Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

"The scene where Black Widow commandeers a Chitauri craft"

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VampireSelektor

Can some explain to me how Black Widow took over the Chitauri piloting the aircraft by jabbing needles into its shoulder blades? I have a hard time believing S.H.I.E.L.D. briefed its agents on Skrull biology. That is unless Hawkeye knew...

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

From how it looked, she appeared to have placed her knifes into the back of it's arms, below the shoulders or so, allowing her more or less the ability to control it in the direction she wanted, not completely controlling it though but enough to get her where she wanted. Not really that hard to believe honestly, at least to me it wasn't.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

All the Chitauri hoverbikes did was go and shoot anyway, so it's not unbelievable that she did something equivalent to paralyzing it's arms so it couldn't stop, and she just moved it to influence the steering.

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VampireSelektor

@War Killer: @Uncanny_Doom:

Both of you make valid points, but how likely was it that the Chitauri fists would stay clenched around the control handles?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Kallarkz

Yeah that stuff only happens in movies

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @VampireSelektor said:

@War Killer: @Uncanny_Doom:

Both of you make valid points, but how likely was it that the Chitauri fists would stay clenched around the control handles?

Does it matter? That's like asking how likely is it of an alien invasion attacking New York City, it's not real but that doesn't mean you let it ruin the movie for you. You have people flying around in suits of armor, a super-soldier who's been frozen in ice for over 70 years and still looks like he's in his 20's, and a god from another dimension; none of this is honestly likely or logical and some things you're just going to have to take in as what they are even if you feel it's unlikely it would really happen the way it did. The fact is that this is all fiction, to bring logic into something illogical would simply ruin the experience for you.

Just enjoy the movie for what it is, I know somethings seem impossible but that's the point, superheroes do the impossible which is why they're superheroes.
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VampireSelektor

@War Killer: I suppose so.

RyDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RyDub

@VampireSelektor: Guy fighting in a flying suit of armor a 90 year old man who survived perfectly preserved snow and ice, a scientist who thanks to gama radiation can turn into a giant green monster, and your question is about Black widow jamming blades into an aliens arm and simply pushing on his arms to make him go left or right is the one thing you questioned? Is some one trolling here?

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VampireSelektor

@RyDub: :) Don't get crass, ComicViner. The greater the fantasy, the less it's questioned. The Chitauri I remember from the Ultimates were more likely to risk their lives rather than allow a enemy victory, as in merely let go of the controls and kill the clever spy jabbing he/she with needles. But a little faith doesn't hurt, I guess.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @VampireSelektor said:

@RyDub: :) Don't get crass, ComicViner. The greater the fantasy, the less it's questioned. The Chitauri I remember from the Ultimates were more likely to risk their lives rather than allow a enemy victory, as in merely let go of the controls and kill the clever spy jabbing he/she with needles. But a little faith doesn't hurt, I guess.

The Chitauri in The Avengers and the ones in the Ultimates are very different when compared. One is a race of shape-shifting terrorist who were bent on destroying the Earth while the other is simply an army of powerful alien warriors who wanted the Comic Cube (or whatever they called it in the movie).
    RyDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RyDub

@VampireSelektor: Seen it again today, after paying close attention they aren't controlling the flying craft with their hands it is connected to their shoulders and chest which makes the whole hands clenched or not invalid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.