Vin Diesel Teases Possible Role in 'The Avengers 2'

• 79 results
Posted by G-Man (36715 posts) - - Show Bio

We heard a rumor before that Marvel was interested in meeting with Vin Diesel. Speculation arose but there wasn't really any concrete leads. Up until now.

On the actor's Facebook page, he presented the following image:

The caption simply said, "Marvel meeting today... Only the people in the room can tell you what was discussed..."

Now we can once again speculate who he might be. Standing in front of an Avengers poster suggests it's a role for Avengers 2. Is there any significance to this particular image or was it just the only one available? What do you all think? Vision? Hank Pym? (Probably not). Someone else?

#1 Posted by Squalleon (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man.

#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4501 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision

#3 Edited by k4tzm4n (48871 posts) - - Show Bio

He also said he sometimes has tunnel vision with his work.

Tunnel vision.

Vision.

Vision.

VISION.

But really, as @deranged_midget pointed out to me on Twitter, he is standing in front of Hank Pym, too...

Staff
#4 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Absorbing man !!!!!!!!! Lol jp.. I'd sat some random Villain who's supposed to give Hulk a run for his money....,.. Until he gets pissed and squashes him !

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

If he plays Hank Pym I might cry. I like Vin Diesel but he is not right for Hank. At all.

#6 Posted by Ninjashroom (3 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll play Luke Cage, obviously.

#7 Edited by Holuntron (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp

#8 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

He also said he sometimes has tunnel vision with his work.

Tunnel vision.

Vision.

Vision.

VISION.

But really, as @deranged_midget pointed out to me on Twitter, he is standing in front of Hank Pym, too...

this.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33900 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

#10 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos?

#11 Edited by fables87 (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch?

#12 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

It's already been said, but I think he was hinting at playing Vision with the "tunnel vision," comment.

#13 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Vision, please not Vision. Hopefully just a villain. Don't get me wrong, I want Vision to be in Avengers but played by a different actor.

#14 Edited by Lvenger (20720 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not terribly pleased with this. Vin Diesel's acting credentials don't impress me too much.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that he doesn't play Hank.

#16 Posted by nickxfrye (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, God in heaven don't let him play Hank! If he has to be in the movie I would be okay with Vision I suppose but not Hank. Never Hank.

#17 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4848 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he would be a great Vision. They just need to use CGI on his Face so it looks like a actual robot face and not a human face. Again Vision having a iRobot face would be perfect IMO. I think it would be HILARIOUS if he played Luke Cage. I would still trash talk about the idea but I would laugh my 4$$ off if they did that.

Am I the only one that thinks a Bald Wonder Man is kind of weird? Then again he looks AWEsome as Riddick so he can pull it off. Hank Pym, please that's obviously a ruse. I mean a Buff Hank Pym, C'mon son.

What if it is all a Ruse and he won't be in the Avengers 2?

What if he is playing a totally different role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

What about him playing the Executioner?

Or playing Drax?

What if Marvel saw that the fans didn't like Batista?

What if he's playing a new character like a Chitari Super Soldier?

( + )

#18 Posted by DoctorTrips (127 posts) - - Show Bio

It's so obvious, he's going to play the only logical choice for the villain of Avengers 2; the Space Phantom.

#19 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Thanos?

I think it's pretty much set in stone that Benicio Del Toro is going to be Thanos. I'd say probably Vision.

I certainly hope he isn't Hank Pym. In case you may have forgotten, Ant-Man is getting his own movie and you know they're going to use the same actor and I just can't see Vin Diesel as a scientific genius. He's too muscular too. Hank isn't a super buff guy.

#20 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Vision, please not Vision. Hopefully just a villain. Don't get me wrong, I want Vision to be in Avengers but played by a different actor.

@lvenger said:

I'm not terribly pleased with this. Vin Diesel's acting credentials don't impress me too much.

I think Vin Diesel can pull it off. He did another robotic character before with Iron Giant.

#21 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys are crazy, he's Scarlet Witch, duh

#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Mandrewgora (299 posts) - - Show Bio

For the love of god I hope he plays Dom Toretto. I would love if these universes would collide, and Paul Walker would show up and be like "I almost had you, dude."

#24 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

Absorbing Man would be perfect

#25 Edited by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Absorbing man would be good. I am not too happy at the idea of Vision but that seems a legit possibility. My question is about Thanos... so in Avengers they showed Thanos. How are they going to change that image of him by using an actor to fill the role (or do you think they will use the same cgi face over the actor??)?

#26 Posted by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_money_christmas: From what I hear Benicio will be playing the Collector

my guess for Mr.Diesel is Thanos.

#27 Edited by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

NO ONE! Vin Diesel f*ckng sucks at acting.

#28 Edited by sergiobarajas (2 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Grey56 (752 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

He's probably going to be the Space Phantom, if that poster says anything

#31 Posted by jorelliot (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly can't think of a single character he'd be good for.

He'll play Luke Cage, obviously.

I seriously hope not. I know Diesel has described himself as "ethnically ambiguious" and is a person of color, but I don't think he looks anything like Luke Cage. I think Luke Cage needs to be played by an African American.

#32 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor. He could definitely pull off Namor.

#33 Posted by Cgoodness (5140 posts) - - Show Bio

I herd they are looking around for someone to play ironfist, if Diesel can do what Downey Jr did for iron man then I'm all for him as ironfist. Idk though because Marvel has a only alright record with big name actors, Ben Affleck as Daredevil was meh, Snipes as blade was pretty good, Maguire as spiderman was mediocre, Jackman as wolverine was decent, The kid from that 70s show as venom was bad, Nicolas Cage as ghost rider was terrible. But what I'm mostly looking for is Reynolds as Deadpool in the Deadpool movie, usually Reynolds plays a cocky and smart@$$ character so idk how he will fit with Deadpools character.

#34 Posted by Z3RO180 (6618 posts) - - Show Bio

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO vin diesel as hank pump is a massive miscast.

#35 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Thanos?

I think it's pretty much set in stone that Benicio Del Toro is going to be Thanos. I'd say probably Vision.

I certainly hope he isn't Hank Pym. In case you may have forgotten, Ant-Man is getting his own movie and you know they're going to use the same actor and I just can't see Vin Diesel as a scientific genius. He's too muscular too. Hank isn't a super buff guy.

Beneicio is going to play Adam Warlock or something like that. Thanos is still up for grabs.

#36 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Sticking with Mr. Clean joining the avengers

#37 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who suggests T'challa or Luke Cage should slap themselves.

#38 Posted by spidershamrock (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense to him but he can't play the genius persona of hank pym, he is a muscle guy. Vision maybe, wonder man's a good shout or maybe a villian specifically designed for the movie

#39 Posted by Protoflash (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly I think he's teasing hank pym pretty hard. Seeing as he's standing in front of a poster that says "Check out the new giant man!" Given he could be trying to throw us off. And god do I hope he is. If you ask me vin diesel just doesnt belong in the marvel cinematic universe.

#40 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron?

#41 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Please be Vision.

#42 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

He will be Vision.

#43 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3337 posts) - - Show Bio

I really doubt it is Hank Pym (that would be horrible). Vin Diesel playing a genius doesn't seem possible to me.

#44 Posted by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by sora_thekey (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers poster is of Avengers #2. That means he'll appear in Avengers 2.

#46 Posted by RedX17 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, maybe he could be Namor? US Agent? The Hulk?

#47 Posted by HumanRocket (8633 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax or Cage

#48 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3911 posts) - - Show Bio

Sticking with Mr. Clean joining the avengers

lol

#49 Edited by Trodorne (2592 posts) - - Show Bio

PYM! PYM! PYM! PYM! PYM! PYM!

#50 Edited by Scribe24 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

This is all a smoke screen by DC. Vin is really playing Lex Luthor in MoS II....ha!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.