Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Uncanny Avengers (Trust Exercise)

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In order for the team to ever get out of their petty arguments I find the only way the can ever work together to prove this so called "alliance" of mutant and super humans with... A TRUST EXERCISE! Post what kind of trust exercise they should go into.

Mine is having one X-men member and Avenger member have theirs hands tied together while the other holds a rusty dagger, whoever cuts their bonds first fails the test and proves that the Uncanny Avengers program is a joke. However should all parties be able to keep their bonds with their partner for five days than the exercise is a success giving a sliver of hope that mutants and super humans can possibly co-exist.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

That sounds good.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is quite literally as simple as stopping with the treatment of the X-Men as if they are off in their own little world, only acknowledging them long enough to either drag someone over to the Avengers team, or attack them, before shunning them once more.

If the Uncanny Avengers sprung to the defense of a mutant being attacked by a mob, especially if it's just a small mutant kid, and jumped to take down mutant bad guys, that'd go a long way towards both sides trusting them.

Also, using the Avengers reputation to endorse Wolverine's school at a press conference, and using some of the Avengers budget to set up similar schools around the world, run by mutants, for mutants. Once those schools are set up, start desegregating the schools: Bring in non-mutant kids into the mutant schools as students. When over hearts and minds of children for the next generation. Make some of their best friends mutants, so when they get older, they'll stick up for them.

Also, imagine a number of futuristic schools like the Jean Grey School scattered around. It'd be pretty amazing for a normal student to attend a place like that. Definitely help win over kids.

... Not much of a trust exercise, but it might help with the mutant-human relations.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4 god_spawn  Moderator

Draw names out of a hat to form an even number of two teams. Have them kill each other and the survivors eat the hearts of the fallen to unify their spirits and gain their warrior spirit. Thus, unifying the two teams at last.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: ah the good old Mayan sacrifice. If you can't work together eat your teammates hearts to become one. it worked out great for Brainiac and Luthor.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: that sounds really good, I'd certainly read it. Course knowing the Marvel editors they'll end this co-existence because they know X-men make the most money when the stories are "they live in a world that hates and fears them!" And every human is unanimous in hating mutants in general. Plus the fact that the majority of the X-men's futures is filled with concentration camps, endangered species, outlaws, and Age of Apocalypse.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@jonsmith said:

It is quite literally as simple as stopping with the treatment of the X-Men as if they are off in their own little world, only acknowledging them long enough to either drag someone over to the Avengers team, or attack them, before shunning them once more.

If the Uncanny Avengers sprung to the defense of a mutant being attacked by a mob, especially if it's just a small mutant kid, and jumped to take down mutant bad guys, that'd go a long way towards both sides trusting them.

Also, using the Avengers reputation to endorse Wolverine's school at a press conference, and using some of the Avengers budget to set up similar schools around the world, run by mutants, for mutants. Once those schools are set up, start desegregating the schools: Bring in non-mutant kids into the mutant schools as students. When over hearts and minds of children for the next generation. Make some of their best friends mutants, so when they get older, they'll stick up for them.

Also, imagine a number of futuristic schools like the Jean Grey School scattered around. It'd be pretty amazing for a normal student to attend a place like that. Definitely help win over kids.

... Not much of a trust exercise, but it might help with the mutant-human relations.

I like these ideas.

One of the things that always bothered me about Avengers Academy was that I thought it was a redundant concept in a world where the X-men already train young superheroes to use their powers. To me, the Avengers are the Earth's mightiest heroes, while the X-men has traditionally been as much about being a school as being a superhero team with their own mission.

so, it seems to me that younger characters who are training should do so at the X-men's school, and the Avengers should be the domain of only the more established characters; and I don't think it should matter if those characters are mutants or not in either case.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.