Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Discussion Thread

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#151  Edited By X35

@TheAnnihilator said:

@X35: I wish I remembered that! That's a little past my time though. He reminds me of Doctor Who.

EDIT: Just saw that you said the thing about Doctor Who too:p

He was so damn awesome and Doctor Who-esque in the 80s. I honestly think that would be the absolute best direction to take the character. Really run with the Scientist Supreme stuff and set him apart from all the other size changers.

Some scans from back then... included the aforementioned Hank Pym vs. a Dragon with SCIENCE!!... and Hank Pym vs. an Olympian God!

I mean, seriously, the quirky Scientist Supreme Dr. Pym could easily find a fanbase.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#152  Edited By Gambit1024

@X35: Just as long as he gets the recognition he rightfully deserves, I'm open to anything that'll widen his fanbase (cause right here on CV, there's only like, 10 of us). And... Dat dragon scan... O_O I'm in love with him and you, lol.

@TheAnnihilator: Edgar Wright is more than capable of making Ant-Man work (I mean, did you see Scott Pilgrim?), but come on. It's seriously been four years of "Yeah, we're working on the script." I haven't been reading the new Defenders series, so I really can't comment on that. How's he being handled?

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@X35 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@X35: I wish I remembered that! That's a little past my time though. He reminds me of Doctor Who.

EDIT: Just saw that you said the thing about Doctor Who too:p

He was so damn awesome and Doctor Who-esque in the 80s. I honestly think that would be the absolute best direction to take the character. Really run with the Scientist Supreme stuff and set him apart from all the other size changers.

Some scans from back then... included the aforementioned Hank Pym vs. a Dragon with SCIENCE!!... and Hank Pym vs. an Olympian God!

I mean, seriously, the quirky Scientist Supreme Dr. Pym could easily find a fanbase.

Those are awesome:DD!

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Gambit1024 said:

@X35: Just as long as he gets the recognition he rightfully deserves, I'm open to anything that'll widen his fanbase (cause right here on CV, there's only like, 10 of us). And... Dat dragon scan... O_O I'm in love with him and you, lol.

@TheAnnihilator: Edgar Wright is more than capable of making Ant-Man work (I mean, did you see Scott Pilgrim?), but come on. It's seriously been four years of "Yeah, we're working on the script." I haven't been reading the new Defenders series, so I really can't comment on that. How's he being handled?

It's kind of meh. The writing isn't all there. The characters and stories could both be handled better. It is improving though.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By X35

@TheAnnihilator: @Gambit1024: Actually they finished writing the script for the Ant-Man film a while ago. They've been waiting on the studio to actually commit to it for like a year. Joe Cornish, the co-writer, talked about it a few times on his radio show... they've apparently been too involved with the likes of Thor, Captain America and the Avengers films to look into the logistics of an Ant-Man film.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Gambit1024

@X35: Seriously? Had no idea. Well, Fiege did say something about Ant-Man in one of his latest interviews, so... hopefully within five years?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#157  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Gambit1024 said:

@cattlebattle: For the longest time I've been saying and explaining that Hank is extremely underrated and, if handled correctly, his powerset can be a force to be reckoned with. I think it's about time they gave the character some love (even if it wasn't Hank, but Scott is fantastic too). I'm telling you: If screenwriters just payed attention and did some research, Ant-Man/Giant Man can be the next big thing (no pun intended).

And am I really the only one who thought the premier was awesome? Dr. Doom was handled very well, IMO.

Yeah, before hand I thought the only way they could make an Ant Man movie was to have it kind of comedic, like maybe how Green Lantern was or even campy like Spider-Man, but with an episode like this, it shows with a good writer that Ant Man could be a great sci fi epic as opposed to another generic super hero film....but knowing Hollywood, they will make into the latter.

I could write a blog about it...but this show is kind of hit or miss with me, sometimes they have amazing episodes sometimes they have meh......The Doctor Doom episode was cool, but it wasn't really anything to swoon at story wise...it was just twenty minutes of fan service like "Hey look fanboys, Hulk and Thing don't get along" and "Watch Doctor Doom job everyone with almost zero banter to progress the story....Its just twenty minutes of action for fanboys. It isn't always the case with EMH though, they do have really great episodes like this current one and Gamma World is one of the gems of the first season I believe....depends on which writers they have I guess
    TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@cattlebattle: For the longest time I've been saying and explaining that Hank is extremely underrated and, if handled correctly, his powerset can be a force to be reckoned with. I think it's about time they gave the character some love (even if it wasn't Hank, but Scott is fantastic too). I'm telling you: If screenwriters just payed attention and did some research, Ant-Man/Giant Man can be the next big thing (no pun intended).

And am I really the only one who thought the premier was awesome? Dr. Doom was handled very well, IMO.

Yeah, before hand I thought the only way they could make an Ant Man movie was to have it kind of comedic, like maybe how Green Lantern was or even campy like Spider-Man, but with an episode like this, it shows with a good writer that Ant Man could be a great sci fi epic as opposed to another generic super hero film....but knowing Hollywood, they will make into the latter. I could write a blog about it...but this show is kind of hit or miss with me, sometimes they have amazing episodes sometimes they have meh......The Doctor Doom episode was cool, but it wasn't really anything to swoon at story wise...it was just twenty minutes of fan service like "Hey look fanboys, Hulk and Thing don't get along" and "Watch Doctor Doom job everyone with almost zero banter to progress the story....Its just twenty minutes of action for fanboys. It isn't always the case with EMH though, they do have really great episodes like this current one and Gamma World is one of the gems of the first season I believe....depends on which writers they have I guess

I don't think fan service is the best term to use here, if you catch my drift.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By cattlebattle
    @TheAnnihilator said:

@cattlebattle said:

Fine...I'll call it lazy writing then....
    TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@cattlebattle said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@cattlebattle said:

Fine...I'll call it lazy writing then....

It could be. I just like the Fantastic Four so much that I found the Hulk/Thing situations humorous and it is a kid's show after all, so it's gotta have the slapstick in there for the youngsters.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By cattlebattle
    @TheAnnihilator said:

It could be. I just like the Fantastic Four so much that I found the Hulk/Thing situations humorous and it is a kid's show after all, so it's gotta have the slapstick in there for the youngsters.

True...I am referring more to the episodes, a handful actually, in both season that are just twenty minute action scenes primarily....with a rich cast like the one they have, you would figure they could have more consistently engaging stories.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Gambit1024

@cattlebattle: I have to say that I agree with that, but then again, this show isn't the only one with useless filler episodes (coughYoungJusticecough). Still though, with decades of engaging stories to choose from and introductions to countless awesome characters, you'd think they'd take advantage of what they've got.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@cattlebattle: @Gambit1024: I think they're doing a good job so far with telling some great Marvel stories while keeping it interesting for children too. I'm interested to see how this season is going to continue to build to Secret Invasion and how long it will take. Now that I think about it, there are some episodes I didn't like for the reasons you mentioned. Like the one where AIM attacked Stark Industries.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Gambit1024

@TheAnnihilator: There's not a doubt in my mind that once the Avengers know what's up with the Skrulls, the season will certainly pick up. It's just episodes like that AIM one you mentioned that bother me.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Gambit1024 said:

@TheAnnihilator: There's not a doubt in my mind that once the Avengers know what's up with the Skrulls, the season will certainly pick up. It's just episodes like that AIM one you mentioned that bother me.

Every show has some kind of filler, Its just that even when you have filler your supposed to develop something at least, a plot line, a character...something. Look at the second episode of the Kang Dynasty...twenty minutes of the Avengers fighting pace ships only for for Tony Stark to figure out the mothership isn't on earth?!? Same with the Doom episode, twenty minutes just so Doom could see Invisible Woman was a skrull.....It would have been more interesting if Wasp was the skrull being she is a more meaningful character on the show
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Jnr6Lil

This show barely comes on. I only saw Acts of Vengeance so far of Season 2

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Gambit1024

Pretty good episode this morning. I had no idea Rocket Raccoon had an Aussie accent. Makes him even better, lol.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By cattlebattle

@Gambit1024 said:

Pretty good episode this morning. I had no idea Rocket Raccoon had an Aussie accent. Makes him even better, lol.

Its a "cockney" british accent actually

The Korvac episode is exactly what I was talking about with lacklust episodes, very rushed, and Ms. marvel was in it just for kicks, she really didn't do anything in the episode, nice to see the Guardians animated, even if it wasn't the original GotG
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Gambit1024

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Well, either way. I want more GotG.

Fzyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Fzyx

Hopefully this show doesn't get cancelled before the main plot about the Secret Invasion takes place. Currently, 13 episodes are done but someone else took over and they may cancel this series that actually has a storyline and replace it with another Avengers show that doesn't and tells random stories just like Ultimate Spiderman.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skrulls!!!

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By X35

@Gambit1024 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Noooo, it was definitely Australian, "mate".

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By cattlebattle
    @X35 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Noooo, it was definitely Australian, "mate".

British people also say mate...thats a stereotype to assume only Australians say it. I guess Greg Ellis, who distinctly said he voiced him in a cockney british accent, was lying....also, Rocket Raccoon is a reference to Beatles song "Rocky Raccoon".....yup I am going to go ahead and say your wrong....it was definitely british cockney accent
    X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By X35

@cattlebattle: The Beatles weren't cockney... ¬_¬

It definitely sounded more Australian than cockney. Down to how he even said the word "mate"... he put more emphasis on the AY rather than the TUH. Aussies say mAYte, British say maTUH.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By cattlebattle
    @X35 said:

@cattlebattle: The Beatles weren't cockney... ¬_¬

It definitely sounded more Australian than cockney. Down to how he even said the word "mate"... he put more emphasis on the AY rather than the TUH. Aussies say mAYte, British say maTUH.

I never said the Beatles have cockney accents....I just said Rocket Raccoon is a reference to a BRITISH bands song... hence, not Australian

I don't know what the semantics of the accent are I just know it sounded cockney and it was confirmed by the voice actor that he voiced him in one
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#176  Edited By Loki9876

This episode makes me want a GotG movie

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

I just recently discovered this show, catching up on episodes on Disney.go.com, so a bit behind but so far I really enjoy it. Probably the best super-hero related show since Justice League Unlimited. I can't stand the theme-song though.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Gambit1024

@Loki9876 said:

This episode makes me want a GotG movie

Me too

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#179  Edited By Primmaster64

Is Bucky there yet?

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By desmond006

After watching the episode with Dr. Doom it seems like they should put Black Panther in charge. Hes pretty much as smart as Ironman and as good of a fighter as Cap.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Moonchilde said:

I just recently discovered this show, catching up on episodes on Disney.go.com, so a bit behind but so far I really enjoy it. Probably the best super-hero related show since Justice League Unlimited. I can't stand the theme-song though.

YJ is better

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#183  Edited By TheCannon
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Gambit1024

Secret Invasion looks like it's shaping well. Good thing they aren't using Spider-Woman like they did in the comics.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#185  Edited By htb106

this show's gonna get way more viewers thanks to the avengers movie!

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By X35

@htb106 said:

It's a shame really since they're so intent on cancelling it for some shitty Ultimate Avengers crap. ¬_¬

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By TheCannon

@X35 said:

@htb106 said:

It's a shame really since they're so intent on cancelling it for some shitty Ultimate Avengers crap. ¬_¬

Those are only rumors!

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#188  Edited By Bestostero

@TheCannon said:

@Death Certificate said:

I like how skrulls are playing with everybody even

Nick Fury doesn't know that mockingbird is the skrull queen.

I didn't know either. That was a nice little curveball they threw at us.

How are you certain? He probably does know, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that he already knows so readily.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By TheCannon

@Bestostero said:

@TheCannon said:

@Death Certificate said:

I like how skrulls are playing with everybody even

Nick Fury doesn't know that mockingbird is the skrull queen.

I didn't know either. That was a nice little curveball they threw at us.

How are you certain? He probably does know, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that he already knows so readily.

Good point. It will be interesting to see how this happens, along with the Skrull Captain America and the Skrull Invisivle Woman.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By X35

Did anyone else catch the first appearance of Scarlet Witch this week?

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@X35: Good eye, completely missed it when watching the episode

Protoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#192  Edited By Protoon

@X35: That would suck!! One of the things I love about the cartoon is how "old-school Marvel" it feels, if that makes sense. The Marvel of old is the Marvel I love.

Also, thanks so much for the pic of Wanda!

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By X35

@Protoon: If you like that, you might like this. xD

Protoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#194  Edited By Protoon

@X35: I'm in awe. You rock!

I'm especially happy they did a Hypno Hustler cameo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2eacdb35fa3
    deactivated-5a2eacdb35fa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else find that Season Two seems less fluid and connected from episode to episode than Season One?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Twentyfive

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Moonchilde said:

YJ is better

Yeah right. YJ is only pretty. If you get past that, you see a boring, very slow-paced teen drama with superheroes. Avengers action packed, and fast paced. Avengers is a love letter to generations of comic fans.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By X35
    Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Greendevil
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode is nice catch up with Thor.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By TheCannon

Loved Sunday's episode. Almost made up for the fact Thor has barely appeared all season. ALMOST.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.