The next Avenger recruits.

#1 Edited by Teerack (7370 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you think are the next people that should become Avengers?

I think

Invisible Woman

Black Cat

Songbird

Misty Knight

MACH-V

Darkhawk

Quasar

#2 Edited by waezi2 (8303 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulkling

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Songbird ascend to Avengership, and Darkhawk would definitely add to the whole 'cosmic vibe' the team has. There's some people theorizing that the New Universe guys will eventually join the team though - Nightmask and Starbrand and possibly more.

#4 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish the Fantastic Four would go back to those uniforms.

Valkyrie and/or Misty Knight would be cool and might spark more interest in Fearless Defenders.

#5 Edited by Teerack (7370 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: Valkyrie is already an Avenger. I know she's not on a team right now, but she is still an Avenger.

And I agree about the FF uniforms. The new ones are just crappier version of their current ones. If they really wanted to change it they should have changed the the chest/back symbols into 4, but left the rest the same. I especially hate Ben's because they not only took away his shirt, but they stole his shoes! D:

#6 Edited by Teerack (7370 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake said:

I wish the Fantastic Four would go back to those uniforms.

Valkyrie and/or Misty Knight would be cool and might spark more interest in Fearless Defenders.

Yeah the same with Quasar. I always found it bizarre that they would trust Quasar to use the Ultimate Nullifier in the Infinity War when the stakes were as high as possible, but they would never approach him to join the Avengers. Plus he's like on par with with character like Beta Ray Bill when it comes to power.

#7 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really think the Avengers need more members but of the list presented I think Songbird could be interesting. The thing with the Avengers, as they are currently structured they
have enough members already and I think some effort should be made to utilizing what they have before trying to add more.

#8 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4891 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I love the idea of the Black Cat being on the Avengers! She's always been a favorite of mine.

I kind of like the idea of all of the FF being Avengers, even if it's just as reserves; but of all of them, I do think Sue is the one that would interest me the most. She doesn't get as much attention outside of the FF as the others, and given that she's one of the original Marvel superheroes, I've always thought that was a shame.

As has been pointed out before, Songbird and Mach 5 are way overdue.

For characters I'd be pretty interested in seeing join the team, I think I'd say M and/or Northstar.

#10 Posted by Ren_ (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think being an Avenger really means anything special at this point.

#11 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3602 posts) - - Show Bio

@ren_ said:

lol...I agree with this comical yet accurate point

#12 Edited by Teerack (7370 posts) - - Show Bio

@ren_ said:

Sure it does other then the FF if you're not an Avenger Marvel doesn't give a crap about you :P

I'd love to see A-Bomb become an Avenger.(Preferably in Uncanny Avengers)

#13 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I'd like to see Songbird ascend to Avengership, and Darkhawk would definitely add to the whole 'cosmic vibe' the team has. There's some people theorizing that the New Universe guys will eventually join the team though - Nightmask and Starbrand and possibly more.

I agree with this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.