Who do you honestly think will take over Avengers?

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

With Bendis leaving the book soon (but not soon enough), who do you honestly think will take over and why?

#2 Posted by RoboShark (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

lol people really don't like Bendis on that book...1959 was the coolest thing I've ever read in an Avengers book.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22752 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping for Dan Slott

#4 Posted by X35 (5983 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Me too. He was great when he had that short run during Dark Reign. :D

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I was raised to hope for the best, but expect the worst. That being said, I hope for Slott, Waid, or (a longshot) Whedon, but I'm expecting Fraction.

#6 Posted by The_Tree (8284 posts) - - Show Bio

I expect Fraction, but I hope for Hickman.

#7 Posted by CATPANEXE (9265 posts) - - Show Bio

Outside who I would like it's too hard to say. Hopefully someone that will do well enough to make me read it again?

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13850 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope for Waid or Slott, that way I can read Avengers again.

#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction.

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

Fingers crossed for Hickman, Waid, or Slott. Based on Fear Itself, I wouldn't want it to be Fraction.

#11 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I hope for Waid or Slott, that way I can read Avengers again.

this. But knowing Marvel it'll probably be Fraction.......

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29515 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna be Fraction.

The signs are all there.

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (18081 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Well I was raised to hope for the best, but expect the worst. That being said, I hope for Slott, Waid, or (a longshot) Whedon, but I'm expecting Fraction.

Please for the love of god... NOT FRACTION.

#14 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

Fingers crossed for Hickman, Waid, or Slott. Based on Fear Itself, I wouldn't want it to be Fraction.

I think Hickman has far too many priorities on his hands right now, what with FF, F4, The Ultimates, etc. 
#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29515 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Like I said in my earlier post, the signs are all there.

#16 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope its somone good.what about jeff parker or chris yost ?

#17 Posted by darktron (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be Hickman because he is leaving the Ultimates. It would also kick all kinds of ass if he took over a new Nova book after AvX!

#18 Posted by CATPANEXE (9265 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

It's gonna be Fraction.

The signs are all there.

Now stop that! You just stop it, you hear me?

#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29515 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

It's gonna be Fraction.

The signs are all there.

Denial won't save you, I'm afraid.

#20 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@darktron said:

I think it will be Hickman

I hope you're right but knowing Marvel, I expect to be disappointed and that it will be Fraction.

#21 Edited by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Parker trial run? He has been on Thunderbolts for a while now...

#22 Posted by X35 (5983 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff parker would be amazing

He's been writing the actual Avengers book for a while now ;)

#23 Edited by CATPANEXE (9265 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@CATPANEXE said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

It's gonna be Fraction.

The signs are all there.

Denial won't save you, I'm afraid.

You never know. Bendis, Loeb and Fraction are still grabbing at the X-Books to date, Fraction wanting back in himself. Yet I haven't seen full results so far. Or maybe, while it isn't going on I want to enjoy it? The thought of certain people taking over Marvel and starting to drive away more qualified writers, which they already have and still are doing. No one likes being under the thumb of creative control, imagine if say...Rick Remender got fed up with that and started pulling away like many others have, noticing Abnet & Lanning beginning to do this and follow others out and putting their real efforts in over at IDW (not that New Mutants isn't a well done book or anything, clearly they have their heart in it), and surprised that Majorie Liu hasn't...yet. It's sad Marvel isn't able to recognize that despite readers buying comics out of obligation, that giving certain Bullpen members too much power is ruining the quality of their books. So I guess your right in a sense, because their denial certainly hasn't saved me or their books. ;)

#24 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

This.
#25 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard it was going to be Chuck Austen with art by Rob Liefield.

#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

I think Hickman has far too many priorities on his hands right now, what with FF, F4, The Ultimates, etc.
Hickman said he never planned on leaving "Ultimates," and he took "Ultimate Thor" with "the understanding that I would get 'Ultimates.'" But now, he said, "I got a job offer that I couldn't refuse, so I'm taking it."

Hickman on co-writing Ultimates with Sam Humphries.

#27 Posted by X35 (5983 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler: Well, after all, their last runs were so great... ¬_¬

#28 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

Hickman said he never planned on leaving "Ultimates," and he took "Ultimate Thor" with "the understanding that I would get 'Ultimates.'" But now, he said, "I got a job offer that I couldn't refuse, so I'm taking it."

Hickman on co-writing Ultimates with Sam Humphries.

Hurm. Okay, Morph, you're superior to me. It's official now. -___-
#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (18081 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Like I said in my earlier post, the signs are all there.

Then I have lost all hope for the future of Marvel.

#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

Well I was raised to hope for the best, but expect the worst. That being said, I hope for Slott or Waid, but I'm expecting Fraction.

#31 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: If you think about it AvX isn't even an event. All it is is the gathering of two terrible people and their excuse for writing the other's garbage.

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (15396 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt Fraction is stepping on the Avengers for only one reason,this is Marvel.

#33 Posted by Deranged Midget (18081 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget: If you think about it AvX isn't even an event. All it is is the gathering of two terrible people and their excuse for writing the other's garbage.

Exactly, either they have exhausted all of their good ideas, or they just lack imagination.

I'm calling it right now, Fraction kills off Cyclops and Iron man over the course of this event.

#34 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Hickman or Fraction. Please let is be Hickman. Give Fraction Assemble

#35 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction, Loeb, or Liefeld.

#36 Posted by JonesDeini (3505 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

With Bendis leaving the book soon (but not soon enough), who do you honestly think will take over and why?

Hickman, especially considering that he announced he's leaving FF/F4/Ultimates at the end of the year for a job he simply couldn't refuse. He's got work with the Ultimates Under his belt and has been using them in FF/F4 as well. I'd love to see what he does with the title. He just needs to tweek his writing of Cap a bit.

#37 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

My word. Bendis has made this such a crap book it's just unbelievable.

#38 Posted by Billy Batson (58765 posts) - - Show Bio

FRACTION! :D
BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.