Whats you favorite Avengers book on the shelves right now?

Posted by masmason92 (24 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Whats you favorite Avengers book on the shelves right now? (29 votes)

Avengers 17%
New Avengers 41%
Uncanny Avengers 10%
Secret Avengers 3%
Avengers Arena 10%
Avengers Academy 7%
Young Avengers 3%
Avengers Assemble 7%

Im not sure if this has been done but if it get locked oh well lol

#1 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny Avengers is definitely my favorite right now; New Avengers is a close second, but it feels less like the Avengers to me.

That said, I haven't read 'Assemble yet, even though people keep telling me I should.

#2 Edited by CheeseSticks (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

Uncanny Avengers is definitely my favorite right now; New Avengers is a close second, but it feels less like the Avengers to me.

That said, I haven't read 'Assemble yet, even though people keep telling me I should.

That's why it's so good

#3 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: I like it as much as I like any Avengers book, but not for the same reason I like Avengers books necessarily.

#4 Posted by God_Spawn (37313 posts) - - Show Bio

New Avengers has been awesome. Hickman is rocking that book, but I feel his main Avengers book has been a let down. I've tried to force myself to read it a few times, but I just can't enjoy it. And Uncanny Avengers hasn't been very good at all IMO either.

#5 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

New Avengers has been awesome. Hickman is rocking that book, but I feel his main Avengers book has been a let down. I've tried to force myself to read it a few times, but I just can't enjoy it. And Uncanny Avengers hasn't been very good at all IMO either.

yeah. I did like the first few issues, and I actually think the last two (12 and 13) were my favorites; but even it's best issues aren't all that great, and there hasn't been much else I've been all that into. And, after 13 issues, I think I've given it a fair chance.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio

They are all good accept for Avengers Arena & Uncanny Avengers. My favorite among them is New Avengers.

#7 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: what is you don't like about Uncanny Avengers? (Not saying you should, just curious).

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

@vance_astro: what is you don't like about Uncanny Avengers? (Not saying you should, just curious).

It seems pointless. It's not really as bad story wise as Avengers Arena but I feel like i'm only reading it to take scans from it to use for reference material. I don't really get excited for the issues the way I do for the other Avengers titles.

#9 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: fair enough.

I enjoy it a lot, but I do see it as the least contemporary feeling (of the current Avengers books), so I can see why some people might not be as excited by that.

#10 Edited by Farkam (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally started reading Avengers and so far its my fave Avengers comic followed by New Avengers. i want to like Uncanny Avengers again but it's just not doing it for me.

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

The best one is New Avengers.It's just your typical Hickman and he is rocking it.His main Avengers title sucks a lot and when I read the new issues I just get so bored and when to read the fastest way as possible.

#12 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17271 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate.every.single.one.of.them

#13 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny Avengers is my favorite Avengers book, followed by Avengers.

I haven't read 'Assemble yet, even though people keep telling me I should.

As for Assemble, it's pretty much the exact same thing for me. I haven't read it yet, but a lot of people tell me it's pretty good. So I'll eventually check it out.

#14 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: yeah, I decided I'd wait for the Enemy Within crossover (with Captain Marvel) to start, and go from there if I like it.

#15 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Where else am I going to get Black Bolt , Doctor Strange and Namor in one sitting?

#16 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

Me too. I think that'll be the best time to jump on, I hate jumping on in mid-arcs. I think I'll like it, though. It's written by KSD, and I love her work on Captain Marvel.

#17 Edited by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny and Young are the two I most considered picking up after reading the first issues, but I haven't actually followed either. I've read a couple of the standard Avengers and didn't care much either way. I'm reading The Enemy Within so I guess I'll have an opinion on Assemble soon enough.

#18 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: yeah, that's why I figured it would be a good place to start too.

@akbogert: I highly recommend catching up on Uncanny Avengers if you aren't digging the regular series.

#19 Posted by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: the funny thing is that when it comes to Uncanny, people seem to either say it is awesome or terrible. I don't know a lot of folks who are indifferent about it; seems to be pretty divisive. Even folks whose opinions I usually trust conflict on this one, haha.

#20 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@oldnightcrawler: the funny thing is that when it comes to Uncanny, people seem to either say it is awesome or terrible. I don't know a lot of folks who are indifferent about it; seems to be pretty divisive. Even folks whose opinions I usually trust conflict on this one, haha.

yeah..

I thought (maybe I'm mistaken) that you were into the last volume of Uncanny X-force; this series seems to be getting back into and expanding on that Apocalypse mythology, so I thought you might find that interesting. But it does seem to be a very polarizing book, though I really don't understand why. I guess you'll only know if you read it..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.