Who is this Captain Universe?

#1 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if it's been revealed yet, but I don't recognize this Captain Universe from recent issues of Avengers.

Can anyone tell me who she is?

#2 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know for sure but the afro definitely does reference the phonon/capt marvel from the the 80's/90's. I think that would be cool.

#3 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

I don't know for sure but the afro definitely does reference the phonon/capt marvel from the the 80's/90's. I think that would be cool.

I wondered if that's what they were doing, but I don't think that character's had an afro for quite a while now, so I dunno. Maybe she is an all new character?

#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely a new character.

#5 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6255 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, she's not got an afro at the moment. She appeared in a couple of issues of the current Captain Marvel series:

Also, when looking for that picture, I found this one, which I thought was cute. ^_^

#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: It will be explained in Avengers 5 or 6, one issue will be dedicated to Captain Universe and the other will be dedicated to another new hero like Avengers 4 was dedicated to the New Hyperion.

#7 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: I don't believe she is the same as Photon. Hickman is just adding some new cast members. Me likey.

kh••d

#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: Shes not!

#9 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe she's a new character, she definitely seems much younger and less experienced than Monica. Now unless she's a de-aged Monica or something.

#10 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: She is a new character!

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6255 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: I don't believe she is the same as Photon. Hickman is just adding some new cast members. Me likey.

kh••d

That's what I meant. I now realise I might not have been clear.

#12 Posted by SoA (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

new character but i like captain universe so im cool with this lol

#13 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: haha! yeah, I had those issues. I wish they just would have two Captain Marvels; they have two Hawkeyes, and it's awesome.

@evilvegeta74: Right, so maybe issue 6, since I think Smasher's in the next one.

That reminds me, does anyone know where/what that Manifold guy is from? or is he completely new as well?

#14 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Captain Universe was the one thing I didn't like about issue 3. When reading it, I had to go back a few pages because it felt like I had missed something. She just appeared from nowhere.

#15 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gonzo33: I liked the new characters. The pie comment threw me off, but hopefully that'll make more sense when Hickman develops the character more.

kh••d

#16 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gonzo33 said:

The new Captain Universe was the one thing I didn't like about issue 3. When reading it, I had to go back a few pages because it felt like I had missed something. She just appeared from nowhere.

I did find that confusing. But after reading issue 4, I feel pretty excited to be introduced to the new characters. I would've thought that Thor and Superm-I mean Hyperion on the same team would be dumb, but it was actually a great way to show what makes them both distinct. Though, from his introduction, I doubt that Hyperion won't go bad at some point, I'm going to give the story the benefit of the doubt and just continue enjoying it, because, so far, I really am.

#17 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Manifold is Eden from i believe secret warriors series, When nick fury made a team to fight hydra.

#18 Posted by New_World_Order (13011 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Monica Rambaeu.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.