Was there a batman joke in the movie?

#1 Posted by OracleX (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Forgive me for causing a storm of questions and racking of brains.

I could have sworn I heard Stark a call someone batman on the helicarrier before the big battle of New York scene. I am fairly certain it was probably "cap" instead of "bat." I couldn't help the fact that I started cracking up every time Stark/Robert Downey Jr. opened his mouth. I have been looking all over online and found know reference to such a quote. But I thought I'd put the question up here anyway.

#2 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@OracleX: I think you misunderstood.

#3 Posted by noj (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Youre certainly not alone, Ive seen several people online, as well as my sister also mentioning something like this but for the life of me I dont know what part couldve been misunderstood as Batman.

#4 Posted by Iamlovewithin500 (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

It was capt i believe.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone on here said something like that yesterday. Was if you, ?

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Someone on here said something like that yesterday. Was if you, ?

Someone said "Batman was mentioned" obviously trolling, and I went with it, but no, no one was actually serious.

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Aunt May said Superman... You can't explain that!

#8 Posted by Maximus26 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclex: There actually is a reference to Batman in the avenger's. Robert Downey Jr says "does anyone not notice Batman playing galactica on the computer? No? Ok" and then about 2 minutes later you see a guy at a computer before the scene where out pans out to the the outside of the heliship where said guy switches the screen to galactica and you hear the galactica music.

#9 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@maximus26 said:

@oraclex:There actually is a reference to Batman in the avenger's. Robert Downey Jr says "does anyone not notice that man playing galactica on the computer? No? Ok" and then about 2 minutes later you see a guy at a computer before the scene where out pans out to the the outside of the heliship where said guy switches the screen to galactica and you hear the galactica music.

#10 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

No Batman is a joke all by himself.

Just kidding....I like Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.