Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Discussion Thread

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#201  Edited By X35

@Greendevil said:

@X35 said:

Images of the new fan favorite character starring in this Sunday's ep...

Just saw it. Was nice to see his story. Just a bit disappointed at how short it was. I hope he sticks around!

Well they did say as much that he'd be back to help Thor and the Asgardians fight Surtur.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By cattlebattle

Beta Ray Bill FTMFEW!!

I could do without him and Thor doing everything in tandem though....what are they supposed to be, a circus act??

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#203  Edited By Deranged Midget

That was an AWESOME episode! Beta Ray Bill was written and portrayed excellently and I'm glad they dedicated an entire episode to Thor and Asgard. It was a long time coming.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#204  Edited By Gambit1024

Am I the only one who smiled whenever the name "Scuttlebutt" was mentioned?

Anyway, it was ok. Third best episode so far.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Gambit1024

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

What are your first 2 favs?

1. Ant-Man and the Heroes for Hire

2. Secret Invasion Intro

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#206  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024 said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

What are your first 2 favs?

1. Ant-Man and the Heroes for Hire

2. Secret Invasion Intro

Why did I immediately know the Ant Man one was going to be your fave lol? Good choices though. My favourites of Season 2 are:

1. The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill

2. The Private War of Doctor Doom

3. The Secret Invasion Intro

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#207  Edited By X35

I don't like what they're doing with Amora.........she is nobody's servant...and never should be...........plus it's kinda similar to what happened with her sister Lorelei and Seth........

Lorelei by Mike Deodato Jr.
    Lorelei by Mike Deodato Jr.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger: Because Ant-Man's a boss.

And I really liked the Dr. Doom episode too. I'd tie it for my third favorite.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Twentyfive said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Moonchilde said:

I just recently discovered this show, catching up on episodes on Disney.go.com, so a bit behind but so far I really enjoy it. Probably the best super-hero related show since Justice League Unlimited. I can't stand the theme-song though.

YJ is better

Yeah right. YJ is only pretty. If you get past that, you see a boring, very slow-paced teen drama with superheroes. Avengers action packed, and fast paced. Avengers is a love letter to generations of comic fans.

YJ is slow-paced to let the story come out. Has way more suspense and cliff hangers.

Avengers is just purely for kids.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Jnr6Lil said:

I have to disagree with this. EMH is definitely not as story centric as say Young Justice or LoK but it definitely isn't targeted solely towards children.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Twentyfive

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Twentyfive said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Moonchilde said:

I just recently discovered this show, catching up on episodes on Disney.go.com, so a bit behind but so far I really enjoy it. Probably the best super-hero related show since Justice League Unlimited. I can't stand the theme-song though.

YJ is better

Yeah right. YJ is only pretty. If you get past that, you see a boring, very slow-paced teen drama with superheroes. Avengers action packed, and fast paced. Avengers is a love letter to generations of comic fans.

YJ is slow-paced to let the story come out. Has way more suspense and cliff hangers.

I know it is practically pointless to assert one's opinions online, but let me put it like this. YJ spends way too much time on important plot points, that when revelation time comes, nobody feels surprised.

(SPOILER-ish)

Red Arrow being the mole did not surprise me because I already knew who it was because this show spent way too much time hyping up that mole storyline that it couldn't be anyone else but him (they wanted a wow factor). And when Megan revealed 'I know what the League did during the missing 16 hours', it was only revealed that they went on a rampage. Come on. YJ spends too much time on relationships, and boring stories. There is hardly enough action per episode imo.

Avengers on the other hand, is a letter to those who read Marvel comics back then. Each episode, or arc is beautifully translated into 20 something minute segments. They don't waste time trying to find everyone a girlfriend or boyfriend because these are adult characters with established backgrounds. The action sequences are longer as well.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#212  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Gambit1024 said:

The Ant-Man episode I believe did the character true justice, the why they explained his powers just showed that he's not a useless character and that his powers aren't as "lame" as most people think they are.

The episode with Doctor Doom was epic, I love that he took on both the Avengers and FF and didn't even flinch! DOOM IS BOSS!!! ^__^
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#213  Edited By Primmaster64

When's Bucky gonna come up?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64 said:
    Not until after the Skrull arc....the next episode is Red Hulk, the one after that is Cap....err...real Cap escaping from captivity <---see what I did there, and after that is Black Panther centric dealing with the invasion
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cattlebattle said:
    @Primmaster64 said:
    Not until after the Skrull arc....the next episode is Red Hulk, the one after that is Cap....err...real Cap escaping from captivity <---see what I did there, and after that is Black Panther centric dealing with the invasion
    I though he was part of the arc.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    @Primmaster64 said:

I though he was part of the arc.
    I think the second sesaon is split into two arcs, the skrull invasion being the first part, the second is likely to be something involving the Thanos Quest/Infinity War story arcs
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cattlebattle: Thanos?
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @cattlebattle: Thanos?
    yeah, and the Infinity Gauntlet
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cattlebattle: ..proof.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @cattlebattle: ..proof.
    What are you a lawyer?

I am guessing due to interviews before the season started the creators said, that this season the Avengers would prove their the universes mightiest heroes, as opposed to the first season, where they just fought mostly earth based battles.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cattlebattle: LOL Thanks
    NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By NyxEquitis

@cattlebattle said:

@Primmaster64 said:

Not questioning you, but I'm just curious as to where you heard all that?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By cattlebattle
    @NyxEquitis said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Primmaster64 said:

Not questioning you, but I'm just curious as to where you heard all that?

The episode list....
    NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By NyxEquitis

@cattlebattle: Ok, the last time I checked it it had the Beta Ray Bill episode as the latest to be revealed.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I have to disagree with this. EMH is definitely not as story centric as say Young Justice or LoK but it definitely isn't targeted solely towards children.

It's on Disney and the animation style and storylines proves this is meant for children. @Twentyfive said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Twentyfive said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Moonchilde said:

YJ is better

I know it is practically pointless to assert one's opinions online, but let me put it like this. YJ spends way too much time on important plot points, that when revelation time comes, nobody feels surprised.

(SPOILER-ish)

Red Arrow being the mole did not surprise me because I already knew who it was because this show spent way too much time hyping up that mole storyline that it couldn't be anyone else but him (they wanted a wow factor). And when Megan revealed 'I know what the League did during the missing 16 hours', it was only revealed that they went on a rampage. Come on. YJ spends too much time on relationships, and boring stories. There is hardly enough action per episode imo.

Avengers on the other hand, is a letter to those who read Marvel comics back then. Each episode, or arc is beautifully translated into 20 something minute segments. They don't waste time trying to find everyone a girlfriend or boyfriend because these are adult characters with established backgrounds. The action sequences are longer as well.

Relationships, boring stories? Remember that YJ deals with teams and they have to put in that element. Add that to the fact that the Team themselves are really pure espionage as stated a while back when the show first started "covert ops"

Haven't seen much from Avengers but action.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

It's on Disney and the animation style and storylines proves this is meant for children.

That's a childish retort at best. The animation style isn't exactly ground-breaking, but it's simple and easy to replicate for each episode so it has it's benefits. The story-line's draw inspiration from some of the best Avengers stories Marvel has to offer and have more than enough adult themes to please either crowd. I assume you find this childish as well? As if the teenage drama that Young Justice provides isn't childish and immature, which in turn, is completely directed to children and young teenagers alike.

I get it, you find EMH completely inferior to Young Justice, that's fine. But at least have a logical reasoning behind it besides "animation sucks".

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Deranged Midget said:

As if the teenage drama that Young Justice provides isn't childish and immature, which in turn, is completely directed to children and young teenagers alike.

Young Justice gets away with a lot of Pg-13 material...more than Avengers even attempts, I will admit they are both aimed at multiple age groups but I think the majority of older viewers (twenties) without any kind of bias for characters/company are more prone to enjoy Young Justice as opposed to Avengers
    allisonwild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By allisonwild

This sounds great! Been looking for a new one to get into.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Deranged Midget

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

As if the teenage drama that Young Justice provides isn't childish and immature, which in turn, is completely directed to children and young teenagers alike.

Young Justice gets away with a lot of Pg-13 material...more than Avengers even attempts, I will admit they are both aimed at multiple age groups but I think the majority of older viewers (twenties) without any kind of bias for characters/company are more prone to enjoy Young Justice as opposed to Avengers

I don't have reason to dispute that considering I as well, very much enjoy Young Justice as well as EMH. But to refer to EMH as simply "childish" due to it airing on a Disney station and having a more simplified art style is ridiculous. Marvel is owned by Disney, where else would they be placed?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

I don't have reason to dispute that considering I as well, very much enjoy Young Justice as well as EMH. But to refer to EMH as simply "childish" due to it airing on a Disney station and having a more simplified art style is ridiculous. Marvel is owned by Disney, where else would they be placed?

LOL, that was the other guys argument...not mine....

I am just quasi backing him up by saying the overall theme and some stories and dialogue of Young Justice feel a bit mature than Avengers......I like both shows, but Avengers feels like its kissing the fans asses sometimes...YJ takes chances and wins IMO
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#231  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Honestly...this season of EMH has been "meh" it doesn't seem as well connected as season one, and many of the episodes (especially the third one where Tony and crew are trapped in Stark Tower) are kinda boring. Hopefully with more Skrull involvement it will pick up.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Deranged Midget

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

LOL, that was the other guys argument...not mine.... I am just quasi backing him up by saying the overall theme and some stories and dialogue of Young Justice feel a bit mature than Avengers......I like both shows, but Avengers feels like its kissing the fans asses sometimes...YJ takes chances and wins IMO

Lmao I apologize. But is it really a crime to appeal to fans? As opposed to when they drift too far away from source material and everyone trips the f*ck out? *cough* Ultimate Spider-man *cough*

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Deranged Midget said:

Lmao I apologize. But is it really a crime to appeal to fans? As opposed to when they drift too far away from source material and everyone trips the f*ck out? *cough* Ultimate Spider-man *cough*

No crime...I actually enjoy when the material is adapted loosely, I like the X-Men films Young Justcie etc... 

I mean it seems like the do too much fan service with silly stuff..

The Avengers had really top grade episodes like Gamma World...but then has episodes like part 2 of the Kang Dynasty, and the Doctor Doom episode.....which was basically a twenty minute action sequence, they could have written some good stories to accompany what was going on. They don't seem to take any chances either, they kept Hulk on as a permanent member, regardless of him only having membership in the comics briefly, they seem to just have done it so the kids will like Hulk and buy some "Hulk Hands" toys
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Deranged Midget

@cattlebattle: Fair enough, I can agree with the majority of that.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Gambit1024

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

The Ant-Man episode I believe did the character true justice, the why they explained his powers just showed that he's not a useless character and that his powers aren't as "lame" as most people think they are. The episode with Doctor Doom was epic, I love that he took on both the Avengers and FF and didn't even flinch! DOOM IS BOSS!!! ^__^

Hell yeah on both accounts! ^_^

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

It's on Disney and the animation style and storylines proves this is meant for children.

That's a childish retort at best. The animation style isn't exactly ground-breaking, but it's simple and easy to replicate for each episode so it has it's benefits. The story-line's draw inspiration from some of the best Avengers stories Marvel has to offer and have more than enough adult themes to please either crowd. I assume you find this childish as well? As if the teenage drama that Young Justice provides isn't childish and immature, which in turn, is completely directed to children and young teenagers alike.

I get it, you find EMH completely inferior to Young Justice, that's fine. But at least have a logical reasoning behind it besides "animation sucks".

Animation can make a show more worse then another. I just think Avengers is kiddie which it's proven to be. Teenage drama can actually be mature.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Animation can make a show more worse then another. I just think Avengers is kiddie which it's proven to be. Teenage drama can actually be mature.

Or it could be immensely repetitive and/or annoying. But to each their own I guess.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Or it could be immensely repetitive and/or annoying. But to each their own I guess.

It can be unique

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Jnr6Lil: It can be, I'll give you that.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Deranged Midget: Thanks and Avengers can sometimes be more mature as in the Ultron storyline

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Jnr6Lil: I'll agree that most times yes, Avengers can be more childish but some story-lines involve more maturity.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Deranged Midget: As with Ultron

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Jnr6Lil: Indeed, although what Loeb is currently doing with EMH is currently dumbing down the second season IMO.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Deranged Midget: Haven't been paying attention to the show much. What went on in Season 1 hasn't kept me tuned to watch Season 2.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Jnr6Lil: It's been on and off, taking more focus onto the Skrull invasion story-line and there have been a few episodes regarding single characters such as a focus on Ant-man (Scott Lang), and most recently Thor and Asgard.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Deranged Midget: Never been a big fan of alien threat storylines

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#247  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I can't wait for the Spider-Man episode.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Nova`Prime`

My only real complaint about the show is that they are doing way to much to fast, to many Earth is doomed story lines. I am hoping after the Secret Invasion episodes they go back to doing some team building and character focused story. I also hope they introduce more Avengers or more characters in general.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Deranged Midget

@The Stegman said:

I can't wait for the Spider-Man episode.

Too bad we have to wait a while :|

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Nova`Prime` said:

My only real complaint about the show is that they are doing way to much to fast, to many Earth is doomed story lines. I am hoping after the Secret Invasion episodes they go back to doing some team building and character focused story. I also hope they introduce more Avengers or more characters in general.

Agreed

And I heard they're doing an Avengers Unlimited episode

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.