Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Who is a better leader for the Avengers?

• 75 results
    _HYDRA_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is a better leader for the Avengers? (130 votes)

Ironman 29%
    Thor 16%
    Black Panther 27%
    Hulk 5%
    Black Widow & Hawkeye (sharing power) 5%
    Nick Fury 16%
    Doctor Strange 2%

I didn't add Cap cause it would be obvious.

• 
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would say Black Panther or Iron Man.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By darkbeam

Classic Nick Fury.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#53 SC  Moderator

@lensnart said:

@sc: I'm pretty sure cyclops is the undisputed leader of the X-men, Storm had a good run though

Thats cool, I know writers and fans that think otherwise, but its fine for you to have your own ideas of course.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have chosen Tony even if Cap was on the list.

+1+1+1 !!

Black Panther for second place.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I say Cap, Ironman, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

he actually was a good leader

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iron Man

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I mentioned before, after Cap, it will be Iron-Man. He's the genius of the team.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man is a terrible leader, especially the post-RDJ version that Marvel is obsessed with. He seems ideally suited to clash with whoever is the leader. Gives him some attitude.

After Cap, it's Thor and it's not close. Everyone reveres Thor and he's a natural born leader as well as a warrior with countless centuries of experience who has traversed the universe.

Avatar image for xtremewolverine
    XtremeWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Moonlighterstone

I guess Iron Man, since Cap is not in this vote.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#63  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@lensnart said:

@sc: I'm pretty sure cyclops is the undisputed leader of the X-men, Storm had a good run though

actually many of the X-men have disputed Cyclops' position of leadership, most notably Storm (who's the leader of the X-men right now), as well as Wolverine, the Beast, and Xavier. Even Iceman has disputed his leadership.

...arguably, he's the most disputed leader of the X-men..

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By devilsgrin81

voted for Thor... coz of this list, i don't see many true leaders. Panther is rather like Cap in many ways... but his loyalties are too divided. Iron Man - he's not a leader. He may be the vanguard of the attack... but he is not inspirational. Black Widow and Hawkeye? for real? lol... thats more of a joke than Hulk leading the squad. No-one is following an assassin.

If i could choose anyone to lead the Avengers who isn't Cap... it would have to be Carol Danvers. She's, imho, the only person qualified.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By devilsgrin81

@oldnightcrawler said:

@lensnart said:

actually many of the X-men have disputed Cyclops' position of leadership, most notably Storm (who's the leader of the X-men right now), as well as Wolverine, the Beast, and Xavier. Even Iceman has disputed his leadership.

...arguably, he's the most disputed leader of the X-men..

how well put. interestingly, even i, the die-hard Storm fan that i am, hadn't really twigged to the fact that Storm IS the leader of the X-Men proper... Whilst Cyclops leads his little renegade squad. It only makes sense. Wolverboring was never the leader of the X-Men - just "headmaster" of the JGS... and had Storm not been retained on Utopia for Scott's Extinction Team, she would have been the leader of the JGS faction - now the "real" X-Men - from then.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

how well put. interestingly, even i, the die-hard Storm fan that i am, hadn't really twigged to the fact that Storm IS the leader of the X-Men proper... Whilst Cyclops leads his little renegade squad. It only makes sense. Wolverboring was never the leader of the X-Men - just "headmaster" of the JGS... and had Storm not been retained on Utopia for Scott's Extinction Team, she would have been the leader of the JGS faction - now the "real" X-Men - from then.

Yeah, so I mean she has been back as the leader for some time now, too (Wolverine asked her to be co-headmaster in Wolverine & the X-Men #24, so, over a year ago), it's just that outside of one or two books, the fact that she's the leader hasn't really come up much in that time.

There's been this idea perpetuated since Schism that it's been Cyclops' X-men or Wolverine's X-men, but in the bigger scope it was more like there's Cyclops' X-men and there's The X-men. Even Storm was going to leave when Wolverine and the others did, but stayed on as a favor to Cyclops.

Though, from what I've heard, Wolverine is supposed to be leaving early on in the next volume of WatX-men, with Storm having to take more control of the school, so maybe we'll see more of her in that capacity there.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By devilsgrin81

@devilsgrin81 said:

Yeah, so I mean she has been back as the leader for some time now, too (Wolverine asked her to be co-headmaster in Wolverine & the X-Men #24, so, over a year ago), it's just that outside of one or two books, the fact that she's the leader hasn't really come up much in that time.

There's been this idea perpetuated since Schism that it's been Cyclops' X-men or Wolverine's X-men, but in the bigger scope it was more like there's Cyclops' X-men and there's The X-men. Even Storm was going to leave when Wolverine and the others did, but stayed on as a favor to Cyclops.

Though, from what I've heard, Wolverine is supposed to be leaving early on in the next volume of WatX-men, with Storm having to take more control of the school, so maybe we'll see more of her in that capacity there.

how interesting that she should be positioned as Headmistress of the JGS ... just as Days of Future Past is about to come out... where thanks to X3... she is also positioned as Leader of the X-Men and Headmistress of the Xavier School...

I did hear also that Wolverboring was essentially leaving the X-Men... to become a jobber "villain" i believe. there's that WatXM cover with her shouldering the mansion... perhaps that's blatant foreshadowing of her increased role... assuming the mantle of not only leader of The X-Men, but also the responsibility of being Head-Mistress of the Jean Grey School.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Black Panther could make a very wise leader.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Poze11

I think Thor would be a better leader. Also, Nick Fury doesn't look bad to lead.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Freakin Parker, he's already the best hero in the future according to cable, Marvel just needs to explore that idea and make it happen, give Peter a story arc where he shines and grows into the next Big Good when Cap is about to pass the torch. Explore his potential, and make him the literal face of Marvel, not just wallpaper mascot face, Heroic Hierarchy Big Good Face.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America is my favorite leader for the Avengers. Luke Cage or Ms.Marvel tie for second.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
    Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Captain America isn't avaible...

Carol Danvers a.k.a. Capitan Marvel!

OR

LUKE CAGE U_U He have all it's needed for be a good leader of an heroic team as the Avengers :)

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Nick over Cap

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther. He's cool headed, rational and a natural leader. He's also brilliant. Someone mentioned that he is a lot like Captain America. That is a good thing for a leader! As for him being distracted by ruling a nation... every Avenger listed has some issue or side project that pulls them away from time to time. Hence their revolving door membership.

But when Black Panther is there, I'd say he is the most balanced choice as a leader (besides Cap).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.