Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Whats you favorite Avengers book on the shelves right now?

masmason92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Whats you favorite Avengers book on the shelves right now? (29 votes)

Avengers 17%
    New Avengers 41%
    Uncanny Avengers 10%
    Secret Avengers 3%
    Avengers Arena 10%
    Avengers Academy 7%
    Young Avengers 3%
    Avengers Assemble 7%

Im not sure if this has been done but if it get locked oh well lol

• 
    Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Uncanny Avengers is definitely my favorite right now; New Avengers is a close second, but it feels less like the Avengers to me.

That said, I haven't read 'Assemble yet, even though people keep telling me I should.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CheeseSticks

@oldnightcrawler said:

Uncanny Avengers is definitely my favorite right now; New Avengers is a close second, but it feels less like the Avengers to me.

That said, I haven't read 'Assemble yet, even though people keep telling me I should.

That's why it's so good

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: I like it as much as I like any Avengers book, but not for the same reason I like Avengers books necessarily.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4 god_spawn  Moderator

New Avengers has been awesome. Hickman is rocking that book, but I feel his main Avengers book has been a let down. I've tried to force myself to read it a few times, but I just can't enjoy it. And Uncanny Avengers hasn't been very good at all IMO either.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldnightcrawler

New Avengers has been awesome. Hickman is rocking that book, but I feel his main Avengers book has been a let down. I've tried to force myself to read it a few times, but I just can't enjoy it. And Uncanny Avengers hasn't been very good at all IMO either.

yeah. I did like the first few issues, and I actually think the last two (12 and 13) were my favorites; but even it's best issues aren't all that great, and there hasn't been much else I've been all that into. And, after 13 issues, I think I've given it a fair chance.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6 vance_astro  Moderator

They are all good accept for Avengers Arena & Uncanny Avengers. My favorite among them is New Avengers.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: what is you don't like about Uncanny Avengers? (Not saying you should, just curious).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8 vance_astro  Moderator

@oldnightcrawler said:

@vance_astro: what is you don't like about Uncanny Avengers? (Not saying you should, just curious).

It seems pointless. It's not really as bad story wise as Avengers Arena but I feel like i'm only reading it to take scans from it to use for reference material. I don't really get excited for the issues the way I do for the other Avengers titles.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@vance_astro: fair enough.

I enjoy it a lot, but I do see it as the least contemporary feeling (of the current Avengers books), so I can see why some people might not be as excited by that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Finally started reading Avengers and so far its my fave Avengers comic followed by New Avengers. i want to like Uncanny Avengers again but it's just not doing it for me.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The best one is New Avengers.It's just your typical Hickman and he is rocking it.His main Avengers title sucks a lot and when I read the new issues I just get so bored and when to read the fastest way as possible.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Uncanny Avengers is my favorite Avengers book, followed by Avengers.

I haven't read 'Assemble yet, even though people keep telling me I should.

As for Assemble, it's pretty much the exact same thing for me. I haven't read it yet, but a lot of people tell me it's pretty good. So I'll eventually check it out.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982: yeah, I decided I'd wait for the Enemy Within crossover (with Captain Marvel) to start, and go from there if I like it.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where else am I going to get Black Bolt , Doctor Strange and Namor in one sitting?

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By tg1982

@oldnightcrawler:

Me too. I think that'll be the best time to jump on, I hate jumping on in mid-arcs. I think I'll like it, though. It's written by KSD, and I love her work on Captain Marvel.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#17  Edited By akbogert

Uncanny and Young are the two I most considered picking up after reading the first issues, but I haven't actually followed either. I've read a couple of the standard Avengers and didn't care much either way. I'm reading The Enemy Within so I guess I'll have an opinion on Assemble soon enough.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982: yeah, that's why I figured it would be a good place to start too.

@akbogert: I highly recommend catching up on Uncanny Avengers if you aren't digging the regular series.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

@oldnightcrawler: the funny thing is that when it comes to Uncanny, people seem to either say it is awesome or terrible. I don't know a lot of folks who are indifferent about it; seems to be pretty divisive. Even folks whose opinions I usually trust conflict on this one, haha.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

@oldnightcrawler: the funny thing is that when it comes to Uncanny, people seem to either say it is awesome or terrible. I don't know a lot of folks who are indifferent about it; seems to be pretty divisive. Even folks whose opinions I usually trust conflict on this one, haha.

yeah..

I thought (maybe I'm mistaken) that you were into the last volume of Uncanny X-force; this series seems to be getting back into and expanding on that Apocalypse mythology, so I thought you might find that interesting. But it does seem to be a very polarizing book, though I really don't understand why. I guess you'll only know if you read it..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.