Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

who is your favourite mutant avenger

ruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Poll who is your favourite mutant avenger (32 votes)

Scarlet Witch 19%
    Havok 3%
    Beast 13%
    Quicksilver 3%
    Wolverine 22%
    Cannonball 3%
    Justice 0%
    Firestar 6%
    Rogue 9%
    Sunspot 6%
    Namor 13%
    Sunfire 3%
     • 
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I don't like mutants (besides Kitty) they're all either hypocritical or X-treme jerks. Out of this list however..Havok is the most tolerable.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't like mutants (besides Kitty) they're all either hypocritical or X-treme jerks. Out of this list however..Havok is the most tolerable.

The self hating mutant?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Scarlet Witch. One of my favourites of all the Avengers actually. :)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

@frogdog said:

@the_stegman said:

The self hating mutant?

Eh, I like that he's at least trying to make a difference without going to either ends of the extremes that others do. He's not out attacking people and taking mutants like Cyclops yet he's not ignoring what mutants are going through and having his own little school like Logan, he's trying to team up with the Avengers to show that not all mutants are monsters. I respect that.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

No Caption Provided

Namor

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Wolverine.I don't want him to be an Avenger or how he is portrayed as an Avenger but out of those,he is the best and I like him the most.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@tdk_1997 said:

Wolverine.I don't want him to be an Avenger or how he is portrayed as an Avenger but out of those,he is the best and I like him the most.

Why don't you want him to be an Avenger?

Just curious, as I'd probably prefer if he wasn't an Avenger either. I feel that having major members of other teams in the Avengers takes attention away from characters who are only Avengers.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Rogue.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not sure if Namor would be classified as a mutant but I voted for him.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@v_scarlotte_rose: I just don't like the way he is writen as an Avenger and I actually don't see him being such a great add to the team.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

This.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Scarlet Witch quicksilver and wolverine are the only ones i want even close to the avengers, the x-men and mutants in general have enough books of their own, they dont need to be avengers too.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@the_stegman said:

The self hating mutant?

Eh, I like that he's at least trying to make a difference without going to either ends of the extremes that others do. He's not out attacking people and taking mutants like Cyclops yet he's not ignoring what mutants are going through and having his own little school like Logan, he's trying to team up with the Avengers to show that not all mutants are monsters. I respect that.

Havok's thinking will cause mutants to think, being a mutant is a burden on humanity. What do you expect cyclops to do in those situations? Ask nicely? Logans school is helpful shelter for kids, unless you forget that the world hates mutants at all ages.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Firestar! :D

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@frogdog said:

@the_stegman said:

@frogdog said:

The self hating mutant?

Havok's thinking will cause mutants to think, being a mutant is a burden on humanity. What do you expect cyclops to do in those situations? Ask nicely? Logans school is helpful shelter for kids, unless you forget that the world hates mutants at all ages.

I think it should also be mentioned that Wolverine not only has the school, but is also on Havoc's Avengers team, representing both. So, to me, those aren't roles that are in opposition, but simply serve different functions.

As far as Havoc being a "self hating mutant", I've seen absolutely no evidence of that.

No Caption Provided

Personally, I like all of the characters in Uncanny Avengers. I voted for Wolverine, because he's probably my favorite, but I think the mix of classic Avengers like Cap', Thor, Wasp, and Scarlet Witch mixes really well with classic X-men like Havoc, Rogue, and Sunfire, most of whom haven't been very important to what's going on in X-men for years. And I think Wolverine's role in it is much more interesting than having him on the X-men just because he heads the school. Same goes for the Beast, in my opinion.

Really, if you take away the fact that some of these characters have been X-men, it just seems like a really interesting grouping of classic Marvel characters; which, to me, is what the Avengers should be.

And, isn't the idea that mutants should be X-men and not Avengers the sort of divisive thinking that this team is supposed to be opposing? Most superheroes in the MU are mutants, why should they all have to be X-men or not get to be Avengers? It's absurd.

And, y'know, the fact that this is my favorite Avengers comic right now (actually, in years), well that doesn't hurt either.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which mutant do I like best? Or which mutant do I like best as an Avenger?

Can't say I care much for anyone on this list. But from this list, probably Beast for the former and Quicksilver for the latter.

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Polarity

@frogdog said:

@the_stegman said:

@frogdog said:

@the_stegman said:

The self hating mutant?

See this is the problem with that speech, either Remender wrote it horribly or people have a hard time reading what's in front of them. Probably a bit of both, because that isn't what Havok's speech is about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.