This Isn't Ex Nihilo, Right?

#1 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Everyone.

I thought that Avengers #17 had Ex Nihilo on the cover, but I've just realised that he's not.

This appears to be a female of his species. Note what looks like breasts, a different symbol on the chest, a different coloured eye, antlers rather than horns, etc.

Does anyone know who this is? There was no mention of her in this issue, and I don't recall any mention in the rest of the series.

Scarlotte.

#2 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's the marvel now version :D

Lol nvm but it could be that he recreated someone who was destroyed?

#3 Posted by cameron83 (7290 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Everyone.

I thought that Avengers #17 had Ex Nihilo on the cover, but I've just realised that he's not.

This appears to be a female of his species. Note what looks like breasts, a different symbol on the chest, a different coloured eye, antlers rather than horns, etc.

Does anyone know who this is? There was no mention of her in this issue, and I don't recall any mention in the rest of the series.

Scarlotte.

perhaps she's a member of "The Builders"...whoever that is. Because in a recent issue of Avengers,there was another Aleph robot (as shown in the flashback within the first 3 issues).

Well...Idk. Just a shot in the dark

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be possible. Seems weird to put them on the cover without explaining that though.

perhaps she's a member of "The Builders"...whoever that is. Because in a recent issue of Avengers,there was another Aleph robot (as shown in the flashback within the first 3 issues).

Hmm. I suppose another Aleph could mean that there are other versions of the others.

#5 Edited by cameron83 (7290 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

Could be possible. Seems weird to put them on the cover without explaining that though.

@cameron83 said:

Hmm. I suppose another Aleph could mean that there are other versions of the others.

Hm. Now that I thought of it,maybe she and other members of her race (or "The builders"...whoever) are trying to "evolve" other worlds...or something like that. Although IDK what that would have to do with Thanos. I am really sorry,I am absolutely no help here XD

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

antler bewbs. sold

#7 Posted by Oscars94 (2507 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved issue #17! Captain Universe tells the Avengers to get bigger showing Manifold a Red Planet and a Yellow Sun. The Avengers then go to Mars and recruit Ex Nihilo and Abyss. Starbrand and Nightmask then join them too. Thanos is in for the fight of his life!

#8 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It's his hot sister:

SEX Nihilo.

Ha. Ok, I kid. I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.

#9 Edited by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

It's his hot sister:

SEX Nihilo.

Ha. Ok, I kid. I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.

That was actually... not bad... well done. That was a good one

#10 Posted by Oscars94 (2507 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by TheGodofThunder (598 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the symbol is the same, just that the chest is different.

#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, so there's actually a few of them:

#15 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: I know the idea is to intercept the builders, but I hope the Avengers don't fight them in space. Superhero space combat is always iffy to me. Find some alien terrain somewhere and duke it out. I guess Mars would make sense.

#16 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: That could be for the best. I'm not sure how many of the team would be much good in space.

#17 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember, in the first arc, when Ex Nihilo is explaining his origin? Each Aleph carries two seeds, an EX Nihilo seed and an Abyss seed. However, he said that no two are alike, explaining why the ones on the covers look different.

#18 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

@maddpanda531: I didn't get round to re-reading the early issues since I posted this, but that makes sense. Especially as we see that there are a good few of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.