Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Whats the better avengers title

masmason92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to know what you guys thin is better, Avengers or Uncanny Avengers? (I hear UA is more of a X-Men book than an avenger, is that true?)

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Uncanny Avengers has been quite mutant focused, but there have been important Avengers elements. It's kind of like an ongoing team-up series.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Uncanny Avengers has been quite mutant focused, but there have been important Avengers elements. It's kind of like an ongoing team-up series.

Which is, after all, what the Avengers really is at it's heart.

There's a lot of mutant related stuff, but not so much it doesn't feel like an Avengers story most of the time. It still focuses on old-school Avengers characters like Cap', Thor, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Wonder-man, the Grim Reaper, the Red Skull, and Kang the Conqueror.

of the two books, I personally think Uncanny Avengers is one of the best Avengers books in years while Hickman's Avengers has failed to interest me at all. Plus Uncanny' is self contained and Hickman's books are constantly engaged in big crossovers and events; I'd say go with Uncanny'.

masmason92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I'm a huge captain America fan is Uncanny better character moments with him?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler: I'm a huge captain America fan is Uncanny better character moments with him?

it's got some good moments for him, but it sort of rotates through the cast from issue to issue.

He was great in the last arc, but he's not around yet in the current one.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GrenadeFlow

New Avengers and Avengers are the best. I like secret avengers too, I lost interest in Mighty Avengers and I thought Uncanny Avengers sucked

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny is good. New Avengers is also good but Cap's not really in it so I'd say Uncanny is your best bet. You have to keep with it though, it gets better as it goes along.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mighty Avengers for me. Feels like an Avengers book without using X-men members or Hickman's high concept and sacrificing character development. Though I could do without the Superman knockoff and Blade.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mighty Avengers for me. Feels like an Avengers book without using X-men members or Hickman's high concept and sacrificing character development. Though I could do without the Superman knockoff and Blade.

wow, there's really just no pleasing you, is there? :p

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Uncanny by a long shot.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: no, what I'm saying is I think Mighty Avengers is great as much because of Blade and Blue Marvel as anything else. They're great characters, distinct from any other Avengers, which is what I like about all of my favorite Avengers.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: no, what I'm saying is I think Mighty Avengers is great as much because of Blade and Blue Marvel as anything else. They're great characters, distinct from any other Avengers, which is what I like about all of my favorite Avengers.

Blade belongs in teams involving mystical aspects (Midnight Suns) or Marvel Knight. As to Blue Marvel he's too identical to Superman same as Hyperion.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Blade belongs in teams involving mystical aspects (Midnight Suns) or Marvel Knight. As to Blue Marvel he's too identical to Superman same as Hyperion.

So, what? should Thor not be on the Avengers because he's a character from mythology and the rest are science fiction characters? Maybe you think the Hulk is too much like Dr.Jekyll? or Quicksilver's too much like the Flash? or Monica Rambeau is too much like The Ray?

For a guy who likes the Avengers so much, I don't get how you don't seem to see the point of them..

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya said:

So, what? should Thor not be on the Avengers because he's a character from mythology and the rest are science fiction characters? Maybe you think the Hulk is too much like Dr.Jekyll? or Quicksilver's too much like the Flash? or Monica Rambeau is too much like The Ray?

For a guy who likes the Avengers so much, I don't get how you don't seem to see the point of them..

I just don't care for Superman knockoffs unless their evil or part of a government like Gladiator. If their straight up heroes they bore me because they can end the threat so quickly with their combined powers of super speed and super strength. I like seeing a team that uses its versatile members powers in combination. Where as in Justice League its the individual member that saves the day.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't care for Superman knockoffs unless their evil or part of a government like Gladiator. If their straight up heroes they bore me because they can end the threat so quickly with their combined powers of super speed and super strength. I like seeing a team that uses its versatile members powers in combination. Where as in Justice League its the individual member that saves the day.

like Blue Marvel did in the latest arc of Mighty Avengers (#7-9)?

because I didn't find that story boring at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.