Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Trying to expand my Avengers collection

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
    Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Avengers_4everXX

So, I am a relatively young comic book reader. I only started reading around, say, 2008. What I have known from the start, however, is that the Avengers is my favorite team in comics. I love everything about it. Unfortunately, I jumped in during Bendis's run, which I am not a fan of, but we aren't going to talk about that. I've always really loved the idea of the old school Avengers, and the way things used to be back during the first volume in the 70's and 80's, even though I haven't read much of it. I've read a lot of articles about the time period and the stories that came out of it, so largely I know what happened, but I want to physically experience it. So I've been collecting Avengers trades for the past few years. Currently I have all five volumes of Kurt Busiek's run, which I absolutely loved. I also have the first Masterworks volume, which collects the first ten issues of the original series, and I have the Korvac Saga, which I also loved. My problem now is, I don't know what to get next- do I go after the big stroylines that everyone says are must reads? Or do I start getting the masterworks collections and keep reading from the beginning to watch it all unfold? I've narrowed down what I want next to three options. The two big storylines I am most anxious to read are the Kree/Skrull War and the Celestial Madonna saga, both of which have been collected in trade and in the Masterwork collections. The other option I was considering was getting Avengers Masterworks volume 6, which is when two of my favorite Avengers, the Black Panther and the Vision, first show up, and it is the first appearance of Ultron.

So, any thoughts and/or advice?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.