The better Avengers Leader

• 62 results
#1 Posted by marvel186 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man(tony Stark) is the brain and the most awesome avenger and always have a good idea

while Cap is the one who makes that good idea work. Cap may not have a fancy flying armour but his the symbol of peace, justice, and hope

take your pic between the two

#2 Posted by DarkChris (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap. He isn't my favorite character, but if you are against a powerful villain, you will see Cap and gain confidence. It's a symbol.

#3 Posted by Chaos Burn (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

I always picture Cap as the leader, with Stark a close second, or even them sharing the role

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#5 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap, he is the best leader. Stark is a millionaire playboy, he probably has better things to do.

BUSTED
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not hard to pick between Stark and Cap.Cap has been a leader for longer.He has way more experience and his intellect is mostly used for combat and tactics.Stark doesn't have a chance.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- The two have skill sets that compliment each other very well but if forced to choose one it would be Cap as he has the trust of the majority of the superhero community.

- Cap is much better suited to leading field operations and leaving the political side for Stark

#8 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@WarMachineMarkV said:

- The two have skill sets that compliment each other very well but if forced to choose one it would be Cap as he has the trust of the majority of the superhero community.

- Cap is much better suited to leading field operations and leaving the political side for Stark

#9 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say that so wise and so ture just like Cap

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not even a competition, Cap is leagues above Tony in leadership.

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would even consider Tony when Cap's an option?

#12 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Rodgers or Tony Stark

#13 Posted by wrestlgurl (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say of the 2, Cap. Cap was born to lead. If you are talking the whole history of the team, the early days when the big 3 all left and Hank Pym returned and took over the helm was one of my favorite periods.

#14 Posted by marvel186 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

you should guys know that there was a time that Iron man was the leader,

#15 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

NEITHER!

Janet van Dyne was better than both of them combined.

She was a grand leader, and a better character than either of the other two.

#16 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym :)

He was awesome when he led them in Byrne's West Avengers and Slott's Mighty Avengers.

Or USAgent just because he wanted to make it a rule that the Avengers have to eat breakfast everyday haha

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (82778 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America.

He's the best leader in all of comics.

Captain America
#18 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap for regular though Jan was phenomenal during her run

Westcoast Hawkeye all day everyday

#19 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

BUT NONE OF THESE LEADERS WANT THE TEAM TO ALWAYS HAVE A HEALTHY BREAKFAST AT THE CRACK OF DAWN!

#20 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Captain America.

He's the best leader in all of comics.

Captain America

Agreed

#21 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap normally

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel186 said:

you should guys know that there was a time that Iron man was the leader,

I'm fully aware of that. But if it wasn't for Tony, the Skrull Invasion could have probably been avoided (lead the charge when the Illuminati decided to "tell off the Skrulls."), the Civil War wouldn't've had as many casualties as it had (responsible for the Thor clone, and he payed off several known super-villains to do his bidding), and whenever the Avengers were in their brightest days, it was Steve who was in charge.

#23 Posted by Billy Batson (57919 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but Tony's a douche.
BB

#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (15544 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is better than Iron Man. If you think Iron Man is better cos he is more intelligent, then you should be choosing Black Panther than him.

Storm should be co-leader of the avengers because her leadership is similar to Captain America.

#25 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

yeah but Tony's a douche.
BB

- He is my favorite character, but that is hard to argue with how he has been written since Civil War

#26 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm should be co-leader of the avengers because her leadership is similar to Captain America.

>.<

Why not go the whole hog and have her lead the Fantastic Four too... ¬_¬

#27 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't matter. Everyone just get's their walking orders from Wong anyways and you all know it. He's the quiet one in the background with his hands folded. That's always the telltale sign.

#28 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

Doesn't matter. Everyone just get's their walking orders from Wong anyways and you all know it. He's the quiet one in the background with his hands folded. That's always the telltale sign.

- Squirrel Girl has usurped his position, even Wong cannot stand against someone with her resume of victories

#29 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV:

That's just propaganda. Squirrel Girl is his new penultimate muscle standing aside Jarvis, and naturally gives the team good credit with Santa Claus as she's a herald of his. It's how they managed to keep Red Hulk in line all this time. Wong's a careful behind the scenes manipulator like that. All building up the day Aunt May inevitability goes evil (see: Siege/Sentry/Void times like, 666,000 or something. The sun starts bleeding and all that kind of bad).

#30 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

1 - Squirrel Girl is just biding her time before staging a coup, don't act all coy like you don't know. Wong is a poser.

2 - Red Hulk is behaving because they promised him unlimited Skittles

3 - Aunt May is not the real threat, it's Uncle Ben. He never died, instead he built his delicious rice empire form the shadows to fund his New World Order

#31 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

1 - Squirrel Girl is just biding her time before staging a coup, don't act all coy like you don't know. Wong is a poser.

2 - Red Hulk is behaving because they promised him unlimited Skittles

3 - Aunt May is not the real threat, it's Uncle Ben. He never died, instead he built his delicious rice empire form the shadows to fund his New World Order

Skittles are awesome and unlimited skittles = unlimited awesomness.

I knew Uncle Ben couldn't be trusted!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Edited by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV:

All lies spread by the Ben. Clearly May's personality is already starting to subtlety shift, and Zombie Uncle Ben is under the influence of eating May's pie (I'll hate myself later for that).

She knows what Wong knows, yet, Wong knows what she knows. Hence why he folds his arms.

#33 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

@WarMachineMarkV:

All lies spread by the Ben. Clearly May's personality is already starting to subtlety shift, and Zombie Uncle Ben is under the influence of eating May's pie (I'll hate myself later for that).

She knows what Wong knows, yet, Wong knows what she knows. Hence why he folds his arms.

- I am going to have nightmares from the picture those words put in my head, thanks a lot

#34 Posted by jhazzroucher (15544 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

>.<

Why not go the whole hog and have her lead the Fantastic Four too... ¬_¬

I'm just saying since Storm is currently a member of the Avengers.

As for Fantastic Four for which Storm became a temporary member, it never registered into my mind of making her the leader of the team because Mr. Fantastic is a different type of leader and when Reed and Sue were away, Black Panther fitted well since he's also very intelligent just like Mr Fantastic.

#35 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

Hank Pym :)

He was awesome when he led them in Byrne's West Avengers and Slott's Mighty Avengers.

Or USAgent just because he wanted to make it a rule that the Avengers have to eat breakfast everyday haha

(High fives) 

Hank's the best character, but Cap is the best leader.  

Iron Man is horrendously overrated as a character, hero and as a leader. 
#36 Posted by TDK_1997 (14663 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve,he can always give confidence to the team even in the worst moment

#37 Edited by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV:

Sorry. It's all Joe Quesada's fault. In fact it's all just what Satan's acolyte, Joe Quesada wants you to think of Mephisto's newly resurrected Earthen vessel May.

You know, but you don't know you know, you know?

Trust in Wong. He's actually Stan Lee, who shaved his head and facial hair to prepare for the upcoming battle. He will make the nightmares and pie go away.

Not Red Hulk though, your stuck with him.

#38 Posted by NewCorkSeth (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't really see how this is a competition? Captain America was born to lead and he is a trained military strategist. Stark is a business man in a high tech suit who has on-off battles with alcoholism. No contest. I prefer stark as a character tho... cap isn't as exciting.

#39 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap= best leader in comics. that's the reason he led Marvel/Dc into battle with Superman's blessing. Hawkeye was a fun to read leader. He reminded me of a cross between Cap and Cyclops in that he was arrogant but could back it up as a team leader if not on his own. Plus he had the love story with Mockingbird like Cyclops had with Jean at the time.

#40 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enosisik said:

Cap= best leader in comics. that's the reason he led Marvel/Dc into battle with Superman's blessing. Hawkeye was a fun to read leader. He reminded me of a cross between Cap and Cyclops in that he was arrogant but could back it up as a team leader if not on his own. Plus he had the love story with Mockingbird like Cyclops had with Jean at the time.
#41 Posted by daxamite (88 posts) - - Show Bio

captain america, he thinks before he acts and he believes in the truth and justice and he has a commanding presence that every one in the avengers respect. great tactician, strategist.

#42 Posted by PowerHerc (82778 posts) - - Show Bio

@daxamite said:

captain america, he thinks before he acts and he believes in the truth and justice and he has a commanding presence that every one in the avengers respect. great tactician, strategist.

Truth.

#43 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@daxamite said:

There's a reason why god's and super-humans follow him.

#44 Posted by daxamite (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Right, any true marvel fan would know this simple fact. :)

#45 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

No love form Monica Rambeau?

Avengers Flashback
#46 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

No love form Monica Rambeau?

Avengers Flashback

Poor Monica from Avengers leader to occasional background art... and she had some cool powers too.

#47 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: She was awesome in Nextwave, but so was everyone who appeared in Nextwave.

#48 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thor would be a good leader.

#49 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

He has been.

#50 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@TheCannon said:

He has been.

Yeah. Thor is my favorite Marvel character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.