Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

THANOS/AVENGERS: Someone PLEASE explain this to me.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By doordoor123

On the last page of the most recent Avengers issue, Thanos reappears. HOW?! Did Bendis just bring him back because he could? We know that Thanos is trapped in the Cancerverse. Its like Bendis decided that everything in the Cosmic Universe never happened. That just really pisses me off. There must be some explanation. And all of a sudden, hes not this deep character anymore. Again he just wants the Infinity Gems. Its like there was no Cosmic Universe. BAH! Im so upset.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Maybe it one of Thanos' clones

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By doordoor123
    @joshmightbe:  It better be.
    Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zaiyan

Vote with your wallet
    If you don't like it then stop buying it

Bendis jammed Wolverine into Avengers without explanation, Wolverine sounds like a sissy hipster,  dialogue is typical Bendis dialogue nowadays. It's boring, everyone has the same voice...
    .HE NEVER EXPLAINED ANY OF THIS EVER
    HE NEVER EXPLAINED ANY OF THIS EVER
    Bendis tried to force everyone to eat. swallow and love the Sentry, it was one of the most ugly, uninteresting stories in comic book history. The Sentry Void stroies would flip from one week to the next, you never had any idea of his origins or powers, it was so wildy inconsistent fans describe the Sentry era as crack smoking silver age nonsense for the new generation
    NEVER EXPLAINED ANY OF THIS
     Bendis wrote so many strange WTF!?!? completely out-of-character moments you felt like you were reading a 9 year-old kid's Marvel fan fiction based on his video-game-playing game experiences.
    Bendis deconstructed JMS, this writer JMS had a very, very, very good run with Thor he built up Thor to classic levels and wrote a wonderful story where he built up Asgard like it was a story for an epic movie/tv series, as soon as Bendis gets his mits on Thor he blows everything JMS did to bits, he also turned the Asgardians into a bunch of weakass jobbers
    HE NEVER EXPLAINED ANY OF THIS
      Bendis thought the whole Avengers thing was just really about Bullseye, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Goblin and Jessica Jones....the most screwed up teams ever.  House of Magnus who the hell is Magnus, were gonna find that Magnetic guy and instead .....wipe out all mutants that ever existed. So long continuity
     Bendis thinks Red Hulk is an Avengers and Thanos appears out of nowhere...perhaps to start jobbering like Darkseid or Thor
    ANYONE SEE A PATTERN?

My explanation:
    Plan Bendis basically just takes random characters from other books to increase the popularity of his own book, its fastfood popular junk instead of good home cooking.....he's like reality tv, or michael bay vs kurosawa
    one is very popular but dumb, the other (not Bendis) is often times a very clever art form but low in popularity
    he takes random characters because the buzz behind them might increase his  own sales, then when he gets bored of them he throws them away like an empty Fastfood bag
    He admitted himself the reason he did secret invasion is because he opened the pages of Annihilation and thought Skrulls looked cool...he didn't even read the book, didn't bother with a plan or character development....just thought it would be cool and we've been putting up with the Bendis idea of cool and his buzz and marketing gimmicks for too many years now

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ripcurl
    @joshmightbe said:
    "Maybe it one of Thanos' clones "

• Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If it is the real Thanos I'm betting that the explanation of how he escaped the cancerverse will have something to do with Starlord's cosmic cube.

•  

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Thanos hasn't been deep for ages. DNA straight up admit to using him just because they wanted to do a Thanos story because they were big fans of the character. He hasn't really been organically used well since Annihilation. We are also dealing with artifacts and power which deal with reality warping and time travel, personally I wouldn't rule out anything. Hell according to Hulk book, Uatu is meant to be doing some crazy thing on the side as well, there are tons of discrepancies just like their were last decade and the decade before. More readers tend to pick up on it today, because more readers don't care about it by the same token, and their money power seems more potent. Since more readers don't care about it, I doubt it will change any time soon, and so I tend to personally judge the discrepancy at its own face value, rather than its actual occurrence. I also hope the dude that posted he was annoyed that Bendis would have the audacity to use the Infinite Gems without having Thanos appear is happy now lol, and hey, Thanos might do an Apocalypse and show up for half a issue and vamoose. I am not a big Bendis fan, so I don't expect too much. I'll wait for next issue to see whether his use of the Mad Titan is good or typical of Bendis or bad. I ain't really looking for an explanation myself though. Not unless something is specifically stated that contradicts something else. (Like if Thanos says he was just chilling fighting in Cancerverse and then he went and played some PS3 for a few years in continuity without anything warping that might legitimately have wiped out his entrapment in the C verse and all that) otherwise I think its a mistake to assume there isn't room for a no prize solution. 

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @doordoor123:
    Wow dude wait for a freaking answer!
    Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hoboseid

all that matters is Bendis made you pick up his comic, so he wins

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.