Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Ultimate Spider-Man Joins the Avengers in Season 3

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Disney has just released information on Season 3 of Ultimate Spider-Man and it looks like the hero will be joining the Avengers, the same team featured on Marvel’s Avengers Assemble cartoon–both airing on Disney XD. Since the launch of Ultimate Spider-Man, Marvel has been doing a fantastic job on their animated universe, possibly even better than DC, who can’t seem to get a non-Batman related series to run for longer than 2 seasons.

While Ultimate Spider-Man is quirky and seems to divide fans, much like Batman: The Brave and the Bold did, it’s a show that my kids and I love watching together. It continually features new Marvel characters and every episode is FUN! Although I miss the interconnected story line in Season 2, it has featured some amazing guests. Most recently the Guardians of the Galaxy shared the spotlight with Spider-Man and if my 5-year-old is any indication he is ready for Groot in the 2014 Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Here are the full details from Disney XD:

Disney XD orders a third season of its #1 animated series “Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man,” it was announced today by David Levine, Vice President and General Manager, Disney XD Worldwide, and Jeph Loeb, Executive Vice President and Head of Marvel Television. The series follows the thrilling adventures of Spider-Man and four other teen heroes who join S.H.I.E.L.D.’s exclusive training program to become the ultimate super heroes.

In season three of the smash hit, Spidey joins Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk when he answers the call to become an Avenger, taking him one step closer to achieving his goal of becoming the Ultimate Spider-Man. As the webcrawler encounters threats of new lethal villains, he enlists S.H.I.E.L.D.’s help and fights alongside additional young heroes in the Marvel Universe to face off against evil in the most wild, action-packed season yet.

Levine said, “Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man has struck a chord with our audience, boys and girls alike, who are transported weekly to another world where they dare to be heroes. We are excited to deliver another season of Spidey’s thrilling feats and more of Marvel Universe to fans everywhere.”

“This season kicks off with our biggest adventure yet as Ultimate Spider-Man joins Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the Hulk from ‘Marvel’s Avengers Assemble,’” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “We’re making the Marvel Universe even more awesome with the introductions of Cloak & Dagger, Amadeus Cho, Ka-Zar and the animated debut of Agent Venom!”

source

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

There are many, many other characters who should be in/on the Avengers roster instead of or at least before Spider-Man.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

There are many, many other characters who should be in/on the Avengers roster instead of or at least before Spider-Man.

They don't have a hit tv show though

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

I was just to type this.
    Ultimate is doing good,Assemble not so much,so shove Spider-Man in in Assemble maybe both shows will smash.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HaveAtThee

Marvel's animated shows are terrible. Earth's Mightiest Heroes was great and it was canned unfortunately.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG AGENT VENOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG AGENT VENOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ULTIMATE....Agent Venom.....you don't know what kind of crap we will recieve....

Marvel's animated shows are terrible. Earth's Mightiest Heroes was great and it was canned unfortunately.

EMH,Spec Spidey.......Marvel's animation was doing great...quality-wise.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@crackdown said:

@powerherc said:

I was just to type this.

Ultimate is doing good,Assemble not so much,so shove Spider-Man in in Assemble maybe both shows will smash.

Already having a hit show is exactly why Spider-Man shouldn't be included in Assemble - he's already doing fine, he doesn't need the added (over-) exposure and not having him on the team leaves room for another character to be marketed/developed.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigtewell

ultimate spiderman has actually done a good job with a lot of characters i.e guardians of the galaxy, norman osborn, i personally like their venom better than the actual ultimate venom, kraven was good, for a kids show deadpool was good, wolverines been good, and theres more.

even tho actual spidey got screwed doesnt mean other characters will too

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@crackdown said:

@powerherc said:

I was just to type this.

Already having a hit show is exactly why Spider-Man shouldn't be included in Assemble - he's already doing fine, he doesn't need the added (over-) exposure and not having him on the team leaves room for another character to be marketed/developed.

That's Marvel's poilicy.Looka t the Avengers.The film made lots of monye cuz it was freaking awesome,and Whedon is a genious,nobody doubts that......but then EVERYONE from the Avengers got remade in comics AND animation to LOOK and ACT just like the character's from the movie.....Tony was a wise-ass,but with filter....he's a 40 yr old ma,he must be serious most of the time.After the Avengers?....he has a Spider-Man level of wise-crackery....he's basically RDJ....same goes for Hawkeye,who compeletely lost his costume and got the Avengers one,Cap lost the wings,and Thor lost the helmet......Hell.....even black Futy and Coulson were inplanted into the comics!!....i didn't mind Coulson(much),i don't particullarly like the character,but removing the classic Nick Fury for the sake of S.L.Jackson?!.....really?!!....

So,if Spider-Man is making good numbers,let's shove im in the Avengers show.Because it doesn't matter how many money Iron Man makes on screen,Spider-Man's show is a hit,Spider-Man's comics sell good(accually Iron Man doesn't sell good at all) and in addition,"Amazing Spider-Man 2" will probably make a fortune......so yeah....they didn't even think it twise,of cource Spider-Man will be an Avenger.......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.