The new Avengers cartoon kinda sucks

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HumanX (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw an episode of the new Avengers series and wasn't impressed. Is there an upside I should be looking for or is it all downhill?

#2 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

what didn't you like about it?

#3 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

depends if you like the style or not.

#4 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been loving it. It and Young Justice have renewed my hope.
#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually rather good. Strong characterization, pretty good storylines and imesho a solid art style.

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it goes on for years so they can keep adding characters over the years. I mean keep the main ones for the most part but switch them out a bit with the Maximoff twins, Vision, Black Knight, Tigra, Beast and such.
#8 Posted by bgibs13390 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I am loving it. I watch it and Young Justice every week. 

#9 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets go through the stereotypical points.

Storyline - Solid, engaging and a brilliant use of Avenger lore, that is adapted into animation. 
Characterization - Again, brilliantly done and well defined. 
Cast - Diverse, and intruiging. Constantly expanding
Art - Very stylized. Not as pretty as say, Young Justice or JLU. But still, entertaining to look at, and it does the job. 

Overall, in my opinion, its a winner. Your mileage may vary....

#10 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

it's not bad. It has a nice theme song, but i don't like Tony Stark's  voice and the animation isn't that great. Young Justice is way better right now. it has better animation and action.

#11 Posted by SC (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

I am easy to impress, so bear that in mind, but if there were a way for me to marry this cartoon without breaking the law, or having people look down on me and mock me, I so totally would. I appreciate how they don't let Janet or Pym get lost into the background. I have some criticisms, but overall, its better than I expected. 

Moderator Online
#12 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it!

#13 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Serious? Explain yourself!!!

#14 Edited by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it i just hate how underated thor is
#15 Posted by SC (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@jayskee said:
" i like it i just hate how underated thor is "

I sort of agree here, but understand given the cartoon nature of it and team balance. Episode from like two weeks ago was freaking awesome though for Thor. (at least I thought so)
Moderator Online
#16 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (588 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the series. It has so many familiar elements from the comics, yet thrown into a new and exciting mix.

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... The reason why some people might not like it is because all the stories and the approach to it are kind of Silver Age-y. And, ya know, that's not for everyone.

#18 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the best marvel cartoons in years IMO

#19 Posted by Manchine (3983 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought it was rather good.  Its #2 in my top cartoons right now.
#20 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Avengers: EMH, while it's no Young Justice or JLU it is Marvel's best cartoon.

#21 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rate the show 6.9 out of 10 at least......................... I like it
#22 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" I am easy to impress, so bear that in mind, but if there were a way for me to marry this cartoon without breaking the law, or having people look down on me and mock me, I so totally would. I appreciate how they don't let Janet or Pym get lost into the background. I have some criticisms, but overall, its better than I expected.  "
Nah, unless you're Japanese you can't marry cartoon character and even than people will still mock you.
#23 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the cartoon! It, along with Young Justice, is one of my favorite TV shows right now. I love the whole team, the character interactions, the different plots. It's exactly how the Avengers should be! ^_^

#24 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be better, but I like it.  I do hope it improves, though.
#25 Posted by SC (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yumulu: ?!?!? Thats why I said and lol
Moderator Online
#26 Posted by The Impersonator (5043 posts) - - Show Bio

i haven't watched the new Avengers series yet but it looks pretty good and could be better than the old Avengers series although that series got cancelled after 13 episodes.

#27 Posted by DP812 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving it. It's nice to be able to get some real Avengers stuff while Bendis is busy wiping his ass with the comics.

#28 Posted by IrishX (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

I may get criticized for this but to me cartoons are for kids. My kids have watched and enjoy the new Avengers cartoon. I guess what I'm saying is that if you don't like it maybe it's because it's not geared for someone your age.

#29 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. I like Pym, so I'm glad he's pretty cool in it. Hopefully, they avoid the wife beating.

#30 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

meh.

#31 Posted by ladysif (14 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers is what got me to like superheros young justice is awesome too i like miss martian and thors my fav in avengers

#32 Posted by joshmightbe (24674 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone know when the new episodes start back up?

#33 Posted by buffalostyle (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good show...as for Marvel cartoons, it is one of the best that I have seen. They have the characters down pretty well however, I don't like Tony Stark's voice very much...

#34 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
"anyone know when the new episodes start back up? "

That's what I was wondering. What was the last episode?
#35 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024:
the last two episodes were The Casket of Eternal Springs and Hail Hydra. I had nothing to complain about, the last episode was just awesome!
#36 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this show. It's phenomenal. It feels like the silver age of Marvel but all new at the same time. It's the best animated superhero show imo. 

#37 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

I held back from watching this for a long  time because I was turned off by the art style. Its pathetic when compared to Young Justice or pretty much anything DC animation has been able to do. 

I felt the same way about Spectacular Spider-Man and I ended up loving that show. But those shows had  Greg Weisman which I think makes the difference in this case. 

I watched the first two episodes of Earth Mightiest Heroes and it was better than I thought it would be but it's still missing something.

The art work has yet to grow on me like with Spiderman and theres something about Nick Fury's character that seems unauthentic.

Not a bad show though, it's just nowhere near how good Young Justice is.
#38 Posted by conformist21 (413 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" @joshmightbe said:
"anyone know when the new episodes start back up? "
That's what I was wondering. What was the last episode? "
between the gap of thor movie and cap movie...

and i don't understand how you can really not like it besides animation related complaints,
but that's just me, i think it is a formidable show, it ain't no Spectacular Spider-Man though
#39 Posted by aussiebushwacker (68 posts) - - Show Bio

they should upgrage starks armor next season to 90's one, season after that extremis, and theen ... the new one.
#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32819 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
" Serious? Explain yourself!!! "
#41 Posted by Murasame (49 posts) - - Show Bio

This cartoon is fantastic and I don't think enough people are watching it or giving it a chance. It's maybe Marvel's best attempt and especially welcome after those horrible ultimate avengers tv movies they did.

#42 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the show that much it's ok for a Marvel production.

I expected the Avengers to be flying off battling Aliens, or to Atlantis with Namor or maybe some time travel. Ya know like the Epic adventures the League had in their series.

The Avengers just battled villains and situations one of them could have handled. except the last 3 episodes, but to beat Kang Stark totally "dues ex machina'd" his way out of that one

#43 Posted by bgibs13390 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the show I hope they keep it coming. 

#44 Posted by UltraHeroix (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the show is great, it even has an epic feel that the JLU had. If it had Young Justice Animation it would be perfect but it is almost already there.

#45 Posted by logan48227 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like this show better than Young Justice so far. It is a little Silver Age-y, but in a good way.

A:EMH is no JLU, but its still pretty entertaining in my book.

#46 Posted by joshmightbe (24674 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Well actually that was a few episodes ago, the last one I saw was a wrap up of the Loki story arc and at the very end a Skrull secretly replaced cap after incapacitating him so they'll really get into the alien thing soon, though I'm guessing next season cause it had that season finally vibe to it
#47 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

So I've watched up until Hail Hydra and I gotta say, this show is growing on me.

I'm getting hooked now!

I still put Young Justice and Spectacular Spiderman ahead of it but its taking big steps to close the gap with each new episode!
#48 Posted by joshmightbe (24674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Atari_Graphics: I'll agree that the show has its issues but it does for the most part keep getting better
#49 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

I rearlly didn't like the Avengers, but that show made me love the team. The animation is really amazing. Voice Actors portray the charactes just as I imagened them. The stories seem high grade too. I may not be the person to ask because I haven't read much Avengers comics, but I love it.
#50 Edited by madkhan (1 posts) - - Show Bio

new avengers assemble sucks really hardd!!
i mean there was no need to create this series
avenger earth mightiest hero was already an awesome animated series
and plus this ne avengers assemble series is continution of movie which doesnt make sense at all
tony stark still lives with his battery while in movie he is arc reactor free guy!!!
plus they showed red skull!!
now how he got back still unsolved, even if they manage to show how he came back that would ruin the movie storyline!!
and the biggest thing!
on 1st episode tony saw M.O.D.O.K
and they showed that tony already knew who is M.O.D.O.K
and in movie
there was no sign of M.O.D.O.K
they are actually ruining the movie!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.