The Avengers working....... A Lot

Posted by saoakden (1011 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone notice that within the past decade or so, The Avengers have gone through a lot of stuff? First the team assembles to fight off evil as a team, which was cool. They then expand their roster by adding a wide range of heroes and some reformed villains. After they fight some number of villains, they begin to be involved in many storylines from Secret War, Onslaught, the Avengerrs breaking up, reforming as New Avengers after a prision break, the Marvel Superhero Civil War, Multiple Avengers, (Mighty, New, Dark, Avengers Intitaive) Secret Invasion, Dark Regin (Introducing Osborn's Dark Avengers), Utopia, Siege (Ending Osborn's Regin), Heroic Age, (which ended up having The Main, New, Secret, And an Academy for Avengers) Fear Itself, Shattered Heroes, and now recently X-Sanction, fighting Osborn again with the HAMMER Wars, and in the Spring, the aftermath of X-Sanction will lead up to Avengers vs X-Men, which will involve possibly all Avengers and a lot of Mutants.

Basically, the have been very busy fighting various enemies. They have gone through a lot of hardship from these various battles. They have lost some members weather they quit, went rogue and blaming them for stuff (I'm looking at you Wonder Man and your Revengers), or they have been KIA.

To me, I haven't been reading up on all the Avengers comics since money is kinda tight and I usually wait for the trade to come out and I usually get the jist of whats going on through here, but I think someone give them a break. Since Marvel is kinda getting the reputation of releasing a lot of Marvel Events. I think Spider-Man or Deadpool would have cracked a joke about this by now.

#1 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel "Events-one-after-the-other" Comics.

#2 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

True@ReVamp said:

#3 Posted by saoakden (1011 posts) - - Show Bio

Crazy Marvel.

#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

Pretty much.
#5 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

Pretty much.

Its freacking crazy. DC is so much better with this. DC events are actually readable and even more: ENJOYABLE. Of course, excluding Flashpoint, which I haven't read, but that was just to get the DCnU started.

#6 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

Pretty much.

Its freacking crazy. DC is so much better with this. DC events are actually readable and even more: ENJOYABLE. Of course, excluding Flashpoint, which I haven't read, but that was just to get the DCnU started.

And all of DC's events connect.

Marvel's dont

They go from Civil War, to randomly jumping to Dark Reign/Siege

#7 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

Pretty much.

Marvel's dont

There's connections between those two....
#8 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

Pretty much.

Marvel's dont

There's connections between those two....

Yeah, I don't think it was a great example.

#9 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

Definitely not. Marvel's events do connect with each other, for the most part, but generally speaking, many of them are completely unnecessary.
#10 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

Definitely not. Marvel's events do connect with each other, for the most part, but generally speaking, many of them are completely unnecessary.

You forgot horrible. That's important to get right.

#11 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

Most of them are simply executed poorly. Just the mere idea behind Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, and Fear Itself even are truly intriguing in theory.
#12 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

Most of them are simply executed poorly. Just the mere idea behind Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, and Fear Itself even are truly intriguing in theory.

lol.

#13 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

lol.

I mean, I just don't get why people keep comparing Fear Itself to Blackest Night. They're nothing alike, I tell you!
#14 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

lol.

I mean, I just don't get why people keep comparing Fear Itself to Blackest Night. They're nothing alike, I tell you!

Yeah. Ones good the other's bad. Damn people.

#15 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

lol.

Yeah. I mean, remember that Fear Itself: Ghost Rider tie-in? That alone trumps everything in Blackest Night.
#16 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

lol.

Yeah. I mean, remember that Fear Itself: Ghost Rider tie-in? That alone trumps everything in Blackest Night.

Duuuuuuuuuude. Unfair. Stop that sh*t, its not funny. Why did you use the best tie-in, huh? You could easily have used the worst one and it would've trumped everything from BN.

#17 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

lol.

Duuuuuuuuuude. Unfair. Stop that sh*t, its not funny. Why did you use the best tie-in, huh? You could easily have used the worst one and it would've trumped everything from BN.

Giant snake>Black Lantern.
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

That's because DC doesn't do one after another in rapid succession like that.If DC didn't have time to meditate on their events they would be garbage too. Marvel doesn't care.Their mentality is.."we made you like these heroes and they are in this event, NOW READ IT!" And it works every time.
#19 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

That's because DC doesn't do one after another in rapid succession like that.If DC didn't have time to meditate on their events they would be garbage too. Marvel doesn't care.Their mentality is.."we made you like these heroes and they are in this event, NOW READ IT!" And it works every time.

I'm not sure what point your trying to prove, its obvious that DC events don't suck because they have time to think them out and make good stories out of them, that's what makes their events better than them, they care. That's why DC Events > Marvel Events.

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Vance Astro said:

I'm not sure what point your trying to prove, its obvious that DC events don't suck because they have time to think them out and make good stories out of them, that's what makes their events better than them, they care. That's why DC Events > Marvel Events.

I'm not trying to prove a point I was simply agreeing with you....
#21 Posted by CATPANEXE (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure I understand. The Avengers frequently battle threats and also expand their roster? I notice this yes but that's sort of the point isn't it?

#22 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

I'm not sure I understand. The Avengers frequently battle threats and also expand their roster? I notice this yes but that's sort of the point isn't it?

- I have more of an issue of how they for the past decade seem to always be so unprepared for the new events. Considering they have access to the highest technology and government clearances they seem to be caught completely unaware way too often.

- I'm not saying they should catch every single threat proactively, but their track record has went way, way downhill. They seem to wander into every event pretty much clueless and freaking out on what to do rather than have enough of a handle on things to respond properly.

- The group overall is so disorganized, with rosters that make no sense, it makes Cap and Stark look like idiots. They are supposed to be the elite team of the entire planet, please write them as such, is that so much to ask?

#23 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Civil War & Dark Reign connect but to go from Superhuman Registration Act to Osborn wanting to take over Asgard, Big jump

#24 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

Pretty much.

Marvel's dont

There was a Secret Invasion between those events, which if you read makes the jump seem much less random.

#25 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ReVamp said:

Pretty much.

Marvel's dont

There was a Secret Invasion between those events, which if you read makes the jump seem much less random.

Ah yes, True

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.