Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Who is your favorite member of the New Avengers and why?

YoungLukeCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By YoungLukeCage

Which of the New Avengers is your favorite and for what reason?

Mine is Luke Cage because I love his back story and his bulletproof skin.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Captain America.

Because he's the best.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    No Caption Provided

For me it would have to be Spiderman.

Besides being probably my all-time favorite superhero, he brought a lot of much needed fun and humanity to what was arguably a pretty dark time to be an Avenger.

I also liked how him joining the team was almost a turning of the page in Marvel history. It sort of symbolized, for me, that Spiderman had actually grown up. He was still the same great character, he still stood for the same things, but I think when they have their original outsider every-man joining the Avengers, it stands for something. It pulls the strings of continuity a bit more in a forward direction.

For me, and I think a lot of people, Spiderman is one of the first characters that got me into the MU, and I think he's always been a great point-of-view character into that world, so to see him finally make his way fully into the center of that world was pretty satisfying. Like he had achieved his destiny or something.

I also liked that he brought his strict moral compass into the team. There weren't actually that many Avengers at that point that could say they had never killed anyone, so having him there made for a good ethical balance to characters like the Wolverine (who I also love), helping them to remain true to more traditional superhero values, while the team as a whole was becoming more contemporary.

Spiderman was one of the first superheroes (in the MU) to actually grow up being a superhero; so to see him join as one of the seasoned veterans of the team, while still maintaining his optimistic idealism, seemed to bring his story (and by association, the story of the classic Marvel superhero in general) full circle.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.