Who is the fastest Avenger?

• 81 results
#51 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
Daredevil isn't an avenger. And Daredevil doesn't react before something happens. He reacts as it happens because of his enhance senses. Spider-man has an "early warning" sense. "
That's not my point.My point is knowing what someone will do before they do it is an aid.It doesn't have anything to do with reaction time itself.Daredevil DOES react before something happens.I've seen him locate a sniper from a window 3 blocks away and move him and his wife before shots were fired.His wife doesn't have peak human reflexes and speed like he does so it's obvious he realized there was a shooter way before hand.Not to mention he had no idea there was a sniper after him. "
Locating a sniper before she shoots doesn't mean Daredevil reacts before stuff happens.

@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
"Huh? "
You make it sound as if Spider-Man doesn't have superhuman reaction time because of his spider-sense, immediately dismissing it. That's what I meant by that. "

Oh, no. I'm just saying Spider-Man has the best since he reacts before anybody else, due to knowing something happens before it does.
#52 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Oh, no. I'm just saying Spider-Man has the best since he reacts before anybody else, due to knowing something happens before it does. "
Hmmm....
#53 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
" Oh, no. I'm just saying Spider-Man has the best since he reacts before anybody else, due to knowing something happens before it does. "
Hmmm.... "
lol As I was typing it, I thought it sounded the exact same.
#54 Posted by Vance Astro (91297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
Daredevil isn't an avenger. And Daredevil doesn't react before something happens. He reacts as it happens because of his enhance senses. Spider-man has an "early warning" sense. "
That's not my point.My point is knowing what someone will do before they do it is an aid.It doesn't have anything to do with reaction time itself.Daredevil DOES react before something happens.I've seen him locate a sniper from a window 3 blocks away and move him and his wife before shots were fired.His wife doesn't have peak human reflexes and speed like he does so it's obvious he realized there was a shooter way before hand.Not to mention he had no idea there was a sniper after him. "
Locating a sniper before she shoots doesn't mean Daredevil reacts before stuff happens.

He smelled the gunpowder.Notice how far away I said he was.He wasn't looking for the Sniper his sense of smell tipped him off.Thus he knew someone was going to shoot at him before they fired.I don't understand how that is not reacting before something happens.... 
#55 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor for me.

#56 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fresh Prince said:
" Thor's flew at 3x the speed of light already. I don't remember Sentry coming anywhere close yet. "
Sentry flies at mach something but his reactions can be faster than Thor's
#57 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Quasar

#58 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
Hmmm.... "
His brain reacts, his senses react, his mind reacts but HIS BODY does not react that fast. 
It's a kind of prediction about what a crook will do. Spiderman has a semi precognition but his body still has to move himself

Spiderman still has to leap to push someone of the way of the bullets, he still has to physically leap. Spider-Man when he leaps is not that fast, he maxes out around 120 mph (a small cars top speed) He will need to be pretty close to the victim or close to person with the gun if he wants to shove someone out of the way
#59 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon or Thor

#60 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@OhTru said:
"His brain reacts, his senses react, his mind reacts but HIS BODY does not react that fast.
The underlined part is a lie.
#61 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

#62 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Quasar is not limited by the speed of light and the OP says nothing about not being able to use any space warping abilites. That makes him faster than Thor by leaps and bounds.
#63 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Richard Rider (Nova) ever an Avenger?

#64 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

never offically IIRC.
#65 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver Noise said:
" I don't think his reaction time is better then there's.Every speedster in the Avengers has superhuman reflexes so how do you determine who's faster? "
Sentry blitzed Molecule Man
#66 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

well if its any Avenger I would say in this order

1. Thor

2. Sentry

3. Ms. Marvel

4. Iron Man

5. Wonder Man

How would Iron Man be above Wonder Man?

#67 Posted by TDK_1997 (15005 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon or Thor.

#68 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34016 posts) - - Show Bio
@NerdsFTW said:

@King Saturn said:

well if its any Avenger I would say in this order

1. Thor

2. Sentry

3. Ms. Marvel

4. Iron Man

5. Wonder Man

How would Iron Man be above Wonder Man?

How is Quicksilver not even on this list 
#69 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Race: Thor would win

Reaction: Photon would win (light speed reaction)

#70 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Depends on what type of speed we're talking about, really.

Travel: Thor

Combat/Reactionary: Photon

#71 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon, Nova or Quasar

#72 Posted by Lord Shiva (796 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Depends on what type of speed we're talking about, really.

Travel: Thor

Combat/Reactionary: Photon

Agreed.

With no PIS holding her back, Photon is a beast

#73 Posted by Skaddix (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Satyrquaze said:

Quasar is not limited by the speed of light and the OP says nothing about not being able to use any space warping abilites. That makes him faster than Thor by leaps and bounds.

Not really Thor can teleport.

#74 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix: Not quite. Thor can create spacewarp-gates by spinning Mjolnir at a sufficient velocity and then activating the spell. It generally takes him a few seconds to enact the ability. A comic panel at the very least.

By contrast Quasar activates the Quantum-Bands and in a flash of light later he's on the other side of the universe.

#75 Posted by Wonderman1 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not know much about Wonder Man's flight speed but he is right at the top regarding reflex-oriented feats of speed. He has "instantaneous reflexes". Simon has on a number of occasions shocked people with his reaction times. I would put his reflex action with Captain Marvel ( light lady) as the very fastest, faster even then Quicksilver.

#76 Posted by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

love iron man he's 1 of my fav marvel characters, but does he belong in that list?

#77 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Monica Rambeau
  2. Quicksilver
  3. Sentry
#78 Posted by Pyrogram (41142 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: No love for thor?

#79 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

I think Thor is great. I like him more than any of the characters I listed. I just don't consider him a speedster. He can reach escape velocity using his hammer and he can also teleport but I've never seen him run like Quicksilver or fly like Monica Rambeau.

#80 Posted by Pyrogram (41142 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@Pyrogram said:

I think Thor is great. I like him more than any of the characters I listed. I just don't consider him a speedster. He can reach escape velocity using his hammer and he can also teleport but I've never seen him run like Quicksilver or fly like Monica Rambeau.

This race is across the earth, he can fly at that speed, or is it a running contest in this?

#81 Edited by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: I reread the OP and it appears this race is across space. Considering that, I won't count quicksilver anymore.

The fastest Avengers in this race are"

1. Monica Rambeau
  2. Sentry
  3. Thor
  4. Mar-Vell
  5. Nova (Rider)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.