Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

The origin of the avengers: comic version vs. movie version?

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vandinejd_1991

I'm just wondering which version of the origin of the Avengers do you think is better?

1)Comic: The avengers come together to fight Hulk at first after he causes destruction of a railroad and then they fight Loki (not really) once Thor figures out the culprit

2)Movie: Nick fury recruiting various heroes to fight Loki who has lead an alien army to Earth.

If you ask me the comic version is dumb because thor could have handled hulk and then loki on his own without the help of iron man, wasp, or ant-man. The movie version is totally awesome!!!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

the movie version was extremely similar to the Ultimates version

Also...back in those days, Hulk and Thor didn't have the ridiculous levels of power and strength they possess now

Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Airstrike

I like the comic version better but I am a traditionalist.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@cattlebattle said:

the movie version was extremely similar to the Ultimates version Also...back in those days, Hulk and Thor didn't have the ridiculous levels of power and strength they possess now
    Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@cattlebattle said:

the movie version was extremely similar to the Ultimates version Also...back in those days, Hulk and Thor didn't have the ridiculous levels of power and strength they possess now

You ain't lying. Back in those day's Ka-zar Koe'd Spidey, Hulk was nearly beaten by a demons hellfire, (When now he can survive being Zapped by Thor, and survive explosions that destroy entire cities. Oh, and Thano's was hauled off to Jail by the boys in blue. lol

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Movie version, it was a mixture of the Ultimates origin and the Avengers origin. Giving that Loki was the main villain (just like in the Avengers origin) but was also leading an alien invasion (which is what happened in the Ultimates origin).

Personally I've always hated the Avengers original origin story...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    @War Killer said:
    Movie version, it was a mixture of the Ultimates origin and the Avengers origin. Giving that Loki was the main villain (just like in the Avengers origin) but was also leading an alien invasion (which is what happened in the Ultimates origin).  Personally I've always hated the Avengers original origin story...
    Their original origin was adapted in the Ultimates also. It was just a more updated, "realistic" version of it
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @cattlebattle said:
    @War Killer said:
    Movie version, it was a mixture of the Ultimates origin and the Avengers origin. Giving that Loki was the main villain (just like in the Avengers origin) but was also leading an alien invasion (which is what happened in the Ultimates origin).  Personally I've always hated the Avengers original origin story...
    Their original origin was adapted in the Ultimates also. It was just a more updated, "realistic" version of it
    Except Loki was never involved and instead the Hulk was the main villain, where in the original origin he was just being manipulated but then joined the rest of the heroes to stop Loki.

But honestly the original origin isn't really that much of an origin for the Avengers as while it was how the team formed, in reality Thor probably could have handled Loki on his own, even just making it a team-up with Hulk. There wasn't really any need for Iron Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp. So it doesn't really go with the whole "to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand alone" that is what the Avengers are for.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
    @War Killer said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    @War Killer said:
    Except Loki was never involved and instead the Hulk was the main villain, where in the original origin he was just being manipulated but then joined the rest of the heroes to stop Loki.  But honestly the original origin isn't really that much of an origin for the Avengers as while it was how the team formed, in reality Thor probably could have handled Loki on his own, even just making it a team-up with Hulk. There wasn't really any need for Iron Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp. So it doesn't really go with the whole "to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand alone" that is what the Avengers are for.
    True, although back in the day.....as stated on this thread, they weren't that strong as they are these days, Hulk was enough of a problem for Thor, and Iron Man and Wasp weren't powerhouses at all.....so, it was kind of logical that he might need assistance. There was a controlled Hulk, Loki, and a civilians to worry about.

I honestly think out of all the origin variations the New Avengers/Avengers cartoon one was the best...the prison break specifically, and Graviton. The alien invasion ordeal I feel is something better suited for the Justice League as almost all of their origins deal with aliens invading, in other words, I feel its over done and the Loki controlling Hulk  origin is a bit outdated, especially when the Hulk has fluctuating allegiances and power levels all the time.... I mean, wouldn't he fight the Avengers without being mind controlled
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @cattlebattle said:
    @War Killer said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    @War Killer said:
    Except Loki was never involved and instead the Hulk was the main villain, where in the original origin he was just being manipulated but then joined the rest of the heroes to stop Loki.  But honestly the original origin isn't really that much of an origin for the Avengers as while it was how the team formed, in reality Thor probably could have handled Loki on his own, even just making it a team-up with Hulk. There wasn't really any need for Iron Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp. So it doesn't really go with the whole "to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand alone" that is what the Avengers are for.
    True, although back in the day.....as stated on this thread, they weren't that strong as they are these days, Hulk was enough of a problem for Thor, and Iron Man and Wasp weren't powerhouses at all.....so, it was kind of logical that he might need assistance. There was a controlled Hulk, Loki, and a civilians to worry about.  I honestly think out of all the origin variations the New Avengers/Avengers cartoon one was the best...the prison break specifically, and Graviton. The alien invasion ordeal I feel is something better suited for the Justice League as almost all of their origins deal with aliens invading, in other words, I feel its over done and the Loki controlling Hulk  origin is a bit outdated, especially when the Hulk has fluctuating allegiances and power levels all the time.... I mean, wouldn't he fight the Avengers without being mind controlled
    True, but Thor could have most likely broken Loki's control over Hulk and the two of them team-up up to stop Loki, without the need of Iron Man, Ant-Man and Wasp.

Agreed, and I like how they revealed that it was all planned by Loki in the end. But I think the Ultimates made the most sense, with S.H.I.E.L.D. wanting a special task force to deal with the various super-human threats that were suddenly popping up at the time. And it would make sense as the Fantastic Four are more of explorers and scientist and the X-Men being Mutants and the fact they wouldn't work for S.H.I.E.L.D. anyways, so having a group of various superheroes such as Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Cap, etc. would make much more sense.

I really think it's about time Marvel updated the original Avengers origin, but I'm curious on how that would work now.
    Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Enosisik

"wouldn't he fight the Avengers without being mind controlled" yes but it was a double trick. He was just making Hulk go off so that the Avengers would attack Hulk and then Hulk would in turn attack them. It's one of them things where everyone is wrong and right at the same time depending on the perspective which is why it was such a ingenius plot. :if it had worked:.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By tg1982

I liked both versions, but the Comics, I think are my #1 favorite.

EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By EnigmaDope

Good ol' comics. Enough said.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.