Who do you think should become an Avenger?

• 90 results
Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Explain Why.
My first pick is Quake.  She wanted to be, but Cap said no.  What a jerk.

#1 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...

who's been on the Avengers again?

#2 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Quake already with S.H.I.E.L.D?

Anyway,I'd like to see...wait...everyone I'm thinking of was already an Avenger.

#3 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@box turtle said:
"Explain Why.
My first pick is Quake.  She wanted to be, but Cap said no.  What a jerk.
"

Captain America didn't actually say no, Quake never asked, she ASSUMED she was about to be asked to become an Avenger. Captain America simply said that she miss understood and that they are not recruiting.  He wasn't a jerk about it. And anyway, Quake's a litte too unstable to be an Avenger, she doesn't get on with other people.

I'd like to see Nova on the Avengers.

#4 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always wanted to see Toxin on the Avengers.

#5 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Invisible Woman shold be an Avenger

#6 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Invisibly Woman and Nova would both be great Avengers, but Toxin--come on.  I mean, the police officer host is good, but since when has Carnage's savage son had any good intentions. 
Here is someone who could be a great avenger:

SONGBIRD--Lalalalaaa
#7 Posted by King_Of_Wakanda (21 posts) - - Show Bio

He's already been, but T'Challa needs to make his glorious return.

#8 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed.  He could bring Storm and his sister with him.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@King_Of_Wakanda said:
" He's already been, but T'Challa needs to make his glorious return. "
T'Challa is the king of Wakanda..he doesn't have time to be an Avenger.

@War Killer said:
" I think Invisible Woman shold be an Avenger "
She's in the F4 with the rest of her family.There would be no point at all for her to be an Avenger now.

@Strafe Prower said:
" I've always wanted to see Toxin on the Avengers. "
Too inexperienced and obviously Marvel doesn't care about him since they pretended he was on the Initiative but we have yet to see him in the comics.

@ARMIV said:
" Isn't Quake already with S.H.I.E.L.D?Anyway,I'd like to see...wait...everyone I'm thinking of was already an Avenger. "
Quake's with the SECRET WARRIORS,there is no S.H.I.E.L.D.
#10 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"@King_Of_Wakanda said:
@War Killer said:
She's in the F4 with the rest of her family.There would be no point at all for her to be an Avenger now.

"

I think see should be one more teams, she can still be with the Fantstic Four but, I would like to see her work on another team, seeing how she would work with other charecters in the Marvel Universe
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@King_Of_Wakanda said:
@War Killer said:

"
I think see should be one more teams, she can still be with the Fantstic Four but, I would like to see her work on another team, seeing how she would work with other charecters in the Marvel Universe "
Then she would be splitting her time among teams for no reason.I think they should take it back to the original Avengers concept.Two teams.The core Avengers and the West Coast or Mighty Avengers and then the reserves,people like the F4,Daredevil,Nick Fury,Elektra,Moon Knight,Dr.Strange,She-Hulk etc.
#12 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84462 posts) - - Show Bio

Cloak & Dagger. They sided with Cap during the Civil War. They deserve to be on a A-List team (I dont count Dark X-Men yet)

#13 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@King_Of_Wakanda said:
@War Killer said:

"
I think see should be one more teams, she can still be with the Fantstic Four but, I would like to see her work on another team, seeing how she would work with other charecters in the Marvel Universe "
Then she would be splitting her time among teams for no reason.I think they should take it back to the original Avengers concept.Two teams.The core Avengers and the West Coast or Mighty Avengers and then the reserves,people like the F4,Daredevil,Nick Fury,Elektra,Moon Knight,Dr.Strange,She-Hulk etc.
"
Her time wouldn't be split, Stature is on the Young Avengers and Mighty Avengers, Wolverine's on X-Men, X-Force, New Avengers and they both can keep up with all the teams their on, and I really think it would be intresting to she how Sue acts when it's just her and other super-heroes that she's not used to woking with
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@King_Of_Wakanda said:
@War Killer said:

"
"
Her time wouldn't be split, Stature is on the Young Avengers and Mighty Avengers, Wolverine's on X-Men, X-Force, New Avengers and they both can keep up with all the teams their on, and I really think it would be intresting to she how Sue acts when it's just her and other super-heroes that she's not used to woking with "
The F4 actually go on missions and do things.The Young Avengers aren't doing anything and Wolverine is a popularity issue.
#15 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@King_Of_Wakanda said:
@War Killer said:

"
"
Her time wouldn't be split, Stature is on the Young Avengers and Mighty Avengers, Wolverine's on X-Men, X-Force, New Avengers and they both can keep up with all the teams their on, and I really think it would be intresting to she how Sue acts when it's just her and other super-heroes that she's not used to woking with "
The F4 actually go on missions and do things.The Young Avengers aren't doing anything and Wolverine is a popularity issue.
"
Their fighty those Young Masters right now
#16 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Firestar come out of retirement and join back up with the Avengers.

#17 Posted by Grand Marvelous (164 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" I actually wouldn't mind seeing Firestar come out of retirement and join back up with the Avengers. "
She's going to be in Marvel Divas.
#18 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grand Marvelous: Ya I know, and I won't waste my money on it. I would much rather have her back in the mainstream of 616 back on the Avengers with Captain America, Hawkeye(Clint Barton), Thor, Iron Woman(lets give Pepper a shot), Hank Pym(whatever name he's going by now), Ms. Marvel(Carol Danvers), and Bucky.
#19 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

..Night Thrasher

Atleast until theres a new new warriors.

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @Grand Marvelous: Ya I know, and I won't waste my money on it. I would much rather have her back in the mainstream of 616 back on the Avengers with Captain America, Hawkeye(Clint Barton), Thor, Iron Woman(lets give Pepper a shot), Hank Pym(whatever name he's going by now), Ms. Marvel(Carol Danvers), and Bucky. "
If they aren't going to let Justice in and he didn't even retire like she did and he's been around for all the major events,then I don't think Firestar is important enough to be an Avenger either.I would hope Clint stays as Ronin.There's already two Hawkeye's.When Dark Reign is over he should continue to let Kate have the name.Lastly Thor is the ruler of Asgard now correct? So I don't think he has the time to be an Avenger and Pepper just started using a suit,she's in no position to be an Avenger.Especially now with all the buzz around untrained heroes and the registration act and all that.
#21 Posted by Fastforward! (174 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Speedball on the avengers. No more emo Penance crap. I just want good ol', fun loving Robbie Baldwin back.

#22 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Speedball Dead?

#23 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Firebird retired, she's on one of the Initiative teams.
I also like the idea of Iron Woman--Pepper would be awesome.

#25 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: To be honest I never liked Justice. I don't know why, its just one of those things. Thor has actually been banished from Asgard by Balder. And by the time the true Avengers form, because you can't have them without Cap, Pepper would have more time with the suit, and who better to train her in combat then the Living Legend, the Sentinal of Liberty.
#26 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I would actually like to see Taskmaster on the Avengers, not the Dark Avengers, one of the other Avenger teams. Supposing the running the Initiative thing falls through and he tries to go straight and joins the Avengers. That'd be awesome.

#27 Posted by no name no face (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Song Bird

Radio Active Man

#28 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Toxin

#29 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDrifter said:
"Toxin"

No.
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @Vance Astro: To be honest I never liked Justice. I don't know why, its just one of those things. Thor has actually been banished from Asgard by Balder. And by the time the true Avengers form, because you can't have them without Cap, Pepper would have more time with the suit, and who better to train her in combat then the Living Legend, the Sentinal of Liberty. "
I haven't been reading Thor..how can he be banned from Asgard by someone so much weaker than him? If he's not in Asgard,where is he?
Pepper isn't a superhero.She's a woman in a suit.She has been Stark's assistant for all these years.They should have her around like they do Jarvis but being an actual member is ridiculous.They already have Iron Man and War Machine out there somewhere.
#31 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I would really like to see daredevil on the avengers but it will never happen.

Other guys I think would be good avengers are
havok, 

#32 Posted by Fastforward! (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"Isn't Speedball Dead? "

No way, he just gat all emo when everyone blamed him for stamford, and joined the thunderbolts with this suit:

#33 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

The Initiative counts as the Avengers, so technically, I think Taskmasters is head of an Avengers team.  Pepper really has the stuff to become a hero, so I think she should be an Avenger.
As for Penance, I thought he was taken off the Thunderbolts and placed in a mental institution, thanks to Moonstone (who is now Ms. Marvel).

Ms Marvel #41
#34 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Toxin

#35 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think Toxin is to evil--unless its the Dark Avengers!

#36 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always thought Nightcrawler would make a cool Avenger.

#37 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
@box turtle said:
" I still think Toxin is to evil--unless its the Dark Avengers! "
why do you think he is evil. He hasn't really done anything that bad has he.
#38 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

Next member of New Avengers should be either Daredevil or Dr. Strange

#39 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange is basically a member of the new Avengers, but he has been busy dealing with the whole new Sorcerer Supreme thing. 

#40 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2120 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes for Iceman, I'd love to see him with the Avengers or even Nova.

#41 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but I mean Taskmaster joining the real Avengers.

Nightcrawler would be a great Avenger, and now that Strange isn't the Sorcerer Supreme....hellz yeah.

#42 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: To be honest, I am not sure why Thor listened to him, but he did and is now banned from Asgard. Warmachine doesn't need a team. And since everyone hates Iron Man now, I don't, and plus he's erasing his memory so by the time the MU rights itself is he going to be the same person.

Pepper would be a good addition because you still have the Iron Man connection and plus not all superheros wake up in the morning and become this bad ass crime fighters some take time to learn, so why couldn't Pepper?
#43 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lost_Rellik: Nightcrawler and Iceman would be among my top picks, but to be honest, I'd like to see just about any of the X-Men joining the Avengers (not permanentally. just for a little while). It seems like just about every hero from the MU has been an Avenger at one point or another... except for the people with 'X' titles. I know Wolverine and Beast have been Avengers, but I can't think of any more.
#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @Vance Astro: To be honest, I am not sure why Thor listened to him, but he did and is now banned from Asgard. Warmachine doesn't need a team. And since everyone hates Iron Man now, I don't, and plus he's erasing his memory so by the time the MU rights itself is he going to be the same person.Pepper would be a good addition because you still have the Iron Man connection and plus not all superheros wake up in the morning and become this bad ass crime fighters some take time to learn, so why couldn't Pepper? "
Unexperienced heroes being Avengers isn't going to fly at this point.All the registration act stuff will throw a wrench in that.
#45 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Mac Gargan is really inexcperienced--he didn't really do much as the Scorpion, and he has only has his Spidey/Venom powers a short time.
Iceman isn't really doing much on the X-Men--he is just the powerhouse the Avengers need.  I mean, hasn't Iceman really only been involved in stories as a big part when it is Mystique beating him up--its time he found something new. 
Nightcrawler would be good on the Avengers too, but Toxin would not.  It has been spelled out that the Toxin suit is evil--and I know the whole Anti-Venom story arc, but still--Toxin just isn't a real hero.  Its the same reason people like Punisher and Ghost Rider aren't on the Avengers--they just don't fit the Avengers motto. 
Also, seeing as we are having all these powerhouses on the Avengers, why not Silver Surfer? 

And yes, I think Taskmaster would be a great on the regular Avengers.  He would be AWESOME!

Task Master

YEAH!!!!
#46 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny Ketch

#47 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio
@box turtle:
Silver Surfer is too much of a free spirit, he cant commit to a solar system much less a team
#48 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Daredevil on the Avengers. He's always been a bit of a loner, but he really should get on a team.

#49 Edited by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Em back to the Avengers!

#50 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny Ketch is host to the spirit of vengeance, and Avengers are meant to protect the peace.  That would not work out.
I also think Stingray is so powerful he should get a prime spot.  Right now, he is the Initiative hero in Hawaii, but he should join the regular Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.