Who Should Join The Avengers?

#1 Posted by WWQ9 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Which characters do you think should join the Avengers? 

I think it would be cool if Storm or Magneto joined.

#2 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we talking movie-verse or comics-verse?

As it stands, neither of those characters will join either. AvX kind of tears a line down the middle, and Fox owns the rights to all X-Men characters. 

Frankly, I prefer it that way. Let some more obscure characters have the spotlight.

#3 Posted by WWQ9 (53 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect: Comic-verse
#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm was already an Avenger. A terrible recruit (not her fault), but she is/was a member nevertheless.

I want Songbird, Mach-IV, or any of those great Thunderbolts to be on the team. They've earned it.

#5 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Storm was already an Avenger. A terrible recruit (not her fault), but she is/was a member nevertheless.

I want Songbird, Mach-IV, or any of those great Thunderbolts to be on the team. They've earned it.

Yes Songbird has EARNED her spot on that team "crossing fingers for her in fall" i also want Ororo to remain an Avenger for the Remender/Hickman Marvel Now, because Bendis F%$ked her over in that title.

#6 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Racheal Grey-Summers

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Are we talking movie-verse or comics-verse? As it stands, neither of those characters will join either. AvX kind of tears a line down the middle, and Fox owns the rights to all X-Men characters. Frankly, I prefer it that way. Let some more obscure characters have the spotlight.

ahem Uncanny Avengers ahem ahem

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Songbird

Nick Fury (Original)

Justice

Hercules

Hank Pym needs to be on the main team

#9 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18818 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Yes!

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

Songbird

Nick Fury (Original)

Justice

Hercules

Hank Pym needs to be on the main team

Excellent choices, especially Nick Fury. I'd love to see him as a Secret Avenger, specifically. And Pym? More Pym on any team is just fine with this guy :)

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: LOL

#11 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18818 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: That gif explains exactly how I feel on Songbird becoming an Avenger. It's long overdue, while they're doing that they need to give the lady her beautiful hair back.

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Absolutely agreed! She and Mach-IV been on the sidelines for far too long, and it's time for them to join the spotlight. If there are any two characters that deserve to be called Avengers, it would be them.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Speedball is another excellent call.

#15 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like Winter Soldier to be in Secret Avengers, it's kind of up his alley.

Main Avengers, I'd like to see Wasp come back, but only if they do her justice, or maybe Nightcrawler, he'd be a cool addition, of course they are both "dead" so...

#16 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11060 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that people need to LEAVE the avengers first rather than have more people join.

#17 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer.

#18 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey for sureeee

#19 Posted by RatFace (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther (T'Challa)

Songbird

Those are 2 off the top of my head.

#20 Posted by ruler (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Red She Hulk

#21 Posted by Emperormeister734 (804 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Racoon

#22 Posted by War Killer (19953 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
I want Songbird
This right here.
#23 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Songbird: Long overdue, especially since they teased it waaay back in Avengers Forever.

Cloak: Having a teleporter would be great for a covert team, and it's about time they gave him a chance to shine on his own away from Dagger.

Punisher: He's pretty much the only iconic character Marvel has left that hasn't been on the team, so why not complete the set so to speak. Plus since Wolverine has been on the team for years now, that whole "he kills people so he can't be a member" argument is out the window.

#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ9 said:

Which characters do you think should join the Avengers? I think it would be cool if Storm or Magneto joined.

Storm already joined like last year but for a few issues only.

Not sure if she's still an official Avengers member during AvX.

#25 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: she quit. not in so many words, but she left the avengers to be with the x-men.

#26 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@jhazzroucher: she quit. not in so many words, but she left the avengers to be with the x-men.

i see. You're right. Storm doesn't need to say she quits to be an Avenger because she sided with the X-men.. thanks. : )

#27 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

Thundra. She is very under-used and she was also teased to be a member of a future Avengers lineup in "Avengers Forever".

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther,Silver Surfer,Hak Pym.

#29 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Sleepwalker

#30 Posted by Lvenger (18242 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is my number one choice at the moment. I'd actually quite like Amadeus Cho back, the Avengers could use some more brains and it would be interesting to see him clash with Tony and the other Avengers. And if he were still alive, Doctor Voodoo. The former Sorcerer Supreme should have his time in the limelight following AvX. I don't think there is any Sorcerer Supreme currently is there? Shouldn't Marvel do something about that? Well in place of the Sorcerer Supreme, Scarlet Witch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.