'The Avengers: Battle For Earth' E3 2012 Debut Trailer [Update]

• 95 results
#51 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww Storm dont go with the Avengers its the mutants that should inherit the Earth

#52 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11523 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApatheticAvenger said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Because Spidey can totally take out Mag-freaking-neto with a single kick. >_>

Actually it kinda seems legit. If Mags was caught off guard I mean.

For a guy who's taken punches from Colossus? Not buying it.

If he's taken hits from Colussus WITHOUT HIS SHIELDS then that is straight P.I.S. There's no way that an old man with human level durability could survived that.
#53 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

Not for me.

#54 Posted by G-Man (30660 posts) - - Show Bio

UPDATE

Check out the screenshots added to the original post.

Staff
#55 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes they have, it appears far too bright and the characters seem over simplified in some way.

#56 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Actually it kinda seems legit. If Mags was caught off guard I mean.

For a guy who's taken punches from Colossus? Not buying it.

If he's taken hits from Colussus WITHOUT HIS SHIELDS then that is straight P.I.S. There's no way that an old man with human level durability could survived that.

PIS huh? Even when it was consistently shown that he was capable of such feats during Chris Claremont's tenure? Magneto is no mere human when it comes to his durability, he's taken attacks that would have killed lesser men. His electromagnetic powers go beyond his force fields, enhancing his body to superhuman levels. We're talking about a guy who's level of stamina is sufficient enough that he could use his powers to hold a CELESTIAL together for an extended period of time (granted, he would have died had he done it much longer, but that makes it no less impressive).

He didn't drop by the way, he went on to defeat the entire team single-handedly.
#57 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11523 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApatheticAvenger: How do his powers make his body superhuman? (If it involves science, please explain to where It's easy too understand.) Has there been any other instances he has been hit by powerhouses of Colossus's lvl? At first I was thinking his armor could protect him but I doubted it. Also by chance couldn't he have held Colossus back because of his metal skin?
#58 Edited by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@ApatheticAvenger: How do his powers make his body superhuman? (If it involves science, please explain to where It's easy too understand.) Has there been any other instances he has been hit by powerhouses of Colossus's lvl? At first I was thinking his armor could protect him but I doubted it. Also by chance couldn't he have held Colossus back because of his metal skin?

Colossus notes that Magneto isn't using his powers, he's punching him with the intention of not letting him focus. Magneto's armor does protect him to a degree, but channeling his powers through his body is what enhances his strength and durability.

No, it doesn't involve real science. To paraphrase Grant Morrison, it's a damn comic and the laws of the real world don't apply. :P

#59 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

Amazing Spiderman> this game

AGREED.

#60 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, looks like a one on one fighter. The graphics are very lacking, but I'm still waiting on gameplay.

#61 Posted by Tony_Shark (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@SadiaVicious said:

They need to make MUA3.

By the way, Bleeding Edge at the end? Awesome.

Awesome indeed.

#62 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw Kinect and Wii-U and immediately lost interest.

#63 Posted by Bobzenub (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I have serious doubts about this. It seems like a cheap cash-in which was pushed because of the overwhelming success of the Avengers movie. The trailer looks nice, but I promised myself I won't hype anything before I see actual gameplay... What I can say this early: I'm not a fan of the art style and graphics quality, but again, I need to see it in motion.

#64 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I have gameplay screenshots!

#65 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't actually play this game because I don't have a kinect or a wii U, it does seem to be mostly about the film avengers then since they used the film's logo.

#66 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

At least this game doesn't utilize a "wonderful" book to play it...

#67 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

Those screenshots sadly fail in comparison to the trailer...the trailer had me very interested, but the more I hear about this game and the more I learn the less I actually want to get it.

#68 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Eh, want to see some gameplay.

exactly trailers mean jack squat to me anymore. you can have the best CG and the lamest gameplay. *Cough* Final Fantasy 13 *Cough* *Cough*

Indeed.

#69 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Those screenshots sadly fail in comparison to the trailer...the trailer had me very interested, but the more I hear about this game and the more I learn the less I actually want to get it.

It's a motion control game, what'd you expect :P The concept of motion controls have always been interesting, they just haven't come close to making them work nor has it been used properly.

#70 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11523 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApatheticAvenger said:

Colossus notes that Magneto isn't using his powers, he's punching him with the intention of not letting him focus. Magneto's armor does protect him to a degree, but channeling his powers through his body is what enhances his strength and durability.

No, it doesn't involve real science. To paraphrase Grant Morrison, it's a damn comic and the laws of the real world don't apply. :P

Well that really doesn't solve anything then. I know it's a comic but comics at least explain how powers work when characters use them. Also has their been any times when he got punched by any other powerhouse besides Colossus? Because if it's only that one time I call it PIS if that's happened more than once than I can believe it. But without no proof or evidence as to how his power works I can't accept it.
#71 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Well that really doesn't solve anything then. I know it's a comic but comics at least explain how powers work when characters use them. Also has their been any times when he got punched by any other powerhouse besides Colossus? Because if it's only that one time I call it PIS if that's happened more than once than I can believe it. But without no proof or evidence as to how his power works I can't accept it.

He's taken punches from Wolverine and Namor and fought one one one with Iron Man (who is MUCH stronger than Spider-Man) wearing only a makeshift suit of armor. Also, like I said, the comics have explained how uses his powers. Channeling magnetic energy through his body enhances his strength and stamina, obviously it makes no sense scientifically but it's a comic.

#72 Posted by Oscars94 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey if they make it multi-platform, give it an awesome campaign , have a section where you can use any character from the heroes or villain roster to fight your friends I'll be happy! I heard they were using the Secret Invasion storyline, is that true?

#73 Posted by sparty-dbq (777 posts) - - Show Bio

I sometimes wish they would make games that were a tad more in-line with current comic continuity rather than just the mainstream version of characters.

What I'm trying to say is I want a game where I can play as Flash Thompson Venom.

#74 Posted by jhazzroucher (15162 posts) - - Show Bio

Somehow the trailer isn't as good as the marvel vs capcom 3 trailers. but just slight. : )

#75 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty good to me I say!

#76 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

Trailer Looks DOPE

I really liked how it was all SPidey and X-men

and then

you see CAP and HAWKEYE then everyone from the movie appears and Iron man is wearing his NEW SUIT... awwww

AWEsome

but the

screenshots

ew

Looks Whack now

and i find it Ironic that DC and MArvel are both making a fighting game at the same time

when neither of the too can beat Marvel vs Capcom 3

IMHO

(+)

#77 Posted by ravisher (673 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto looks funny

#78 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer said:

It's a motion control game, what'd you expect :P The concept of motion controls have always been interesting, they just haven't come close to making them work nor has it been used properly.

Well originally I didn't know this was a motion control game and thought it was something more along lines as MUA or something after seeing the trailer. I was actually excited for the game because it looked interesting, but then I learned it was motion control and from everything else I'm learning about the game, my excitement level has dropped drastically.

I'm still waiting for Marvel to redeem themselves from the mess that was MUA2... <_<
#79 Posted by Sammo21 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm calling it right now...this is going to be a copy of the Kinect fighter that is already out. 1 on 1 fighting using gestures to do your moves.

I'll buy it but only because I am desperate for decent Marvel stuff.

#80 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't another Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I want them to actually take time and create a finished and worthwhile product this time around instead of just flushing game after game out. Battle for Earth was doomed from the moment they announced it for Kinect and Wii U.

#81 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer: Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't another Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I want them to actually take time and create a finished and worthwhile product this time around instead of just flushing game after game out. Battle for Earth was doomed from the moment they announced it for Kinect and Wii U.

Same. Instead of making crappy games for every movie they have each year, Marvel should focus on making enjoyable and exciting games that take their beloved characters and allows the player to enter into the Marvel Universe, as their favorite character('s). It doesn't even have to be a team game either, characters like Iron Man, Cap, and Thor all have villains (though some could us a little updating, but that just makes the game more exciting) as well as different areas that the player can explore. Heck Thor has nine different realms that he can go to and fight all shorts of villains. Cap could even have a more WWII based game, maybe not first person shooter but seeing games like Batman: Arkham City/Asylum, Uncharted, and Assassins Creed, it wouldn't be that hard to make a Captain America game that. Iron Man may be a bit more trickier concerning where the game would all take place, but looking into the character customization and having the ability to give the players the chance to upgrade, modify, and customize their own Iron Man armor would be exciting only (at least, from my geeky view it would xD).

But it doesn't even have to stick with just those guys, like I mentioned with Assassins Creed and Uncharted, I could see a Daredevil game work much like Assassins Creed or Infamous, giving the player free reign in Hell's Kitchen (and other parts of New York) to fight crime. Something that Marvel also proved that Wolverine alone could have a good game, his game based off of Wolverine Origins, in my personal opinion, was better than the movie and if they would have just taken the movie bits out could have made a great standalone game for him.

I just wish Marvel would take their games more seriously and explore the many characters they have.
#82 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Yeah, glad I'm not the only one bothered by that. It's just as preposterous as Loki kneeing Thor and actually toppling him,oh wait!

#83 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Black Widow's hair looks like messed up barbie hair. lol

#84 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Trailer looks alright for a CGI trailer and of course not as good as this below

DC Universe Online had a much much better trailer.

However, the gameplay looks awful as fuck.

They shouldn't revealed the gameplay, I would've been more excited.

#85 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Completely agreed. Although Cap had a game come out last year, and it played similarly to the Arkham games. It was pretty enjoyable with the shield mechanics being the distinguishing factor. Honestly, Marvel's characters can have successful games, you just have to give them to developers who understand the characters and don't give them a time restraint so they could whip up a full fledged project worthy of the character.

On a side note, The Amazing Spider-man game based on the film is shaping up incredibly.

#86 Posted by Oscars94 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

It has a roster of both Heroes and Villains. You can fight your friends! AWESOME!

#87 Posted by nappystr8 (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are Marvel and DC wasting their time on more fighting games? Being a superhero is a not about one on one battles of strength DBZ style. I miss the X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance series.

#88 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks okay, I'll pick it up eventually.

#89 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

apperently it's a fighting game didn't expect that.

#90 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: That's one thing I like that they're doing with ASM with the fact that it takes place after the movie, so instead of simply playing through the whole movie you just spent two hours watching at the theaters, players are taken even further and aren't restricted to follow what's in the movie but in stead are free to go into newer storylines.
#91 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Deranged Midget: That's one thing I like that they're doing with ASM with the fact that it takes place after the movie, so instead of simply playing through the whole movie you just spent two hours watching at the theaters, players are taken even further and aren't restricted to follow what's in the movie but in stead are free to go into newer storylines.

Indeed, and it's also great they can create a separate story still within the film's universe.

#92 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer said:

Indeed, and it's also great they can create a separate story still within the film's universe.

Exactly.
#93 Posted by jhazzroucher (15162 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that this game is going to be awesome

#94 Posted by cjkloster (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks sweet! Can't wait to be The Invincible Iron Man!

#95 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

power!! cool!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.