What is exact line up of Avengers up to now on earth 616?

#1 Posted by Xalidin8 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the founders then cap joins and then the Kooky Quartet but between that and Busieks run i got lost and didnt start reading New Avengers till before heroic age. So does anyone feel like helping me connect the dots i'd appreciate it.

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6139 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@xalidin8: up until the 80's the Avengers had mostly the classic line (Cap', Thor, Iron-man, with Wasp, Pym, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Vision coming and going at pretty regular intervals), usually with one or two "new members" like Falcon, She-Hulk, or Monica Rambeau.

The biggest shift happened when Hawkeye and Mockingbird started the West Coast Avengers with Iron-man (Rhodey), Wonder-man, and Tigra. From this point on, this would be the team to feature most of the classic members like Vision, the Pyms, and the Maximovs. In fact, just about every classic Avenger ended up joining this team at one point or another except for Cap' and Thor.

So, the line-up through the "East Coast" Avengers years was basically

Cap', Thor, Captain Marvel, Namor, She-Hulk, Hercules, and The Black Knight

Cap, Thor, Hercules and Black Knight became the backbone of the team and were eventually joined by Sersi, the Vision, Black Widow, and eventually Crystal (by the early 90's).

By '93 (the Avengers 30th anniversary), the West Coast Avengers had disbanned and pretty much all of the classic Avengers returned to the team to be unsuccessfully redesigned and modernized again and again until eventually just letting Busiek write a classic style Avengers book.

#5 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacobsben: C'mon mate, that's completely unnecessary

#6 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt this is what the OP is asking, but I'm going to try to list every member in current titles...

1. Captain America
  2. Iron Man
  3. Thor
  4. Hawkeye
  5. Black Widow
  6. Hulk
  7. Wolverine
  8. Spider-Man
  9. Captain Marvel
  10. Spider-Woman
  11. Falcon
  12. Shang-Chi
  13. Sunspot
  14. Cannonball
  15. Manifold
  16. Smasher
  17. Captain Universe
  18. Hyperion
  19. Abyss
  20. Ex Nihlo
  21. Star Brand
  22. Nightmask
  23. (Uncanny Avengers) Rogue
  24. Sunspot
  25. Wasp
  26. Wonderman
  27. Havok
  28. Scarlet Witch
  29. (AI) Hank Pym
  30. Vision
  31. Victor Mancha
  32. Doombot
  33. Alexis
  34. Monica Chang
  35. (Secret) Mockingbird
  36. Nick Fury Jr.
  37. Quake
  38. Phil Coulson
  39. Taskmaster
  40. (Mighty) Luke Cage
  41. Blue Marvel
  42. Powerman
  43. White Tiger
  44. Monica Rambeau
  45. Ronan
  46. She-Hulk
  47. (Young) Kate Bishop
  48. Loki
  49. Wiccan
  50. Noh-Varr
  51. Hulkling
  52. Miss America
  53. Prodigy

I think that's it. I did not count anyone only appearing in Avenger's Arena or New Avengers since they are not proper Avenger teams.

Notable people missing on active books are Beast, Tigra, Jocasta, Machine Man. I'm sure there are many more.

#7 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's it. I did not count anyone only appearing in Avenger's Arena or New Avengers since they are not proper Avenger teams.

I would say that neither are Secret Avengers or Young Avengers, for that matter.

Even still, damn that's a lot of Avengers. Not counting the four titles above, there's still more than 40. Thanks for putting up this list, by the way, I was actually just wondering this the other day.

I noticed two mistakes, though: 24 should be Sunfire, not Sunspot, and 45 should be Ronin, not Ronan.

#8 Edited by phisigmatau (463 posts) - - Show Bio

the whole friggin marvel universe

which is pathetic

next title: "X-Avengers"

#9 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Shouldn't you be in the X-men forums. You have no place here.

#10 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

the whole friggin marvel universe

which is pathetic

next title: "X-Avengers"

It's called Uncanny Avengers. And it is actually quite good.

#11 Posted by youngwonderman (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: if you don't like the avengers then don't read the avengers forum!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.