Where Is This Cover Originally From?

#1 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6129 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Everyone.

In the U.K. we have a monthly reprint series of Avengers comics called Avengers Assemble, and issue 6, from June 2012 looked like this.

And the American series, also called Avengers Assemble, issue 10, from December 2012, looks like this.

I can't imagine the British reprint comic would have had access to this image first, but I can't find where it comes from originally. It's not the cover of any of the comics printed inside, so I can't work out where it came from. I'd be interested to know which colour Hulk was used first too.

Does anyone know?

Scarlotte.

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6129 posts) - - Show Bio

Never mind, I've found out it was the variant cover for Avengers(Vol4) #9, and it was Red Hulk that was on it.

Is this a common thing, covers being reused?

#3 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

seems more like a Greg Land thing to me.

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6129 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984:Turns out you're right. It lists him and Frank D'Armata as the cover artist, so I'm guessing Frank D'Armata was the one who recoloured it.

It suits the issue well though. I wonder if covers get re-used often.

#5 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

I think usually just for reprints, foreign exports or what have you. I think here in Canada we just get the same printings as the states.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.