Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

The Avengers Prepare to Assemble For Comic-Con

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

A few weeks ago the word was out that Marvel Studios would not be bringing The Avengers to San Diego Comic-Con this year. After last year's first gathering of the cast, what could Marvel do this year to top it?

No Caption Provided

The movie has recently started filming. Chances are there isn't enough footage to show during a panel. We could get a teaser but would that really be worth the hassle for Marvel Studios to make the necessary arrangements during the craziness of Comic-Con? Speculation began that Disney was saving any new announcements for after Comic-Con.

The latest word now is Disney/Marvel will have a presence at Comic-Con, only it won't be quite what we're expecting.

== TEASER ==
    No Caption Provided

An inside source revealed to First Showing that there will be some heavy viral marketing going on. At this year's WonderCon, a website gave attendees the chance to get their own S.H.I.E.L.D. badges at an off-site location. It sounds like we may get more of that this year. There will also be set pieces on display at Marvel's booth, just as we saw last year (although what set pieces from The Avengers could we expect?). Instead of Odin's throne being at Marvel's booth, we might be seeing the SHIELD helicarrier bridge instead.

There's also the possibility that some of the cast, such as Chris Evans (Captain America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) might be showing up for signings at Marvel's booth. Obviously that will depend on each's availability.

It will feel weird not having an actual panel but it makes sense. Apparently Marvel is planning a midnight screening for Captain America: The First Avenger and the rumor is there will be a teaser trailer for The Avengers premiering before the movie. I would imagine trying to get into the screening will be close to insane.

All of this might not be a full fledged Hall H appearance but it's better than nothing. Also having a presence in Hall H will only reach the few thousand that are able to fit into the hall versus the rest of the attendees walking by Marvel's massive booth. We shall update you if there are any further developments.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

I'm not even really caring for the Avengers at this point, Iron Man2 was a weak sequel, Incredible Hulk was decent at best, Thor wasn't anything spectacular, and I'm not going to judge Cap yet. So way to go Marvel Studios at making mediocre movies, 

I'd much rather get info on the next Spidey movie
    Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Burnstar1230

Interesting...IDK. Unless they have enough footage to make a little teaser trailer, maybe with two of the Avengers on-screen at the same time, then it might be worth it to go to a midnight screening for Cap. Otherwise....meh.

Zhyrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zhyrax

Anything can happen. Would love to see that midnight screening though.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Y A W N

Bring on something new and exciting Comic Con, quit relying on the crap Marvel is pumping out!

Migz13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Migz13

Looking forward to that first glimpse of them all in one poster or at least a picture:D

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Aiden Cross

Teaser trailer for the Avengers movie would be nice. A long as it's not a quick shot of Cap, Pan back to Thor, Now let Iron Man fly in. But actually something exciting
    CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CRTrobinson

all these haters, I'm just stoked they are actually making an AVENGERS movie!!!!  Since when did we become entitled to everything, geez how about some good old fashioned excitement for a possibly epic film / experience.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Aiden Cross said:

Teaser trailer for the Avengers movie would be nice. A long as it's not a quick shot of Cap, Pan back to Thor, Now let Iron Man fly in. But actually something exciting

Showing the other new members? yeah actually that would be good!

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Aiden Cross
    @.Mistress Redhead.
    or the shield heli carrier or something ^_^
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

I so wish I could go. An Avengers teaser already? Probably just another Samuel L. Jackson voice over and maybe a screenshot of something that will be posted on the internet and us people have to try to make heads or tails of it by using nothing but speculation. 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
    @CRTrobinson said:
    all these haters, I'm just stoked they are actually making an AVENGERS movie!!!!  Since when did we become entitled to everything, geez how about some good old fashioned excitement for a possibly epic film / experience.
    I;m happy they're making an Avengers movie, I'm just saying Marvel Studios seems to let the quality of the films slip through, It seems like they rushed movies like Cap and Thor into production for the soul reason of making this movie, This movie could turn out like the GI Joe movie, or it could be epic greatness, I won't judge until I see it. I'm just saying ti seems like this the only film Marvel cares about, when I think the Spidey movie coming next year looks interesting
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By zombietag
    @CRTrobinson said:
    i wish there was more of this in the world
    fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fbdarkangel

Yay! I'm not even going but YAY! 

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Aamzing
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @cattlebattle said:
     I'm not even really caring for the Avengers at this point, Iron Man2 was a weak sequel, Incredible Hulk was decent at best, Thor wasn't anything spectacular, and I'm not going to judge Cap yet. So way to go Marvel Studios at making mediocre movies,   I'd much rather get info on the next Spidey movie
    So true.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By danhimself

the only thing that's upset me about comic-con is that I heard that there's going to be a Glee panel......wtf

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @cattlebattle said:
    I;m happy they're making an Avengers movie, I'm just saying Marvel Studios seems to let the quality of the films slip through, It seems like they rushed movies like Cap and Thor into production for the soul reason of making this movie, This movie could turn out like the GI Joe movie, or it could be epic greatness, I won't judge until I see it. I'm just saying ti seems like this the only film Marvel cares about, when I think the Spidey movie coming next year looks interesting
    Why would Marvel care about the Spider-man reboot? They care about the Avengers and their related movies because they're actually making those themselves, Spidey still belongs to Fox (is it Fox? Idk, point is it's not Marvel Studios, lol) 

Initially, I was kinda agreeing with your statement about rushing the movies into production. But when you think about it a little more... Marvel announced this whole Avengers plan around 2005/2006. That's when the movies started going into production. Whether Thor and Cap would've been binned if Iron Man wasn't such a success... I don't know. But really, how many years does it take to make a film? 

I'll agree on Hulk (though the sheer amount of trailers and clips I watched completely ruined that movie for me) but I thought Thor was a brilliant movie and I loved Iron Man 2 (save for one scene which makes me cringe every time and really should've been a deleted scene >.< where he saves the kid from the Hammer-bot? What, did the others stop chasing him for a second while he did that?) so I guess that's the main reason why I disagree :P 

Point is, the Avengers franchise are the only movies Marvel cares about because they are the only movies they are making. The more they promote movies like Spider-man and X-men, the more successful those movies are and the longer the movie rights to those characters stay out of Marvel Studios' reach.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cattlebattle
    @-Eclipse- said:
    @cattlebattle said:

Why would Marvel care about the Spider-man reboot? They care about the Avengers and their related movies because they're actually making those themselves, Spidey still belongs to Fox (is it Fox? Idk, point is it's not Marvel Studios, lol)  Initially, I was kinda agreeing with your statement about rushing the movies into production. But when you think about it a little more... Marvel announced this whole Avengers plan around 2005/2006. That's when the movies started going into production. Whether Thor and Cap would've been binned if Iron Man wasn't such a success... I don't know. But really, how many years does it take to make a film?  I'll agree on Hulk (though the sheer amount of trailers and clips I watched completely ruined that movie for me) but I thought Thor was a brilliant movie and I loved Iron Man 2 (save for one scene which makes me cringe every time and really should've been a deleted scene >.< where he saves the kid from the Hammer-bot? What, did the others stop chasing him for a second while he did that?) so I guess that's the main reason why I disagree :P  Point is, the Avengers franchise are the only movies Marvel cares about because they are the only movies they are making. The more they promote movies like Spider-man and X-men, the more successful those movies are and the longer the movie rights to those characters stay out of Marvel Studios' reach.
    It doesn't work like that....Marvel has a hand in producing any movie with their characters, and Sony currently has the rights to Spider-Man and the first 2 Spider-Man movies were better than anything put out by Marvel Studios. I don't think Marvel cares about their rights reverting back, they make money either way, with Marvel Studios they have more control over there movies,which isn't always a good thing

Iron Man 1 was awesome, but sadly Iron Man 2 just felt like a sequel "they had to make" rather then wanted too. The stakes didn't seem that much higher, the villain once again has his tech, the disease he had was cured by a magical solution, he didn't really have any life changing events happen by the end of the film...he just defeated the bad guy...the end. Personally I expected more
    MrGutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrGutts

@danhimself said:

the only thing that's upset me about comic-con is that I heard that there's going to be a Glee panel......wtf

SDCC is nothing but big media advertising there crap movies and brain washing kids to watch more garbage reality tv. You'll be lucky to even find anything comic related there anymore and if you do it's tucked away in some corner.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @cattlebattle: I used to think the Spider-man movies were really awesome, but now that I know the character and I'm not a kid anymore, I'm not such a fan. One of the biggest issues is a HUGE lack of humour. Peter's wisecracks are a big part of his character, whether its his battle strategy when it comes to distracting bad guys, or a coping mechanism for all the seriously messed up stuff that happens to him on a day-to-day basis. Remove the wisecracks and all you have is the angst. In the movies, I can only recall Spidey cracking wise twice. They were just a little too serious for me. I was hoping the reboot would fix that problem until I saw that, in the first teaser image they released, Peter looked more emo than ever... >_<

Although, one redeeming factor... J K Simmons as J Jonah Jameson remains, in my eyes, the best casting in any superhero movie ever made :P 

As for the Iron Man 2 thing, yeah it wasn't exactly the Dark Knight but that doesn't make it a bad movie. Personally I prefer it to the 1st one (though I'm a backwards freak who also prefers Batman Begins to TDK) and, as summer popcorn flicks go, it was a lot better than stuff like G.I. Joe or any of the Transformers movies.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cattlebattle
    @-Eclipse- said:
    @cattlebattle: I used to think the Spider-man movies were really awesome, but now that I know the character and I'm not a kid anymore, I'm not such a fan. One of the biggest issues is a HUGE lack of humour. Peter's wisecracks are a big part of his character, whether its his battle strategy when it comes to distracting bad guys, or a coping mechanism for all the seriously messed up stuff that happens to him on a day-to-day basis. Remove the wisecracks and all you have is the angst. In the movies, I can only recall Spidey cracking wise twice. They were just a little too serious for me. I was hoping the reboot would fix that problem until I saw that, in the first teaser image they released, Peter looked more emo than ever... >_< Although, one redeeming factor... J K Simmons as J Jonah Jameson remains, in my eyes, the best casting in any superhero movie ever made :P  As for the Iron Man 2 thing, yeah it wasn't exactly the Dark Knight but that doesn't make it a bad movie. Personally I prefer it to the 1st one (though I'm a backwards freak who also prefers Batman Begins to TDK) and, as summer popcorn flicks go, it was a lot better than stuff like G.I. Joe or any of the Transformers movies.
    Agreed times 2, I actually prefer Batman Begins over Dark Knight as well, and your right, they messed up Spideys character a bit, he was way more depressive and not as funny. I'm saying that the movies (1&2) as a whole (pacing, plot, acting,action) were all done very well.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Lvenger

The thing is they don't need to market the Avengers to us comic fans. We all want to and will go to see it. What Marvel needs to do is market the Avengers to the general audience who don't read comic books and make it accessible to them.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AlKusanagi

Wait, but Nathan Fillion's in Europe at the moment! How can they assemble without Joss' Ant-Man?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#24  Edited By The Impersonator

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!   

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aqua11500

They need to market this movie correctly.The Avengers aren't a as well known team as say the X-men, F4 or Justice League.Non comic book audiences are going to need more hype and information.I mean of course comic nerds like us are going to see it lol,but the general public might turn their noses up at the idea.Marvel is slowly but surely trying to bring the Avengers team to the forefront .The EMH cartoon is good start,breaking off into individual films to introduce the characters was a fantastic idea because it focused on them,you really get to know who they are and what they stand for.So by the time the Avengers movie arrives the general public eye will already have had enough back ground info on the main characters. 

It's different from the first X-men movie where we just jumped straight into the characters and an already struggling conflict,you'll know the team members individually without really having to grasp each one while its a huge ensemble cast 
    Ironman wasn't that big until 08 when he got his solo movie,Thor was nobody to the general public until his movie dropped back in May..EVERYBODY knows Hulk, im a marvel and a general comic fan, but is still dont know enough about Hawkeye.I don't follow really Black Widow either,so this would be great for me to explore the Avengers world a bit easier,because im mostly an X-men fan and mutant lover. 

I know me as a woman ..to be honest personally a bit disappointing in the casting,the only superheroes i might be able to just identify in terms of a strong woman is Widow,and i have a feeling shes going be a damsel to Hawkeye or something.Im disappointed that they didn't add Carol or Wasp(<<no matter how lame her power is lol)They could have asked Fox to borrow Wanda,even though she belongs to the X-world originally as a mutant.. *sigh*  

Lots of eye candy doe the ladies though ;) 

Hemsworth,Chris Evans,Renner....sexy!!!!!!!! lmao

Im ready for Avengers,The new Spider-man movie and X4 and X5 ,Dr.Strange,Thor 2..bring it!  

I am a Marvel fan period,and im not one of those whiny ass dorks who care about the movie rights.As long as Marvel or Marvel and whoever they are in partnership with are putting out good quality movies, then i support it. So Marvel and Paramount bring on the Avengers! Marvel and Sony bring on a new Spider-man series(still like the old one with Toby though :(  )  Marvel and Fox bring on some more X stories!!!!!!!

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Sobe Cin

How about a new x-men cartoon or fantastic four or hell even a Heroes for Hire cartoon. I'm sick of comic book movies- that's all there is anymore. I'm a big fan of comics and they can do so much more with a cartoon than with a two hour movie. And besides the only part of The avengers movie I'm looking forward too is Hawkeye, the rest is just meh.  

For a movie directed by Kenneth Brannagh (one of my favorites) Thor wasn't that extraordinary. Yes I loved Loki, but that was about it. There was way too much going on and at the same time not a damn thing happened that made the movie move forward. The interraction between Thor and Jane Foster was good- Heimdell was pretty cool, but the warriors three were blah- at least Fandral looked like he does in the comics- and had the sex appeal for the one woman in the movie he seemed to get his hands on. I had no problem with Hogun's casting and Volstaff was weak and unassuming- the actor did a better Job with Dagonet in King Arthur and was a more menacing Punisher. They should have had James Gandolfini in the roll. 

X-Men was awesome except for Havok and what occured with Darwin. 

As for Cap- I want to see it but at the same time I'd rather watch Transformers again. Or a second helping of Harry potter once the final movie comes out. 

Also instead of spending the money on the big budget ventures into film- why don't you put that to good use and help consilidate the marvel comic universe instead. Help rebuild the comics- don't rely on the movies to sell the comics- SELL the comics for the sake of the comics.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By TheMess1428

I work at the San Diego Convention Center in the Concessions department. I have to work all 5 days. I will be tweeting information after I get off each day. Including preview night. So if you want to know some insider info from off the show room floor, you can follow me at http://twitter.com/MrMessyFace

DrKhaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DrKhaos

Well i think most of the Marvel movies are pretty cool. And i dont share the pessimism most of the people here so lets just wait and see what happens. What about a Justice League movie and Flash?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Thunderscream
    @Sobe Cin said:
    As for Cap- I want to see it but at the same time I'd rather watch Transformers again.
    The Transformer movies are craptastic. Enjoy that.
    UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By UnclePappyWolf

It's Kind of offensive that these Major film companies thought that we would watch anything they brought to comic con good or bad and make it a hit and now when that doesn't happen for every single film they peddle and play little clips of at comic con that they are somehow going to punish comic con attendees by not showing anything to fans who love the properties. A movie can have wonderful clips and great visuals but we don't get to see the actual films until they come out so the buzz may be high but if the word gets out that its bad we don't all just keep seeing these movies. Especially since times are rough with the economy one has to be selective about which film they have the money to see in the theater and which ones they will watch via Netflix or rental. 

There has been a lot of talk and blame by these film companies, say that  "Scott Pilgrim vs the World" failure at the box office was because of Comic Con crowds not supporting the film. When the truth is, if it wasn't for Comic Con Crowds telling non Nerd-types to watch it - it would not have made the money it did make. And the DVD sales were very good from fans who loved that movie. Imagine what that film would have done if they had not showed it to con. So I don't buy this excuse that these films do not get a major boost from comic con. But these companies who once woo'ed the comic con crowd and now find us beneath them, need to know we are not automatons who just buy any crap you throw up on a screen or looks like it might be good because you showed us a 5 min clip. The movie has to still be good when its in the theater.
     This Marvel/Disney Nightmare merger is not something I ever really thought was a good idea. Disney tends to sit on their properties forever and take little risk with them. They rest on their laurels of past film hits and haven't done anything really new for quite some time. Look how long they have had the Muppets and the Jim Henson creature shop for well over 15 years and until this new movie we saw 1 Muppet movie (Muppet from Space) and Mirror Mask! Look how long it took Disney to update Star Tours. Lucas was willing to do the changes ages ago. IF it wasn't for them purchasing Pixar they would not be doing as well as they are.  So if they want to dis Comic Con fans that is their right but just don't come begging us if it doesn't work out and no one sees your films.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31  Edited By Decept-O

Can I be on the opposite side of all the naysayers and state I look forward to The Avengers movie? It would be fantastic if Marvel/Disney look into the other Marvel properties as had been previously mentioned on Comic Vine for movies, or even animated movies. Plenty more for fans to see, and I hope the Marvel/Disney studios take advantage of the fact plenty of us are waiting with baited breath!

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ARMIV

...Okay, still a little bit uncomfortable seeing Disney before Marvel. It doesn't always have to be there does it?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

not gonna lie, they actually DO look like the Avengers in that screen shot, Tony/Robert striking a ridiculous pose, Thor/Chris taller than all the rest!

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Avengers Yeah! I'm gonna need to get that fix since Earth's Mightiest Heroes finale.
    VSG413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By VSG413

I'm actually interested more in the DC revamp than  the Avengers movie at this point. Plus I want hear about the next Superman movie. Is Doomsday really going to be in the movie and I'm a Justice League guy not a Avengers.
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Sure would like to go to that. Grrr..maybe someday

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By PowerHerc

Very cool.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eyz

Nice! :)
    They already had their presence last year. With the movie closing in slowly, it was only natural for 'em to be back :)

CrisTocK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CrisTocK

i just read they are showing the first triler of the movie so lets wait and see

Avatar image for fearlessmontano
    fearlessmontano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fearlessmontano
    @cattlebattle: ...if you dident care about the avengers, you wouldnt have found this page and you wouldnt have commented on it...go back to your cheap spiderman reboot and stop whinning...cant wait to see spiderman get bit by a spider all over again...yeah...lol....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.