The BIGGEST flaw in the Avengers movie

#1 Posted by noj (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely LOVED it and agree with the 5 star review that comicvine gave it, but it wasn't without its flaws. The biggest which is that you could tell that it was just a LITTLE too big for itself. Its VERY obvious some scenes were cut to make the movie a more manageable length.

It seems that Thor suffered the most with this problem. He shows up out of nowhere (which was cool though), when last we heard he couldnt come back to Earth because of the destruction of the bifrost. Its really never explained what the hell happened to Loki after Thor, and how he ended up in deep space, or how he even survived. The significance of Thor's costume was never explained, and why he didnt fully suit up until the end. Thor also apparently knew all about Loki's plans including his alliance with his "army" even going so far as to know the name of their species, but HOW he knew this is anybodies guess. Theres also the whole inconsistency with the end of Thor, and The Avengers with Dr Selvig apparently being possessed at the end of Thor, but apparently that wasnt the case since we never see anything come from it or anybody mention it.

Other than that the movie was awesome especially the action scenes which were AMAZING. I really hope that we see a proper directors cut that can expalin some of these things. I heard that it was originally going to be around 3 hrs long! I would LOVE to see that movie.

#2 Edited by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

I absolutely LOVED it and agree with the 5 star review that comicvine gave it, but it wasn't without its flaws. The biggest which is that you could tell that it was just a LITTLE too big for itself. Its VERY obvious some scenes were cut to make the movie a more manageable length.

It seems that Thor suffered the most with this problem. He shows up out of nowhere (which was cool though), when last we heard he couldnt come back to Earth because of the destruction of the bifrost.

Loki said that Odin transported him. "It must of took all of "father's" power to send you hear" or something to that effect.

@noj said:

Its really never explained what the hell happened to Loki after Thor, and how he ended up in deep space, or how he even survived.

In Thor that's wear he was transported to. And apparently *spoiler* Thanos saves him

@noj said:

The significance of Thor's costume was never explained, and why he didnt fully suit up until the end.

It was a philisophical thing, When Loki left him no choice but war he "donned" his armor Thor kinda said as much "Very well Loki, then war it is" or something like that.

@noj said:

Thor also apparently knew all about Loki's plans including his alliance with his "army" even going so far as to know the name of their species, but HOW he knew this is anybodies guess.

Heimdal most likely. At the end of Thor he was looking for Loki, and watching Earth.

@noj said:

Theres also the whole inconsistency with the end of Thor, and The Avengers with Dr Selvig apparently being possessed at the end of Thor, but apparently that wasnt the case since we never see anything come from it or anybody mention it.

I don't think he was possessed, at the end of Thor. I think he was just influenced by Loki.@noj said:

the movie was awesome especially the action scenes which were AMAZING. I really hope that we see a proper directors cut that can expalin some of these things. I heard that it was originally going to be around 3 hrs long! I would LOVE to see that movie.

This I agree with.

I hope I was able to help.

#3 Edited by Greendevil (1873 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@noj said:

It seems that Thor suffered the most with this problem. He shows up out of nowhere (which was cool though), when last we heard he couldnt come back to Earth because of the destruction of the bifrost.

Loki said that Odin transported him. "It must of took all of "father's" power to send you hear" or something to that effect.

@noj said:

Its really never explained what the hell happened to Loki after Thor, and how he ended up in deep space, or how he even survived.

In Thor that's wear he was transported to. And apparently *spoiler* Thanos saves him

@noj said:

The significance of Thor's costume was never explained, and why he didnt fully suit up until the end.

It was a philisophical thing, When Loki left him no choice but war he "donned" his armor Thor kinda said as much "Very well Loki, then war it is" or something like that.

@noj said:

Thor also apparently knew all about Loki's plans including his alliance with his "army" even going so far as to know the name of their species, but HOW he knew this is anybodies guess.

Heimdal most likely. At the end of Thor he was looking for Loki, and watching Earth.

@noj said:

Theres also the whole inconsistency with the end of Thor, and The Avengers with Dr Selvig apparently being possessed at the end of Thor, but apparently that wasnt the case since we never see anything come from it or anybody mention it.

I don't think he was possessed, at the end of Thor. I think he was just influenced by Loki.@noj said:

the movie was awesome especially the action scenes which were AMAZING. I really hope that we see a proper directors cut that can expalin some of these things. I heard that it was originally going to be around 3 hrs long! I would LOVE to see that movie.

This I agree with.

"With the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the all-father muster to send you here?"

Agreed with both of you though.

Having Heimdal the all seeing god on your side, i guess you'd know about the Chitahuri. But weird he didn't know about Thanos no?

Thor says " i thought you dead" And Loki asks "did you morn?" So basically Thor and the asgardians thought Loki dead. How and when they got the heads up was not explained. When Loki says "i have grown Odinson, in my exile, i have seen the true power of the tesaract" and Thor gets pissed and says"who showed you this power? who controls the would-be-king?" I was like WTF?? would be king? More clues?

Also in the same scene 2 giant ravens show up from nowhere. Probably Hugin and Mumin Odins 2 ravens.

I also remember the Chitahuri boss flipps on Loki cuz he got offended. He says "You question us? question him? He whom put the scepter in your hand, whom gave you ancient knowledge, a new purpose, when you where cast out, defeated"

If there is directors cut version, im buying it!

#4 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil said:

@tg1982 said:

@noj said:

@noj said:

@noj said:

@noj said:

@noj said:

This I agree with.

"With the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the all-father muster to send you here?"

Agreed with both of you though.

Having Heimdal the all seeing god on your side, i guess you'd know about the Chitahuri. But weird he didn't know about Thanos no?

Thor says " i thought you dead" And Loki asks "did you morn?" So basically Thor and the asgardians thought Loki dead. How and when they got the heads up was not explained. When Loki says "i have grown Odinson, in my exile, i have seen the true power of the tesaract" and Thor gets pissed and says"who showed you this power? who controls the would-be-king?" I was like WTF?? would be king? More clues?

Also in the same scene 2 giant ravens show up from nowhere. Probably Hugin and Mumin Odins 2 ravens.

I also remember the Chitahuri boss flipps on Loki cuz he got offended. He says "You question us? question him? He whom put the scepter in your hand, whom gave you ancient knowledge, a new purpose, when you where cast out, defeated"

If there is directors cut version, im buying it!

That's how the quote went! Thanks. Yeah, I noticed the ravens too.

#5 Edited by noj (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: The thing is that a most of what youre saying is pure speculation, we dont actually SEE any of that in the movie except the one throwaway line about Odin sending Thor there, and I even have issue with that since when Thor was destroying the Bifrost Loki specifically said "you'll never see her again" talking about Jane and implying that he couldnt get back to midgard permanantly. I have a feeling there was originally going to be a more detailed way that Thor got to Earth but they had to cut it and instead just said that Odin was somehow able to send him there.

#6 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest "WHAT?" moment was how the Chitauri completely shut down when their command center was destroyed. They certainly didn't appear robotic...lol.

Staff
#7 Posted by Owen_Porter (83285 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj: Yeah but didnt whats his name (the black asgard dude) have some line at the end of Thor about there being other ways to Earth? Cant recall the actual quote but he implied that even though the bridge was destroyed their were other ways to get around. Loki even had a comment about there being other ways into and out of Asgard (which is how he brought the first group of Frost Giants into Asgard).

#8 Posted by amazinglover (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj: There have been many places where he said he cut almost an hour from the movie to make it flow better and to reduce run length. Plus there are many ways into Asgard and Loki telling Thor you'll never see her again was meant to try to get him to not destroy the bridge so he could make use of it since it's more convenient then his other routes and destroying the gate would mess with his planes.

#9 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

@tg1982: The thing is that a most of what youre saying is pure speculation, we dont actually SEE any of that in the movie except the one throwaway line about Odin sending Thor there, and I even have issue with that since when Thor was destroying the Bifrost Loki specifically said "you'll never see her again" talking about Jane and implying that he couldnt get back to midgard permanantly. I have a feeling there was originally going to be a more detailed way that Thor got to Earth but they had to cut it and instead just said that Odin was somehow able to send him there.

I don't see how this is pure speculation, we may not see what happened, but we are told what happened or there is a definitive inference that we can interpret.

These were my issues with the movie... they are completely minor, to the point of being pathetic, I know this, but it has no relevance on the overall effect of the movie: (very minor spoilers)

1) No Edward Norton... ok, this one is kind of legitimate, when I watch a movie, I like to be engrossed in that movie, so having an actor change is a fairly big distraction. This is not to say that Mark Ruffalo's performance wasn't good, but it's the fact that he doesn't look and sound exactly like Edward Norton that I had the problem with... or to completely flip the argument altogether, I wouldn't have minded seeing Ruffalo in the Incredible Hulk, playing Norton's role instead. Just like to add that I'm not a film critic or someone who has that kind of investment in actors and stuff, so I can't really judge the roles, other than to say that I liked what they both did with the character(s) they played, but I would just prefer to have one actor playing the character because it gives a feeling of engrossment and it gives a better feeling that what you are watching is real.

2) The UK title was "Avengers Assemble" or the full title "Marvel's the Avengers Assemble" - there was no need for this, just call it "The Avengers" and leave it at that.

3) Captain America does not even say the words "Avengers Assemble" - I get that there's no real reason for him to say it and I'm ok with that, but it would still have been nice to hear the words on the big screen and from a live action Captain America.

4) The Chitauri all "shutting down" at the end of the battle... but I can see the reasoning behind it, personally, I probably would have had it so that disabling the interdimensional gateway sucked everything back in, but that wouldn't make much sense wither, so I'm not going to complain, as there is a logical explanation which I can infer... so that's good enough for me.

5) (Note: so minor that it's completely hypothetical) There is a registry number on the side of the helecarrier, this number is shown as 64, this could mean that there are 63 other helecarriers or that one of the US Navy ships (the USS Constellation CV-64) was disguised as a helecarrier (despite a SHIELD logo on it) - there is also the possibility (simply because it was the first thing that came into my head when I saw it) that Whedon was paying a tribute to Star Trek, the registry number of the USS Enterprise being CVN-65, but for some reason they got the number wrong. It could also be a completely random number that was generated and put there for no reason at all, something I would be quite dismayed by, considering the attention to detail that Joss Whedon has shown in the writing of the movie.

*amazed by my own convolution* - basically, I didn't like (through my own strawman argument) that the registry had either no significance or that got the reference to what I thought it was to wrong.

Again, all (mostly) stupid issues, that I can't really slate the movie for...

#10 Posted by puiwaihin (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the biggest weakness was them not explaining Banner's control over the Hulk. We have to assume that Hulk went on a rampage either because of Loki's influence, or because Banner finally lost control of his temper (and hence control of the Hulk). The movie needed a scene where Banner demonstrates that level of control.

#11 Posted by drphilter (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@puiwaihin said:

I think the biggest weakness was them not explaining Banner's control over the Hulk. We have to assume that Hulk went on a rampage either because of Loki's influence, or because Banner finally lost control of his temper (and hence control of the Hulk). The movie needed a scene where Banner demonstrates that level of control.

I don't mean to argue, I felt that was pretty clear, at least to me. The way I saw it is on the Hellicarrier Banner and everyone else was pretty much pissed at one another, when it was attacked he hulked out from a culmination of the arguing, the attack and the fall, and since he was angry with pretty much everyone Hulk didn't spare anyone. Later after Banner explains that his secret is that he's always angry, he has a direct focus on the Chtari. So as someone who doesn't know the Hulk from anywhere but the movies I just interpret that as wherever Banner's anger is focused at is simply amplified by Hulk. Perhaps I am wrong, lol. I for one totally became a huge Hulk fan this week, I rewatched Incredible Hulk right before Avengers and I am ready to go out and pick up some Hulk comics!

My biggest complaint isn't so much a fault of the movie. It's more an annoyance I guess. Because the general audiences all LOVE Iron Man and Robert Downey it seems that he overshadowed the movie. Again I think this is more audience problem than the film itself. I took away a few things from this movie. Captain American may not have physical super powers, but his ability is heart and leadership. Without Cap he wouldn't have steered Stark in the direction of being a team player. Without Cap one could argue that after the attack on the Helicarrier they all would have disbanded. I guess there is some subtext and things that go unsaid that people don't appreciate about Cap that get completely lost when Stark pulls out a "Make a move Reindeer Games". See I love Cap for the very same reason that I love Batman. Strip away Batman's darkness and Captain America's WWII mindset they are still just regular guys out to make the world a better place at the cost of their lives. The sentiment in Batman Begins "I never said thank you." "You'll never have to" and Captain flying a plane into the frozen tundra that is essential and I feel should really be more appreciated. After a few conversations with people who don't have any ties to the comics at all, their only experience with Marvel U is through the movies and I heard the same thing "Captain is SOO boring" Really just stuck in my crawl. I thought he was executed nearly perfectly. I agree hearing him actually say "Assemble" would have made my day, specially since Evans texted that to everyone during filming.

The second thing I took from this movie is Hulk is amazing and I really feel the dire need to read some Hulk comics.

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

My biggest "WHAT?" moment was how the Chitauri completely shut down when their command center was destroyed. They certainly didn't appear robotic...lol.

That was just a convenience thing. Otherwise the Avengers would have to be fighting for days.  

I don't think we're meant to read that much into it :P
#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest flaw was that it had no flaws.

#14 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (360 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that really got me about the movie was the Chitauri shutting down.

@noj said:

Well when you think about it, Odin isn't going to use lots of power to send Thor to Earth just so he can go on dates with Jane every couple of weeks. Sending him there to stop an evil plot by Loki is obviously more reasonable

#15 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

well I guess we are going to get a lot of deleted scenes for the DVD than

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27438 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj: i have a feeling more of thors history previous to avengers will be expanded in thor 2. my guess. would be cool.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27438 posts) - - Show Bio
@puiwaihin: The last scene in Incredible Hulk was meant to convey that Bruce had gained control over the Hulk
#19 Posted by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@puiwaihin: The last scene in Incredible Hulk was meant to convey that Bruce had gained control over the Hulk

THIS! I've had to explain this to a bunch of friend for the past few days.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27438 posts) - - Show Bio
@TwistedGamer said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@puiwaihin: The last scene in Incredible Hulk was meant to convey that Bruce had gained control over the Hulk

Yea same here 
#21 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

The biggest flaw was that it had no flaws.

#22 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

well I guess we are going to get a lot of deleted scenes for the DVD than

Kinda hoping for a Director's cut where Whedon adds all the stuff he had to cut for length.

#23 Posted by Fzyx (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, there is going to be a lot of deleted scenes. Nearly an HOUR of them since the movie was supposed to be 3 hours long.

#24 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fzyx said:

Yeah, there is going to be a lot of deleted scenes. Nearly an HOUR of them since the movie was supposed to be 3 hours long.

More like about an half hour. The movie time is 142 = 2 hours and 22 minutes.

#25 Posted by Gscythe (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they explain why Fury had all those Black Vein-like things coming from his eye-patch?

They weren't as dark and plentiful in the Iron Man films

#26 Posted by _Pinnacle (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gscythe: They're scars, he got them from being attacked by iraqis in the first gulf war.

#27 Posted by Gscythe (17 posts) - - Show Bio

i know that. they just weren't as noticeable/plentiful in the earlier films.

Iron Man 2: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10616/Nick%20Fury%20pattern.jpg

The Avengers: http://moviecultists.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Samuel-L-Jackson-as-Nick-Fury-in-The-Avengers-02.jpg

it might just be a slight design change.

#28 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

My Problems:

Some jokes seem forced ie. Galaga

Nick Fury seem to have little to no character depth in the movie

Chitahuri's facial texture/animation seems a little weird.

Beginning too rushed: Doesn't give Cap time to reflect on this new world, doesn't explain why Tony is eligible for Avengers again, half ass explanation for how Thor got there.

Shadowy political figures seems too contrived.

What was the point of the helicarrier again? Other than to get blown out of sky and risk the lives of those SHIELD agent and maybe even a city population.

Just minor complaint, but Hawkeye can shoot an arrow straight to a Chitahuri head a hundred feet away, yet he can't seem to be able to hit Maria Hill that's few feet away with multiple gun fire.

Maria Hill is almost a throwaway character that's there strictly setting up the sequels.

That's about it, I still loved the movie regardless.

#29 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

My only flaw is that it ended.

#30 Posted by jhazzroucher (13958 posts) - - Show Bio

here is mine to make the movie better.

Black Widow's hair should have been longer.

We could have seen Black Widow and Maria Hill in swimsuit talking in a pool for us guys to care more about the film. hehehe : )

Hawkeye's suit is not attractive. he should have the costume in comics, just like the other Avengers members.

Captain America's suit should have been torned while fighting the enemies so that more girls would have watched him fight half-naked. lol : )

the young girl who called Banner to go with her should have been a young Storm with white hair. : )

#31 Posted by ThomasElliot (357 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

That was even explained by the director of The Incredible Hulk. Banner has control over The Hulk.

I had a long chat with a friend who, for some reason, couldn't accept that the out-of-control Hulk on the Helicarrier was due to Loki's influence. I don't get how this isn't clear to everyone?

Loki allows himself to be captured for 2 purposes:

1. Allow Hawkeye to steal iridium

2. Get close to the Avengers and SHIELD to mess with them

Because Loki is the TRICKSTER GOD, remember? It just so happens that when they take Loki prisoner, all the Avengers start having doubts and suspicions and begin arguing. In the scene where they are bickering, the camera actually cuts to Loki's scepter, sitting there and glowing. At the end of Banner's rant, he unknowingly is holding Loki's scepter. The scepter, which is the SAME DEVICE Loki uses to fully control Hawkeye and his human 'slaves'.

Now, Loki didn't have FULL control over the Avengers, but he was able to cloud their judgement and influence them enough to cause the problems, send Hulk into an out-of-control rage, and provide another distraction to allow Hawkeye to bust Loki out. Loki basically took the Avenger's own doubts and skepticism, multiplied those by 1,000, then used it against them.

The other 'flaws'... yeah, Thor kind of came out of nowhere, but he came LATE. In other words, they all thought Loki was dead... but once Loki appeared on Earth, Thor was soon to follow. Yeah, it would have been nice to go back to Asgard and show Odin and "Son, you need to go and stop Loki!", but its not exactly bad logic to not show it either. I don't get why some people have to literally be spoon-fed every detail? Assuming certain points of the plot is INTENTIONAL sometimes, and not necessarily a bad thing.

If I write this equation: 2 + ___ = 4

You mean to tell me that until I fill in the blank with '2', some of you can't solve the equation? Silly.

#32 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

here is mine to make the movie better.

Black Widow's hair should have been longer.

We could have seen Black Widow and Maria Hill in swimsuit talking in a pool for us guys to care more about the film. hehehe : )

Hawkeye's suit is not attractive. he should have the costume in comics, just like the other Avengers members.

Captain America's suit should have been torned while fighting the enemies so that more girls would have watched him fight half-naked. lol : )

the young girl who called Banner to go with her should have been a young Storm with white hair. : )

Yeah your ideas are kind of weird

#33 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4531 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Bruce wasn't hiding in africa.

#34 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4531 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThomasElliot@ThomasElliot said:

@spiderbat87 said:

That was even explained by the director of The Incredible Hulk. Banner has control over The Hulk.

I had a long chat with a friend who, for some reason, couldn't accept that the out-of-control Hulk on the Helicarrier was due to Loki's influence. I don't get how this isn't clear to everyone?

Loki allows himself to be captured for 2 purposes:

1. Allow Hawkeye to steal iridium

2. Get close to the Avengers and SHIELD to mess with them

Because Loki is the TRICKSTER GOD, remember? It just so happens that when they take Loki prisoner, all the Avengers start having doubts and suspicions and begin arguing. In the scene where they are bickering, the camera actually cuts to Loki's scepter, sitting there and glowing. At the end of Banner's rant, he unknowingly is holding Loki's scepter. The scepter, which is the SAME DEVICE Loki uses to fully control Hawkeye and his human 'slaves'.

Now, Loki didn't have FULL control over the Avengers, but he was able to cloud their judgement and influence them enough to cause the problems, send Hulk into an out-of-control rage, and provide another distraction to allow Hawkeye to bust Loki out. Loki basically took the Avenger's own doubts and skepticism, multiplied those by 1,000, then used it against them.

The other 'flaws'... yeah, Thor kind of came out of nowhere, but he came LATE. In other words, they all thought Loki was dead... but once Loki appeared on Earth, Thor was soon to follow. Yeah, it would have been nice to go back to Asgard and show Odin and "Son, you need to go and stop Loki!", but its not exactly bad logic to not show it either. I don't get why some people have to literally be spoon-fed every detail? Assuming certain points of the plot is INTENTIONAL sometimes, and not necessarily a bad thing.

If I write this equation: 2 + ___ = 4

You mean to tell me that until I fill in the blank with '2', some of you can't solve the equation? Silly.

Dude thank you. As soon as Loki walks in Banner reacts asthough he was having a migrane, basically saying to the crowd..''Loki is in Bruce's mind." Loki could have escaped anytime. Hell, dude walked right out of the cage while everyone were distracted with the condition of the helecarrier. Thor may have found out where Loki was once he'd returned to midgard, since Thano's plain of reality may have been too far to see..even for Heimdal. And yes, the Scepter was influencing everyone who shared the room with it. Black Widow even noticed Loki's plan to start up Hulks transformation with one line. Loki: ''No you bought the monster."

#35 Posted by ActionFigure (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@TwistedGamer said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I didn't even see the previous Hulk movie (I will remedy that soon), but I understood Banner's control over the Hulk when he said the line about "You don't understand, I'm always mad" -- I took that to mean that he can turn into the Hulk at will and control him... for the most part (He did sucker punch Thor while they were fighting as a team).

#36 Posted by ActionFigure (2 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest problem was when Ironman was taking the Nuke to the wormhole, why couldn't Thor help him.

He just stood there and watched with everyone else. Couldn't Thor help push or help in any other way at that point?

I have only seen it once. I gotta watch it again.

#37 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems I missed quite a lot of stuff in the film.

#38 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest isue with the movie is that Samuel L. Jackson didn't say the word he was apparently born to say. And we all know what word that is.

#39 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: Is it something along the lines of "I have had it with theese MOTHER-Fing Villians on my MOTHER-Fing hellicarrier!" LOL. That would have been funny, but probably not PG-13 then, or maybe still PG-13, they seem to be able to get away with a bit more than they used to.

#40 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because it's a spin off not a sequel which means the timeline is changed. Thor 2 should actually be before Avengers 1 and so on.

#41 Posted by juliusDicktationTakalua (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj: I thought it was amazing too but I don't think it's a perfect * * * * *. It was the epitome of a summer blockbuster but it has many flaws. In my opinion, a * * * * * film should be a groundbreaking and well made film. The Avengers was just fun, it had its moments but it's not the Godfather you know what I'm saying here? A film of * * * * * is a film that has brilliance not just entertainment.

It was a * * * * movie for me. Loki was a massive cliche, incredibly unoriginal plot, a lot of plotholes (too ... damn... MANY!!), too short (the transition was not smooth a lot of times), and most importantly Thor and CA were underplayed. I bet there's a WAY longer cut of this film and I'm sure Whedon will release it in Blu Ray but it will still be * * * * film for me because it wasn't a groundbreaking film like TDK or Iron Man, in fact IM gets a ****1/2

#42 Posted by papo (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated that hawkeye did not have his mask on.

#43 Posted by noj (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliusDicktationTakalua: I agree with you. After the spectacle wore off I would give it a 4 or 41/2. Iron Man is still probably the best Marvel movie. The other thing about the Avengers is that as a movie it CANT stand on its own and that is a pretty big flaw. You pretty much NEED to have seen the other Marvel movies to fully appreciate it. Oh and use numbers next time lol. I thought for a few seconds that your post was chock full of curse words!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.