Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Which is your favorite Avengers series right now? (and why?)

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Poll Which is your favorite Avengers series right now? (and why?) (31 votes)

Avengers 19%
    New Avengers 32%
    Uncanny Avengers 23%
    Young Avengers 3%
    Avengers Arena 3%
    Avengers Assemble 3%
    Hawkeye (what?) 16%

So, yeah, which Avengers book has you the most interested right now and why?

Yes, I will accept Hawkeye, since it's almost always got at least two Avengers in it. If there's any others I've forgotten, or that you think should count, or if any of these have been cancelled, please do let me know. I don't read all of these books myself (only Avengers, New, Uncanny, and Hawkeye), which is part of why I'm asking.

• 
    Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

You forgot Secret Avengers which has been awesome for each of the three issues that has been released.

I selected New Avengers because the story has been fantastic while having spot on characterizations for each of the Illuminati.

After New, it is a tie for Secret and Uncanny for me. Secret has been fun with a very interesting story. Uncanny had a decent first arc but the last two issues were great using both Kang and Apocalypse.

Avengers has been hit and miss for me. I appreciate the grand scope of the story and think it will all wrap around for a great story. However, I think that character moments have been sacrificed for plot.

I do love Hawkeye but don't consider it an Avengers title.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

I've read (I think) the first issue of all of them, and Uncanny was the one I'm most likely to actually follow if I pick up any of these (followed by Hawkeye and Young Avengers).

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Honestly all the avenger books are lacking right now, so I'm gonna go with Hawkguy.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oldnightcrawler

You forgot Secret Avengers which has been awesome for each of the three issues that has been released.

I selected New Avengers because the story has been fantastic while having spot on characterizations for each of the Illuminati.

After New, it is a tie for Secret and Uncanny for me. Secret has been fun with a very interesting story. Uncanny had a decent first arc but the last two issues were great using both Kang and Apocalypse.

Avengers has been hit and miss for me. I appreciate the grand scope of the story and think it will all wrap around for a great story. However, I think that character moments have been sacrificed for plot.

I do love Hawkeye but don't consider it an Avengers title.

oh, smegg, I knew I was forgetting something obvious. hehheh..

Yeah, I chose Uncanny because so far it feels like it's got the most focus on the members of the team, and I like that.

But New Avengers would be a pretty close second for me right now; very close.

Avengers is the one that interests me the least right now, pretty much for the reasons you said. I'm thinking of dropping it, actually, but, like you say, it does seem like it could wrap around into something pretty cool. The next issue is supposed to be set in Hong Kong, and it features some characters I've wanted to see more of. The previews look good, so I'll probably get it. I just wonder if there might be another book that would interest me more. Maybe I will give Secret Avengers a chance.

@teerack said:

Honestly all the avenger books are lacking right now, so I'm gonna go with Hawkguy.

ha! Hawkguy and Lady-Hawguy! I loved when they show why he calls them that..

I'm gonna miss that guy.

montydapunk.k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ok, since this forum is dedicated to the current Avengers title, can anyone tell me which is the better title between Avengers and Avengers Assemble. I know that Avengers is the core title of the team and I have read some recent issues of Avengers as well but it is way too serious and everything is happening on a grand scale which I feel is a bit boring. Plus I wanted to see some sort of interaction between the team members which is not there in the Avengers. Also Iv read somewhere that Avengers assemble is better then Avengers.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@montydapunk_k: Avengers Assemble is much smaller scale, and the arcs are short and self contained. I've only been reading since #9, but since then there's been a three issue arc with 8 members, mostly focusing on 4-6 of them, and a two issue arc with only 3 members, they're currently doing Age Of Ultron tie ins, and my #14AU hasn't arrived yet, so I can't comment on that yet.

I've found it to be a lot more focused and often more enjoyable than Avengers. Avengers has been O.K., but it has two many members on the team, and the plot has been quite slow. If you want short focused stories with more room for individual characters to shine, I'd recommend giving it a go.

The first issue after Age Of Ultron is part of a crossover with Captain Marvel, which will be printed in Avengers: The Enemy Within #1, Avengers Assemble #16, Captain Marvel #13, Avengers Assemble #17 and Captain Marvel #14, in that order.

If you're not reading Uncanny Avengers, I'd recommend that too.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@montydapunk_k:

@montydapunk_k:

Avengers Assemble is much smaller scale, and the arcs are short and self contained. I've only been reading since #9, but since then there's been a three issue arc with 8 members, mostly focusing on 4-6 of them, and a two issue arc with only 3 members, they're currently doing Age Of Ultron tie ins, and my #14AU hasn't arrived yet, so I can't comment on that yet.

I've found it to be a lot more focused and often more enjoyable than Avengers. Avengers has been O.K., but it has two many members on the team, and the plot has been quite slow. If you want short focused stories with more room for individual characters to shine, I'd recommend giving it a go.

The first issue after Age Of Ultron is part of a crossover with Captain Marvel, which will be printed in Avengers: The Enemy Within #1, Avengers Assemble #16, Captain Marvel #13, Avengers Assemble #17 and Captain Marvel #14, in that order.

If you're not reading Uncanny Avengers, I'd recommend that too.

Thanks, I was wondering about that one too.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: No problem. It's a bit of a low seller for some reason, but it's definitely worth a read, especially if you like Spider-Woman. She's the only character to be in all five of Kelly Sue DeConnicks issues, and she'll be appearing in The Enemy Within too. Considering she doesn't have her own series, and she's had virtually no attention paid to her in Avengers, it seems to be the best place to find her at the moment.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

Wow that's a doozy of a question. It's nearly impossible to select one over the others and I'm not even an Avengers fan.

I selected AVENGERS since I do like the rotating cast and less focus on characters that everyone else seems to dislike. One thing I've always hated about "team up" books is that they tend to conflict with the individual character's solo books. I believe Hickman is purposely avoiding that while building up for a masterful story as well. Plus pulling concepts from Starbrand, Night Mask, and Ellis's Newuniversal into the Marvel U. Then again I love reading about new and underused characters so this book is perfect for me.

I don't even think New Avengers, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena should have the word "Avengers" in the title. I know they are Avengers related, but I hate Marvel labeling everything Avenger & X-Men to sell books. I would go as far as calling Uncanny Avengers "Unity Squad" since you know that is basically their team name.

Young Avengers is GREAT team book if you want to see great characterization. Uncanny Avengers as well. Hawkguy is golden. Plus Avengers Arena is really fun read as well.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@v_scarlotte_rose: thanks, that does sound cool. I like Spiderwoman and Captain Marvel, so I probably will check out that Enemy Within story to try it out.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I hate the idea of the Avengers and X-men co-exist together in one team I would say Uncanny Avengers is the best. Since it utilizes and combines the two teams rogues together. Now if only the members would sort out their difference by a duel to the death already perfarably with knives Rogue and Scarlet Witch I'm looking at you two.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. Young Avengers
    2. Avengers Arena / Uncanny Avengers (didn't like the last arc, I do like the apocalypse one)
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow that's a doozy of a question. It's nearly impossible to select one over the others and I'm not even an Avengers fan.

I selected AVENGERS since I do like the rotating cast and less focus on characters that everyone else seems to dislike. One thing I've always hated about "team up" books is that they tend to conflict with the individual character's solo books. I believe Hickman is purposely avoiding that while building up for a masterful story as well. Plus pulling concepts from Starbrand, Night Mask, and Ellis's Newuniversal into the Marvel U. Then again I love reading about new and underused characters so this book is perfect for me.

I don't even think New Avengers, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena should have the word "Avengers" in the title. I know they are Avengers related, but I hate Marvel labeling everything Avenger & X-Men to sell books. I would go as far as calling Uncanny Avengers "Unity Squad" since you know that is basically their team name.

Young Avengers is GREAT team book if you want to see great characterization. Uncanny Avengers as well. Hawkguy is golden. Plus Avengers Arena is really fun read as well.

yeah, New Avengers is great, but it should be called "the Illuminati", or "the Secret Avengers".

Secret Avengers should probably be called "Agents of Shield".

Uncanny Avengers kinda needs to be called Uncanny Avengers, however, since that's the whole premise.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: If you're looking to get back issues, Carol has a part in #9-11. She's not the main focus, but it's worth a read. :)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: I think I'll start with the story she's the focus of, and check out the back issues if I like that.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is there anything to consider, bro? Bor! Of course it's hawkguy, bro.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

I don't see how Hawkeye counts but it'll garner the most votes as the avengers books will divide avengers fans and non team book fans can easily pick a solo title. So it won't be an accurate poll even though I enjoy and get Hawkeye monthly.

My favorite Avengers title is New Avengers.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Man, I kinda just put Hawkeye there as a joke (even though I love the book, myself); I had no idea he was gonna take this thing over..

No Caption Provided

glad to see so much love for it though.

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Polarity

I think the Avengers book right now have really good potential, but it's really not quite clicking at the moment. The main book is somewhat of a slog to get through. A huge cast and Hickman's slow burn isn't helping out much right now, this might be a huge trade read. I love parts of the Uncanny cast (Rogue, Havok, Wasp and Scarlet Witch), but the characterization is a bit off and I think I'd rather read something else than Apocalypse right now. This really should have been followed up in Remender's X-Force title. I want something new. New Avengers has a great cast and concept, but I get the feeling everyone is going to try to out jerk each other and with what's going on in the X-titles right now, I'm not sure I want to read more of that.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm really liking New Avengers the most out of all the titles, though I am following them all, except AA and YA.

NA feels like a continuation of what Hickman was doing in F4 and FF before he left and has a grand feel to them, probably why I like it the most.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By novi_homines

@extremis said:

I don't see how Hawkeye counts but it'll garner the most votes as the avengers books will divide avengers fans and non team book fans can easily pick a solo title. So it won't be an accurate poll even though I enjoy and get Hawkeye monthly.

This. Hawkeye shouldn't count and it skews the results. Having "at least 2 avengers at all times" (which is not even true) doesn't make it count as an avengers title. New Avengers is #1 for me.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My fav is the New Avengers but I am liking Hawkeye a lot more than I thought I would.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@extremis said:

This. Hawkeye shouldn't count and it skews the results. Having "at least 2 avengers at all times" (which is not even true) doesn't make it count as an avengers title. New Avengers is #1 for me.

then just don't count Hawkeye's votes (and pretty much every issue has, at least, Hawkeye and Hawkeye).

anyway, I'm glad to hear people are into New Avengers. I like that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.