people will fill-in their roles quite fast.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it won't be Hulk in charge

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#8 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Nick Fury or Cap. Tony is not leadership material in the movieverse.

#9 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7493 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony will want to but Steve will be the one to cut the mustard as always.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102: I'm talking more about a field leader I'm sure Fury will be sending them on the mission but I doubt he'll be the one calling the shots in the actual battles 
#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Tony will assume he's leading or even Thor will, but after he/they screw up, Cap will be like "I'll show you how it's done"

#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: As a field leader, I'm almost certain Cap will be calling the shots... Or maybe Thor, depending on which direction they take his character in the movie...
#13 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Cap most likely.
#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Cap will just assume he's the leader but it will eventually fall to him to pull them together because Tony, despite his intellect is a total dick, Thor tends to under estimate enemies and Hulk, well he's the Hulk 

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

i think it would be the same as the comics Tony starts out as the leader than Cap proves to be the superior in that particular aspect.

#16 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Fury will probably appoint Cap as field commander, although Black Widow is actually the best suited.

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio
@tim2081: How is Widow better suited? She does know how to fight and is useful but she's not a soldier, she's a spy and honestly a soldier is more useful in the kinds of battles the Avengers get into
#18 Edited by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@tim2081: How is Widow better suited? She does know how to fight and is useful but she's not a soldier, she's a spy and honestly a soldier is more useful in the kinds of battles the Avengers get into
I'm not say Widow is ideal, but she's better than Cap (who is in a completely new timeline, and won't fully understand modern technology and it's usefulness) and Iron Man (who doesn't have the personality for it). Although, if there is a lot of time between the last scene in the Cap movie, and the beginning of the Avengers, then Cap could have time to learn and adjust. Fury's going to handle most of the decisions anyways, with Widow, Maria Hill, Coulson, and Hawkeye being his unquestioning followers.
#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio
@tim2081: Cap probably spent every free minute he had between movies familiarizing himself with modern weapons so I don't see that as a big problem it'll probably mostly be the social norms the give Cap trouble in the modern world 
#21 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Whoa, I heard about that first character, but the second? Where'd you get that info?
#22 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: Geektyrant. The actress let it slip during a interview.
#23 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Huh... Well I guess I know what the sequel's gonna be about now :/  
#24 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: Sequel? It's been confirmed that the first film will include a full-scale Skrull invasion. The question is "Is Anelle infiltrating SHIELD for the Skrull Empire or is she playing Peace Keeper?"
#25 Posted by SuperEvilDOOM (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think there's any way it could be someone other than Fury or Cap. They already expressed dislike for Tony's lack of a professional attitude in Iron Man 2, Hulk isn't really controllable, and Thor isn't in touch with earth. Widow, Hawkeye, and Fury are all lesser known characters so I think it will be Cap, but I won't be surprised if they have Fury trying to call the shots for a bit.

#26 Posted by ThanoStomp (759 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a perfect opportunity to show Steve and Tony training, or rather Steve giving Tony a lesson in humility.  They did a poor job of this in the animated series and it could be a great scene in the movie.

#27 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Oh, I didn't know that Skrulls were actually confirmed. I just thought it was a speculation. That's cool then as long as they don't take the Secret Invasion plot again. I like seeing original stories for films. My guess is that she'll either be bad girl gone good or good girl forced to do bad. Maybe they'll throw a massive curveball and tie her into a Young Avengers film (fingers crossed). 

Hopefully we'll see Thanos in a sequel then 
#28 Posted by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard that they are going to be the Chitauri like in the ultimates 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.