Who Do You Think Will Be In Avengers 2?

#1 Posted by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Title says it. Who do you think Whedon and the rest of the Marvel team will add in. Not who you want (already a thread for that IIRC). Also, would like to see some ideas for what you guys think Phase 3 will bring.

My thoughts:

Avengers 2: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, The Hulk are pretty obvious I think. I also feel like Antman will be in the film, either to introduce him or expand on his character if his solo film is released before Avengers 2. Not sure who will take spot 6. I was thinking maybe War Machine? Also with Guardians of the Galaxy I'm having a little trouble seeing how they will fit in, as I am not that familiar with them.

Phase 3: I heard Marvel is going to do Doctor Strange and Black Panther films. I could also see Thor 3, along with a solo Hulk film. Not sure what else at this point, although I think it's safe to assume Iron Man will only appear in one movie in this phase (Avengers 3).

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Avengers 2 will definitely introduce Ant-Man seeing as how it is confirmed that the Ant-Man movie will be released after Avengers 2. You are at least partially right with Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America appearing again since they are all getting sequels. Hulk I am not sure since he is not getting his own movie again until Phase 3. Black Widow will make an appearance since she will be appearing in the Captain America sequel. As for Hawkeye I don't know although I hope so. For Guardians of the Galaxy they will most likely introduce Thanos with them teaming up with the Avengers to fight him. Also Falcon maybe since he will appear in the Cap sequel.

As for Phase 3 I have no idea.

#3 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

I think in Marvel Phase 3, they will introduce Doctor Strange, Ms Marvel....maybe there will be cameo of Fantastic 4 or Spiderman or even X-mens....(of course after they solve the copyright issues)

Black Panther will appears on Avengers 2 and Ant-man also...it has been confirmed.

#4 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

I think in Marvel Phase 3, they will introduce Doctor Strange, Ms Marvel....maybe there will be cameo of Fantastic 4 or Spiderman or even X-mens....(of course after they solve the copyright issues)

Black Panther will appears on Avengers 2 and Ant-man also...it has been confirmed.

when was this confirmed?source?

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ant-Man, Wasp, and Falcon will be introduced either before of during Avengers 2. Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther will be saved for Phase 3

#6 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Ant-Man and Wasp will be in the sequel of The Avengers. I mean, it's rumored that Wasp is supposed to be introduced in Iron Man 3.

#7 Posted by Arcadian (376 posts) - - Show Bio

GOD. Look, no offense but can you people just STOP making these similar threads??? We've had too many of these "who do YOU want/think (should be) in Avengers 2" posts that I'm literally sick of it...

#8 Posted by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Ant-Man and Wasp will be in the sequel of The Avengers. I mean, it's rumored that Wasp is supposed to be introduced in Iron Man 3.

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops! BECAUSE HE WAS RIGHT!

Okay but seriously, I'd kill for Black Panther.

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (16503 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this roster.

#11 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard rumours that Falcon was being cast in Captain America 2, so maybe he has a cameo in The Avengers 2?

#12 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

I've heard rumours that Falcon was being cast in Captain America 2, so maybe he has a cameo in The Avengers 2?

I've read this too. Anthony Mackie has been training for the shoot, supposedly.

#13 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@VictorVonDoom_1: Is it? I'm not sure how good he'd be for the role, I've only ever seen him in two films. PLus, I've only read a few books with Falcon in so I'm not that familiar with the character either.

#14 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

@VictorVonDoom_1: Is it? I'm not sure how good he'd be for the role, I've only ever seen him in two films. PLus, I've only read a few books with Falcon in so I'm not that familiar with the character either.

Yeah, well that's what I read. I think I've seen him in 3 films. But yeah, not too familiar with Falcon either.

#15 Posted by maddpanda (51 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I heard that Marvel might be making a deal with Fox to gain rights to Galactus and Silver Surfer in exchange for extended rights to Daredevil. Anyone know if there's any truth to this rumor and what role the two would play if they were to be introduced to the MCU (As in which movie or movies they'd appear in)?

#16 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@maddpanda: That's not true. Marvel got the rights back to daredevil because fox didn't make a movie in time.

#17 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see them to set up ULTRON for Avengers 3 at the end of Avengers 2. Although if they do face off against Thanos, I don't see them being too threatened by the character. Still, there's a lot they could do with him. Taskmaster would be a great addition to any Marvel film. Only problem is, I can't picture any actor portraying him.

#18 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Id like to see Ant Man in the 2nd with Ultron and Vision in the 3rd. I also heard that Robert Downy Jr is hanging up the Iron Man suit after Avengers 3. Which upsets me, now how am I gonna get me girlfriend to come see Avengers films with me :(

#20 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@maddpanda said:

So, I heard that Marvel might be making a deal with Fox to gain rights to Galactus and Silver Surfer in exchange for extended rights to Daredevil. Anyone know if there's any truth to this rumor and what role the two would play if they were to be introduced to the MCU (As in which movie or movies they'd appear in)?

I've been trying to find the source of something I read that's similar to this.. But, I can't find it and it's pretty fuckin' frustrating. Anyways, I think it said that Marvel wants the rights to the Silver Surfer and Galactus so they can try and make a Defenders movie in the near future.

#21 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it won't happen but I still want The Vision to appear in one of the Avengers films.

#22 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

For the love of god we need Wasp and Hank Pym on the team!...Would love to see the Vision too.

#23 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4149 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont care much for avengers.....does anyone know any good avengers arch??? i read children's crusade, which was ok

#24 Posted by beautifulrevery (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone think the Andrew Garfield Spider Man will make an appearance in a future avenger's movie?(Not necessarily avengers 2 because it is still far too soon in his career)

#25 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray said:

I know it won't happen but I still want The Vision to appear in one of the Avengers films.

I thought Vin Diesel was approached to play Vision?

#26 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@VictorVonDoom_1 said:

Vin Diesel as Vision is a terrible choice!!! So now Vision is gonna look more sturdy and muscular than Thor and Cap? He would be more natural to play Drax in upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy...

#27 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

In the next movie, I predict that they introduce Falcon, Ant-Man, and Wasp.

#28 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

@VictorVonDoom_1 said:

Vin Diesel as Vision is a terrible choice!!! So now Vision is gonna look more sturdy and muscular than Thor and Cap? He would be more natural to play Drax in upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy...

Same what I was thinking. Vin is a bit too short to play Vision when he looks like a tall dude. Now I can really picture him being Drax. That would actually work really well.

#29 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

In the next movie, I predict that they introduce Falcon, Ant-Man, and Wasp.

Falcon will be introduced in the Captain America sequel. I heard Wasp was being introduced in Iron Man 3, supposedly. and Ant-Man's gonna have his own film which is pretty exciting.

#30 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

^Yup. Those are the exact reasons why I feel that they'll be the newest Avengers recruits. It'd be a smart move to introduce Ant-Man in the Avengers before his solo film to give the character a bigger fanbase to work off of. That, and Wasp won't only be his partner, but it'd give the team another female member, which is really needed.

#31 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@VictorVonDoom_1 said:

@asIsuspected said:

@VictorVonDoom_1 said:

Same what I was thinking. Vin is a bit too short to play Vision when he looks like a tall dude. Now I can really picture him being Drax. That would actually work really well.

agreed

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

I would really love to see Ant-Man/Wasp alongside T'Challa.

#33 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther and Ms. Marvel or at least Carol Danvers showing up and setting her up to be Ms. Marvel.

#34 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing Ms. Marvel showing up would be pretty rad.

#35 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Ms. Marvel joins the Avengers, or at least be introduced in the Second Phase so that she could have her own movie when the Third Phase rolls around.

#36 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think that if Ms. Marvel's going to appear anywhere, it'll either be in GotG or, more likely in my opinion, the SHIELD show.

#37 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

I honestly think that if Ms. Marvel's going to appear anywhere, it'll either be in GotG or, more likely in my opinion, the SHIELD show.

I could see her having a cameo in GotG, seeing as they will be dealing with Marvel cosmic characters, I have a feeling we'll probably get a mention of the Kree in the movie, which could foreshadow Carol becoming Ms. Marvel in a future movie.
#38 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I could see her having a cameo in GotG, seeing as they will be dealing with Marvel cosmic characters, I have a feeling we'll probably get a mention of the Kree in the movie, which could foreshadow Carol becoming Ms. Marvel in a future movie.

Actually, I think it'd be even cooler if Mar-Vell was either mentioned/cameoed, only to have a major role in the Ms. Marvel movie. She'll get one eventually.

#39 Posted by thespidey307 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

My roster for Avengers 2: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wasp, Ant-Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, and Vision.

#40 Posted by Funkypanda123 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman people are saying sony is into the idea

#41 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Actually, I think it'd be even cooler if Mar-Vell was either mentioned/cameoed, only to have a major role in the Ms. Marvel movie. She'll get one eventually.

It was announced that there would be no superheroes in the SHIELD show, sadly. But a cameo in the GotG seems understandable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.