The Avengers 3: Who should be the Bad Guy?...

• 61 results
#1 Posted by EmperorJosh (94 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Avengers we saw Loki cause havoc throughout New York, and I think its pretty obvious that Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet will cause Earths Mightiest Heros even more problems. I was thinking, The Avengers 3 is a possibility and if it ever comes to light, who would you want to cause the Avengers more pain and loss?.......

P.S. I think it should be none other than Kang The Conqueror!!!

#2 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

What worries me just a bit, is how do you go up from Thanos? Normally, you want to increase the stakes each time, but Thanos is kind of Marvel's top villain. Ultron would be pretty sick, though.

#4 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

What worries me just a bit, is how do you go up from Thanos? Normally, you want to increase the stakes each time, but Thanos is kind of Marvel's top villain. Ultron would be pretty sick, though.

Have a minor villain like Task Master unintentionally setup the main antagonists. Which would be the Skrull invasion with a Skrull/Kree War work up that would involve Gaurdians of the Galaxy. That sounds pretty epic.

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14480 posts) - - Show Bio

I think in Avengers 3 it would be appropriate to finally have Ultron.

#7 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6155 posts) - - Show Bio

If Ant-Man happens before Avengers 3, it could be Ultron. Like, they could show Hank creating him, and he could escape, and come back for Avengers 3.

And Ultron brings Vision along as a villain, but he defects, and then we have Vision on the team. :)

#8 Posted by EmperorJosh (94 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing that makes a good villain is the dynamic that he brings to the table. Think about it, Batman doesn't fight his whole gallery of evil-doers the same way. He needs different tactics to win. You're right when you say that Thanos is one of the biggest and baddest villains in the Marvel Universe, and honestly, I would've saved him til the 3rd and final film. But all of that can be saved if the Avengers are forced to combat a new force that none of them have ever faced before. None other than Kang the Time-Traveling Conqueror can bring a brand new dynamic to the table. I feel that you have to fight Thanos with brute force, and a similar approach would be taken to beat Ultron whereas Kang forces Earths mightiest Heros to think outside the box. Dont get me wrong though, Ultron would be pretty crazy, but I think Kang would be better.

#9 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron.

Or a cooler version of Kang

#10 Edited by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

If Ant-Man happens before Avengers 3, it could be Ultron. Like, they could show Hank creating him, and he could escape, and come back for Avengers 3.

I was thinking that he was building Ultron before the Avengers movie. Ultimately, he could not finish Ultron because it's too dangerous. Then after the resolution, when we've all forgotten about Ultron, something happens and he gets activated. Then again, we're not 100% sure Thanos will be the main antagonist of Avengers 2 or that they'll actually defeat him.

#11 Posted by darknightgotham (8 posts) - - Show Bio

It should seriously be Ultron. He's the top choice in my mind. I mean, they are introducing Ant-Man (which is highly probable to be Hank Pym version) which is an opening to Ultron, and it bring the conflict back to earth after all the cosmic stuff that is apparent to be happening in Phase 2 soon.

#12 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

My pick would be The Masters of Evil. given that each member would be tailored to take out its members. But instead of Zemo leading, Kang leads the team.

#13 Posted by timymengle (3 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's not ultron or kang I think it be pretty sweet to see something like kree/skull invasion or some kind of story ark played out.

#14 Posted by INFINITE_DOOM (265 posts) - - Show Bio

With out a doubt it will be ULTRON

#15 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

kang the conquerer

#16 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is Thanos will be nerfed as hell in the 2nd movie along with the Gauntlet.

#17 Posted by Kyzuko (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I wanted Civil War to happen.

#18 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would be a great one, knowing that DC/Warner Bros is making Darkseid the main villain of the first Justice League movie coming out next year.

Ultron would also be a good one that would test the capabilities and potential of Iron Man, as well as their technologically advanced suits.

#19 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5967 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

Yup, but if there was a F4 movie were Galactus was the main villain the Avengers should be in it.

#20 Posted by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless they totally make him pathetic, I don't see how the current team will make it to Avengers 3 after having to fight Thanos.

#21 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyzuko said:

Man, I wanted Civil War to happen.

I'd love to see Civil War, but that really could be a trilogy in itself, and frankly, without the rights to Spiderman, the Fantastic 4, or the Wolverine, I think they'd have a really hard time doing the story justice.

As for future villains for the current (planned) series, Kang the Conqueror would definitely be my number one pick, but Ultron would certainly be pretty bad-ass too. A Skrull invasion would be cool, but you might have to set it up in a prior film before trying to fit the whole invasion into one film. Plus I think they might count as FF villains, legally.

But other than Loki, Thanos, Ultron, Kang, and the Masters of Evil, who do the Avengers even have as a rogue's gallery worthy of the whole team? The Grim Reaper?

Osborn's a Spiderman character, so that cuts him (and a bunch of the Masters of Evil) out, which makes the prospect of a Dark Avengers story that much less interesting. There are lot's of villains who are interesting in the comics, where you don't need an epic threat to have an interesting story (Zemo, Red Skull, Taskmaster, MODOK, AIM, Hydra, Arnim Zola, Madam Masque, Grim Reaper, Klaw, the Wrecking crew, etc) -and I have no doubt that many of these villains will make it into the Marvel solo movies- but there aren't very many that pose enough of a threat to the whole team to be the main antagonist of a big-budget action film of this magnitude.

So it would pretty much have to be Kang, Ultron, or the Masters of Evil, and given that they will probably have only faced two threats by the time the 3rd movie comes out, I'd put my money on Ultron.

#22 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thankful theirs no Civil War, I never liked any of the current Heroes vs Heroes story lines it requires the pre-existing personalties to change to fit the stories plan.

#23 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't really go up from Thanos. Maybe something more insidious, not so much focused on direct confrontation. But that's what we want to see, superpowers smashing things. Someone with an army?

#24 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Avengers isn't like the Nolan Batman so why go for the idiot plot in making everyone suddenly hateful each other just o do a pointless hero vs hero storyline their always 90% of the time horribly told with someone either bing jobbed or written to extremes of evil.

#25 Posted by FearTheLiving (2583 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by THORSON (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

ultron is so obvious.

#27 Posted by Cap10nate (2161 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love for it to be Ultron, Kang, or Masters of Evil.

I think Ultron Unlimited and Under Siege would translate well to theaters.

Kang Dynasty is the ultimate Kang story . . . but it would be hard to make that into a movie. He might be hard to incorporate because if he invades with a fodder army, it would be quite similar to Avengers with Loki's Chitauri army. Also, if he pulls them into the time stream, it would be look like an alternate timeline like the Days of Future Past movie that is being made now.

#28 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron or kang

#29 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron or kang

this, personally i wouldve like it if they held off on thanos until the 3rd, and one of these guys was in 2

#30 Posted by flazam (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Skrulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or Ultron or Kang or Baron zemos masters of evils

#31 Edited by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Galactus. He is the only guy who could seem more threatening than Thanos to general audiences IMO. That said I wouldn't mind Ultron either, and I bet it's going to be him since Ant-Man is confirmed for Phase 3.

#32 Posted by TheCannon (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

Kang is the only logical one. Ultron is cool, but I just don't think would work as the main villain for an Avengers movie, especially after we've had Loki and will have Thanos (who are much bigger threats).

After Kang, the only thing I can think of is doing an adaption of the Kree/Skrull War.

#33 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this one will be hard without Scarlet Witch but another I want to add to the table is Cthon or when thy buy the right to Conan Kulan Gath

#34 Posted by MSzekeresh (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Stilt Man

#35 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Stilt Man

I'd rather see him in Daredevil.

#36 Edited by MSzekeresh (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya:

Avengers 3 should be the ultimate culmination of all Marvel's heroes/brands. The Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy team up with Daredevil and give him an honorary membership in both teams to confront the greatest evil... Wilbur Day aka Stiltman.

#37 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by ONIT (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading Joss Whedon's latest comment it looks like Thanos will be the main villain of Avengers 3 as long as Avengers 3 is the big finale of the Avengers-Thanos-plot. He basically said there will be no Thanos till the big finale. Before that only villains working for Thanos.

#39 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron or Thanos would be nice; having the fact the new Justice League movie will showcase Darkseid as their respected villain.

#40 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

CIVIL WAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!

#41 Posted by k4tzm4n (36482 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. I think he should have some kind of role in The Avengers 2, but save him for the 3rd. They need some kind of challenge before being even remotely close to facing him, anyway.

Staff
#42 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17624 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Id like to see Ultron in another Avengers movie or maybe Kang,or even a Masters of Evil type group.

@k4tzm4n said:

Thanos. I think he should have some kind of role in The Avengers 2, but save him for the 3rd. They need some kind of challenge before being even remotely close to facing him, anyway.

So are you saying to put another villain in part 2 like Ultron?

#43 Posted by k4tzm4n (36482 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Id like to see Ultron in another Avengers movie or maybe Kang,or even a Masters of Evil type group.

@k4tzm4n said:

I don't think that would work since Avengers 2 comes out before Ant-Man.

Staff
#44 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17624 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Yeah true. And Thanos is going to be in the second one.

#45 Posted by k4tzm4n (36482 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@k4tzm4n said:

And he should be. I'm just saying it would be cool to save the big showdown for the third. I wouldn't mind if he was the big bad in the second or anything, but hyping him up would be neat.

Staff
#46 Edited by M3th (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

What if on Avengers 2 Ultron beats Thanos. At the time he is "good" and follows orders to defend. Plus uses some unique weapon.

That would explain how Ultron is more BADA$$ than Thanos.

Also Lang is another good option. Even if he is ugly.

#47 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17624 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@k4tzm4n said:

And he should be. I'm just saying it would be cool to save the big showdown for the third. I wouldn't mind if he was the big bad in the second or anything, but hyping him up would be neat.

Yeah I suppose it would.Ultron could actually be in the third,especially because they are doing an Ant Man Movie.

#48 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

#49 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what would be cool is if deadpool or punisher made a short cameo but I think it could be Apocalypse or taskmaster

#50 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3720 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not a joke. There`s been a hint that this guy is THE villain in the third one.

@onit said:

Reading Joss Whedon's latest comment it looks like Thanos will be the main villain of Avengers 3 as long as Avengers 3 is the big finale of the Avengers-Thanos-plot. He basically said there will be no Thanos till the big finale. Before that only villains working for Thanos.

Cool. I wonder what villains are in the second one. More Skrulls? Kree? Masters of evil? Kang?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.