Uncanny Avengers & Avengers... I have a question

#1 Posted by skyjumpermike (143 posts) - - Show Bio

How does this work in the comic world? and Which one of the groups counts in the bigger scheme of things when there is an event like Age of Ultron? Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only guessing (and kinda hoping), but I think that Havok's team will negate the seeming necessity for events that spill into both X-men and Avengers books. Like, if the Avengers are dealing with something X-men related, they would defer to this team, or if the X-men are dealing with something of, say, Avengers scope, these would be the Avengers that show up.

but, like I say, I'm just guessing.

#3 Posted by TDK_1997 (13737 posts) - - Show Bio

From what we have seen so far the Avengers will be a bigger group that deals with galactic problems which means that when Age of Ultron happens they should be the first that will be called.

#4 Edited by Dernman (14038 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers are the group that handles the  general things and the Uncanny Avengers are a specialty group. 
The New Avengers are the Illuminati that handles things in the background. 
Secret Avengers is like black ops.

#5 Posted by Cap10nate (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

This book was written well over a year ago. It was delayed when they decided to go forward with AVX. Knowing that, I am guessing that it will mostly be Bendis's Avengers at the focus. All the previews we've seen show the standard Avengers and Spider Man and Wolverine.

#6 Posted by War Killer (19508 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers are the main Avengers team, they deal with the day-to-day threats that only they together can tackle. Uncanny Avengers was Cap's way of basically trying to give Mutants a better public image by having an Avengers team comprised of both former Avengers and X-Men. But in the grand scheme of things, such as with this upcoming Age of Ultron storyline, THE Avengers is the team that will be leading the charge and be on the front lines.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.