Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

What would Avengers 2 need to do to beat Avatar?

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ChaosMarvel

As we all know The Avengers did great grossing a ton of money (around 1.5billion I believe) but it didn't beat Avatar.

So just out of curiosity what do guys think Avengers 2 would have to do to dethrone Avatar? This is purely theoretical so anything goes (eg: it doesn't matter that Galactus is owned by Fox). Would it be the addition of a character? Bigger plot? more funding etc..

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CrimsonCake

If spider-man was introduced then it would gross more money but that will most likely not happen.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@CrimsonCake said:

If spider-man was introduced then it would gross more money but that will most likely not happen.

Yep this. introducing Spider-man would nigh guarantee beating Avatar. Its not the only way to do it (adding more characters and good publicity) but definitely the simplest and safest due to Spidey's popularity.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

It also didn't beat Titanic...but it's still better than both of those movies.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By tensor

avatar is in a league of its own .The best movie in 3D nothing even comes close.

Dead_Spider333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dead_Spider333

i think they would need to take the fighting off of earth and do all of it in space. space battles are a very good idea since guardians of the galaxy and thanos might be in it

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@tensor said:

avatar is in a league of its own .The best movie in 3D nothing even comes close.

I will admit the special effects and animation were awesome. You can't take that away from Avatar the GFX guys were extraordinary there but honestly storywise it was average. It was just Pocahontas in space the story and plot were nigh identical.

Galactic_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Galactic_Man

Argh. They can't do much to beat Avatar - Avatar is only at the top for being the first BIG 3D movie... So unless they introduce a new form of 3D or whatever as the next big thing for TV screens, then there's not much ANYONE can do to make it to the top, unfortunately.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

@Strider92 said:

@tensor said:

I will admit the special effects and animation were awesome. You can't take that away from Avatar the GFX guys were extraordinary there but honestly storywise it was average. It was just Pocahontas in space the story and plot were nigh identical.

I feel the exact same way. The story was very predictable, but as far as visuals go, nothing's ever come close.

For the question at hand, introduce Spider-Man (which isn't too far-fetched) and even Wolverine (which will never happen), and you've got the highest grossing film of all time.

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Krissyjump

@Gambit1024 said:

@Strider92 said:

@tensor said:

I feel the exact same way. The story was very predictable, but as far as visuals go, nothing's ever come close.

For the question at hand, introduce Spider-Man (which isn't too far-fetched) and even Wolverine (which will never happen), and you've got the highest grossing film of all time.

I felt that, visually, Prometheus is the most striking and stunning film I've ever seen. That film was absolutely gorgeous to look at.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SandMan_

Have Spider-Man and Wolverine in it

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Gambit1024

@Krissyjump: Prometheus, really? Hm. The most visually striking thing I can recall from that movie was the very beginning. The way they made the planet look with all the nice scenery and waterfalls was fantastic. Everything else, since the majority took place in the ship, was cool, but nothing like Avatar, imo.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Martian

@SandMan_ said:

Have Spider-Man and Wolverine in it

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By BatteredArmor

Use 30 minutes of their screen time explaining why Avatar is overrated

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Krissyjump

@Gambit1024 said:

@Krissyjump: Prometheus, really? Hm. The most visually striking thing I can recall from that movie was the very beginning. The way they made the planet look with all the nice scenery and waterfalls was fantastic. Everything else, since the majority took place in the ship, was cool, but nothing like Avatar, imo.

And even then, it was a gorgeous film to look at. Cinematically it was just breathtaking. Every single shot in that movie was beautiful and artistic. The lighting, scenery, contrast, design, everything was just done so fantastically. It may not have had the strongest story, but it more than makes up for it with the visual presentation.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tg1982

@Krissyjump: Really? It's that good? I'll have to check it out when I get paid. It's on DVD now soon right? I've seen the commercials.

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Krissyjump

@tg1982 said:

@Krissyjump: Really? It's that good? I'll have to check it out when I get paid. It's on DVD now soon right? I've seen the commercials.

The story isn't that strong, and it's got it's fair issues, but it's the most cinematic and visually beautiful film I've seen. I think it comes out on Tuesday ^.^

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tg1982

@Krissyjump: Sweet. I'll try to get it next weekend, when I gets monies. :-)

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrShway88

4 D !

But honestly I never understood how Avatar made so much. It was good and the computer effect were amazing but the story was nothing original. The only reason I saw it was because of word of mouth so just tell everyone its awesome before even seeing it.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Be the Justice League.

oh snap someone say obvious fan-boyism. I'll take it. so bring it. Marvel-boys.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skaddix

Amazing computer effects.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jack Donaghy

First getting the film rights back to Spider-Man and Wolverine and add them to the team and most importantly Marvel buying DC with them doing this "Avengers 2: The Avengers vs The Justice League"

That's about what it would take to top the monster that was Avatar.

tuananhxu99001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tuananhxu99001

the friendly neighbor

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Chaos Burn

yep, Wolverine and/or Spiderman in it would probably top it.

on a side note, anyone else wondering if we'll get any Avengers vs Avengers action? In the first film we had Thor vs IronMan, Hawkeye vs Black Widow, Hulk vs Thor... but now theyre all friends I dont see how they can include any awesome fights, for example IronMan vs Captain America would be cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.