Who is the best selling Avengers writer?

#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (34926 posts) - - Show Bio

The team has seen plenty of changes over the decades. Roster switch ups, new titles and new creative teams is barely scratching the surface of how much has varied over the years for Marvel's A-list team. But, which writer was able to assemble the most cash for Marvel? The answer might surprise you.

Rob Liefeld. Marvel definitely had a grin on its face and a heavy wallet when Avengers Vol 2 #1 came out. "Heroes Reborn" had 276,734 copies pre-ordered through Heroes World Distribution. This brings it to 3rd pace, falling behind the number 1 issues of Iron Man Vol 2 and Fantastic Four Vol 2.

source: http://blog.comichron.com/2012/05/avengers-comics-sales-history-five.html

#2 Posted by Billy Batson (58319 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't tell Bendis.
BB

#3 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Disappointing, but utterly unsurprising.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (34926 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: In the world of k4tz, I wish I could have said it was Mark Millar for The Ultimates.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91405 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

Don't tell Bendis.
BB

Bendis is on Liefeld's heels.
#6 Posted by cattlebattle (13366 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have guessed Goerge Perez....he won an award for his work if If I'm remembering right

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91405 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
I would have guessed Goerge Perez....he won an award for his work if If I'm remembering right
He go an 3 Eagle Award for Avengers.I don't think e covered an arc as big as Heroes Reborn though.
#8 Posted by cattlebattle (13366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@cattlebattle said:
He go an 3 Eagle Award for Avengers.I don't think e covered an arc as big as Heroes Reborn though.
Yeah, too bad......because Heroes Reborn was pretty much crappola
#9 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

It the reboot behind it.

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (34926 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

It the reboot behind it.

Of course.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp said:

It the reboot behind it.

Of course.

I'm not sure why people are surprised... Avengers were dying and they got rebooted. Seems pretty legit. I like some of the concepts too.

#12 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

It the reboot behind it.

tru

#13 Edited by k4tzm4n (34926 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp said:

It the reboot behind it.

Of course.

I'm not sure why people are surprised... Avengers were dying and they got rebooted. Seems pretty legit. I like some of the concepts too.

So if I was to randomly ask you "who do you think the best selling writer for Avengers is?" you'd immediately know it was Liefeld? Please forgive me, comic guru :P

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp said:

It the reboot behind it.

Of course.

So if I was to randomly ask you "who do you think the best selling writer for Avengers is?" you'd immediately know it was Liefeld? Please forgive me, comic guru :P

I forgive you. Not anyone could be as comically gifted as me. And yes, that pun was horrible, forgive me.

But I didn't say I'd know it, I'm just not surprised. Besides, for your average fan, Liefeld is okay.

#15 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.