Unlikely Avengers

#1 Posted by TheFool (80 posts) - - Show Bio

So, if you had a chance to assemble the most unlikely group of Avengers, who would you pick and why?

My ideal team would be The Ruthless Avengers, assembled after most of the Earth's heroes were wiped out in an invasion by the Phalanx where the cure (brought to you by the "altruistic" Kree Empire) ended up killing many of the assimilated heroes. Vision, having been destroyed and re-booted in new body built by Tony Stark before the invasion claimed him, tries to put together a team from the remaining supes who he thinks can best form a team with a similar power-base as the fallen Avengers. He chooses..

Taskmaster - an obvious replacement for many of the combat intensive former members like Cap, Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc. He's already memorized their moves from previous encounters and his loyalty is simply a matter of having enough money to purchase it. Vision uses the late Tony Stark's personal slush fund to pay the mercenary to fight on the side of heroes, but the what happens when that money runs out?

Betty Ross - with both Bruce Banner and Thunderbolt Ross being killed by the Phalanx in their human forms, Betty is an obvious choice for Vision's Avengers. Driven by a strong sense of survivor's guilt, she makes up the team's primary heavy, though there is some concern that her reckless urge to throw herself into the fray may push her beyond the point of controlling the great powers she wields.

Spiral - detained by Doctor Strange during the Phalanx Invasion, she's on a type of magical-parole. Vision has promised to grant Spiral her freedom if she acts as the team's link to the arcane and successfully completes a yet to be determined number of missions. Of course, Vision may have forgotten to tell Strange about this agreement. And no one quite knows why she was on Earth during the invasion to begin with...

Beta Ray Bill - the only member of the Ruthless Avengers to volunteer, Beta Ray Bill refused to leave his brother-in-arm's position as Midgard's defender vacant after he fell to the Phalanx. He is the most trusted and most experienced member of the team, willing to follow Vision's lead in order to honor Thor. But his loyalty doesn't mean that he trusts his other less than scrupulous teammates.

Genesis - desperately wanting to prove he's a hero and not the villain everyone assumes he'll be, Evan has accepted Vision's request to join the Avengers. He's an untested hero who's inexperience could prove a problem, but he presents the potential to be one of the greatest Avengers and heroes of all time...if he doesn't succumb to his dark destiny as Apocalypse first.

Cardiac - Elias Wirtham has always tried to be on the right side of justice, though his vigilantism has always strayed more to the extremes of those keeping the peace in masks and capes. He's one of the few remaining enforcers on the streets, protecting to them from an ever-growing number of local threats. He joins the Avengers in hopes of tackling the likes Kingpin and other such organizations, but he may find that his priorities are smaller in scope than what the team hopes to achieve. Can he be a full-fledged Avenger and still protect the common people of the New York City at the same time?

Anyway, sorry if this was TL/DR, but that's what I got. Ideas/comments/criticism? All are welcome.

#2 Posted by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Wasp and Ant-Man.

#3 Posted by Cap10nate (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@leesensei: Now that's just crazy talk. That'd be like Cap, Hawkeye, Wanda, and Pietro comprising the Avengers.

#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Character Avengers;

• Hank Pym
  • Ms Marvel
  • Wasp
  • Stingray
  • Sersi
  • Jocasta
  • Machine Man
#7 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Character Avengers;

• Hank Pym
  • Ms Marvel
  • Wasp
  • Stingray
  • Sersi
  • Jocasta
  • Machine Man
#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Character Avengers;

• Hank Pym
  • Ms Marvel
  • Wasp
  • Stingray
  • Sersi
  • Jocasta
  • Machine Man
#9 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sorry but I just think Cap has to be on any team that calls themselves Avengers.

#10 Posted by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sorry but I just think Cap has to be on any team that calls themselves Avengers.

he's gonna be busy then..

also, what's that team that pulled him out of the river gonna call themselves?

#12 Posted by TheFool (80 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by TheFool (80 posts) - - Show Bio

D'oh. "Retribution." Not "Repetition."

#14 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefool: Loosely Knit New Fangled Retribution Quorum West Coast?

Cap' wouldn't be caught dead in that two-bit operation.

#15 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

I know, it is just that the guy could be called Captain Avenger he seems to be the living embodiment of the Avengers.

#16 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

I know, it is just that the guy could be called Captain Avenger he seems to be the living embodiment of the Avengers.

I see you're point. I don't think a team needs Cap' to be the Avengers; but if Cap's on a team, it's the Avengers.

#17 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

I see you're point. I don't think a team needs Cap' to be the Avengers; but if Cap's on a team, it's the Avengers.

#18 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

#19 Posted by TheFool (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...I got it. Ultron places Cap's brain in Jocasta's body. Watch out, world here comes the Ferocious Freedom Fighting Fembot: Jocapsta!

Also, here comes the weirdest LGBT spin on a character this side of the Comics Authority Code.

#20 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

In a CBR interview AA mention that Marvel has plans for Gambit and he'll be on a team that he's never been on before. Sounds like a new Avenger to me.

#21 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

In a CBR interview AA mention that Marvel has plans for Gambit and he'll be on a team that he's never been on before. Sounds like a new Avenger to me.

Secret Avengers? I think that would be cool..

#22 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

@oldnightcrawler:

That is a very good point!

photo Fistbump.jpg

#23 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4479 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam Warlock would be an unlikely Avenger.

#25 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Machine Man
  2. Captain Marvel
  3. Jocasta
  4. Delroy Garrett Jr. (please give him a new code name)
  5. Crystal
  6. Quasar
#26 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

Hope not we don't need more X-men members on the team. He can stick to the Great Lake Avengers fill in for Squirrel Girl.

#27 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

Secret Avengers? I think that would be cool..

That would fit him. Although it was Rogue who invited Gambit into the Uncanny Avengers team.

Good Character Avengers;

• Hank Pym
  • Ms Marvel
  • Wasp
  • Stingray
  • Sersi
  • Jocasta
  • Machine Man

What happened to Sersi?

#28 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6265 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Good Character Avengers;

• Hank Pym
  • Ms Marvel
  • Wasp
  • Stingray
  • Sersi
  • Jocasta
  • Machine Man

What happened to Sersi?

She's a party planner now.

Is that what you were asking? Sorry if it's not.

#29 Edited by Airmansmith21 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit, agent venom, human torch, skaar, winter soldier... the unlikely avengers

#30 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Machine Man
  2. Captain Marvel
  3. Jocasta
  4. Delroy Garrett Jr. (please give him a new code name)
  5. Crystal
  6. Quasar

#31 Edited by doctor_bong_crosby (98 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Monica Rambeau (-as Photon again- team leader)

2. Justice (second in command)

3. Mantis

4. Delroy Garrett (as Triathlon again)

5. Yellowjacket (Rita DeMara)

6. Doctor Druid (back from the dead)

7. Cybermancer (Suzie Endo)

8. Demolition Man (back from the dead)

#32 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman would be a good contestant for 'unlikely avenger', along with Gambit. Oh and if i had to assemble this team of unlikely avengers, it'll be something like this:

1. Star Lord
  2. Iceman
  3. Gambit
  4. Gamora
  5. Adam Warlock (see where i'm getting at >:D)
  6. Sif
  7. Quentin Quire
  8. Kid Gladiator
  9. Colossus
  10. Idie Okonkwo
#33 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool

Rocket Raccoon

Gamora

Deathlok

Gladiator (Shi'ar)

Nova (Rider)

Shang-Chi

#34 Posted by JROCK72 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were to make a Ruthless Avengers, I would have a team compromising of;

Taskmaster

Scarlet Witch

Puma

Gamora

Agent Venom

Viper

Moonstone

Falcon

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.