The Uncanny Avengers are.

• 72 results
#1 Posted by Dernman (14049 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder is Rogue going to leave the school? Was hoping they would stop doing the multiple teams thing. Why oh why does Havok have to go back to that terrible costume? Weird they would show Havok's new/old costume but not Captain America's or Thor.
#2 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the lineup Marvel has solicited for UA, I really was hoping for more details on all the teams. Guess they are trying to keep the focus off DC by dribbling out the details.

#3 Posted by Dernman (14049 posts) - - Show Bio
@jsphsmth:  ya seems like

Uncanny Avengers  It is an Avengers title, but it is an Avengers title that has one foot in each of those worlds. They're as likely to be fighting Apocalypse as the Red Skull.  — getting to see some characters and some relationships and some things that we really haven't seen, or haven't seen in a million years 

In AvX #1 , on the beach, Captain America and Cyclops have a fairly frank discussion about the fact that whenever the X-Men seem to be going through hard times, the Avengers are nowhere to be seen. Cap's point of view was, we were respecting you, and we were staying out of your way, and we were letting you deal with the stuff you had to deal with, and we were always there to lend a hand. But by the end of AvX , and the things that happen during the course of it, and the place we're at, his point of view on that has somewhat changed. He realizes, for good or ill, "Maybe there's more we could do." And this is something, honestly, the fans talk about all the time, too. "Where do the Avengers allow there to be such mutant hatred? Why don't they come out and take a stand, and lend their weight to the cause?" So Uncanny Avengers  is really all about that. The Avengers, and their point of view, and the things that they've learned and experienced, changing their outlook, and finding a way to try to reach across the aisle, and to embrace the mutant side of the Marvel Universe in a meaningful way. Whether that'll be successful or unsuccessful, if nothing else, there will be a lot of things blowing up, and being thrown at once another, and zap bolts will fly. 

It's info like this that we pretty much already know. Same for info giving out on the other teams. With is still being aways off they most likely want to keep you on the hook for as long as they can
#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11760 posts) - - Show Bio

Art sucks but YAY Rogue is gonna be an Avenger!!!!!

#5 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping for something more street-level if this is replacing Secret Avengers and/or Uncanny X-Force. Regardless, if this is the core of the team, I am impressed. Red Skull is in for some trouble.

#6 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Its got Rogue so I'll buy it. They all look awful though.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12309 posts) - - Show Bio

and Wolverine is on another team....

#8 Posted by The_Tree (6438 posts) - - Show Bio

This roster looks pitiful. I like Remender, but I won't be buying this.

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a chance. I'm a fan of Cassaday (although this cover's not his best work).

#10 Posted by stu (375 posts) - - Show Bio

i love that Havok is there but that costume...arrrhhh. And why the fu*k is wolverine with the team????

#11 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

FYI, Havok is the leader of the team.

#12 Posted by mtrakos (533 posts) - - Show Bio

a lot to be desired in the art. love that havok is getting some mainstream attention. Does every team have to be called the Avengers? And does every team have Wolverine on its roster?

#13 Posted by Dernman (14049 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is more like the leader with Havok being his second. 

Wolverine is on the team because he is an Avenger and X-Man so it's logical. Not to mention that he is on every team. The question is why he isn't on GotG and Anihilators.

#14 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtrakos: So true. Why can't they think of some new team names? I guess the Avengers name sells just like if you put an X- before it.

#15 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. I'm liking Marvel NOW.

#16 Posted by X35 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers side = good.

X-Men side = embarrassing.

#17 Posted by webofthornns (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than Wolverine, I like the line-up, was hoping for a couple of more members though (a resurrected Wasp and Nightcrawler would have made my day)

#18 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it. Now I'm excited.

#19 Posted by sithfrog (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

Rogue and Havok should prove interesting. And Wanda could be a wild card. If Cap and Thor are on this team, will they not be in the "Avengers" book I wonder? Goodness knows Wovie will.

Glad they didn't name it the X-Vengers or something like that, but I agree that the art is not exactly what I would put out to try and hook readers.

#20 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks a bit..

#21 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCommissar said:

Damn it. Now I'm excited.

Me too man, me too.

#22 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Captain America is more like the leader with Havok being his second. Wolverine is on the team because he is an Avenger and X-Man so it's logical. Not to mention that he is on every team. The question is why he isn't on GotG and Anihilators.

EW article says Havok is the leader. http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/07/05/uncanny-avengers-marvel-first-look/

That’s especially true of Havok, the brother of Cyclops, who will be the team’s leader. “He is put in a very difficult situation,” says Remender. “Havok’s always been the black sheep rock-and-roller of the Summers family. He can’t do that anymore. You’re going to see Havok become one of the biggest players in the Marvel Universe.”

#23 Edited by Dernman (14049 posts) - - Show Bio
Tom Brevoort  at Marvel Said

The new Skull will also possess a new set of powers obtained in a very creepy way, as well as his own team of foot soldiers, people whose lives were shattered by mutants who’ve been rebuilt at a genetic level to turn them into what we’ve jokingly been calling the Skull’s “S-Men.”

There will also be a funeral in the first issue. 

It wasn't stated as fact but it was also suggested the the guy we see with the X mark on his face isn't Cyclops. I know that isn't Uncanny Avengers news but I threw that in there for the hell of it.
#24 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

20 bucks says there's an ongoing series entitled "Wolverine Corps" by 2015

#25 Edited by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue looks stupid. Havok, too.

#26 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.....

#27 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

At least Thor doesn't have pointless swords that he doesn't need since he has one of the most powerful weapons in the Marvel Universe. Though I have to say comic book bearded Thor doesn't look as good as Chris Hemsworth's bearded Thor.

#28 Posted by Loki9876 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

There are too much mutants.

#29 Posted by ripcurl (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I wonder is Rogue going to leave the school? Was hoping they would stop doing the multiple teams thing. Why oh why does Havok have to go back to that terrible costume? Weird they would show Havok's new/old costume but not Captain America's or Thor.

Why would Rogue have to leave the school? Logan's the headmaster, and he's been an Avenger literally the whole time.

#30 Posted by Dernman (14049 posts) - - Show Bio
@ripcurl said:

@Dernman said:

Why would Rogue have to leave the school? Logan's the headmaster, and he's been an Avenger literally the whole time.

I was kinda hopin Marvel would do away with the stupid multiple teams thing
#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (13740 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeahh...the line-up sucks.

#32 Posted by ripcurl (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:

Multiple X teams? Or Avengers? Or both?

#33 Edited by Dernman (14049 posts) - - Show Bio
@ripcurl: Both it should be one team for a person person.  

Grr edits
#34 Posted by ripcurl (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:

I'm with you on the X team, but I think the Avengers have too many marquee names to fit on one team.

#35 Posted by Dernman (14049 posts) - - Show Bio
@ripcurl: That's why you split them up to affiliate teams or have your core roster of Avengers rotate the extras in and out.
#36 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27710 posts) - - Show Bio

Why avengers?

#37 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAntiReVamp said:

Art looks a bit..

off?

#38 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Great - thanks Avengers film (I loved it), now artists are just gonna re-create your movies line up of characters in the comics including their costumes...

#39 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

ugliest scarlet witch costume EVAR!

#40 Posted by War Killer (19521 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...not really excited for this book.

#41 Posted by Spidey_Guy1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice line up. I guess all is forgiven as far as the Scarlet Witch goes. Progress is good.

#42 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure Cap and Logan are on this team for the long haul. And RR says Wolvie has "changed"...So Rogue being the Wolverine is not as much off.

#44 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone can pull it off Remender can.

#45 Posted by cattlebattle (12309 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

20 bucks says there's an ongoing series entitled "Wolverine Corps" by 2015

2015?? I wouldn't doubt there is one by the end of this year.
#46 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

Better than the pink body stocking.

#47 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@DH69 said:

Word. I despise that thing.

One of the worst costumes ever created in comics, outside the purposely ridiculous.

#48 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Mercy_ said:

@DH69 said:

Word. I despise that thing.

One of the worst costumes ever created in comics, outside the purposely ridiculous.

High-five!

#49 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

High-five!

#50 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't havok keep his current costume?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.