Sunfire to be an Avenger next?

#1 Edited by Teerack (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sunfire will be an Avenger soon.

Uncanny Avengers #7

'You can see here there still a lot of spots left to fill.

There are a few reasons why Sunfire makes sense.

  • He is a mutant and the Avenger want to work with more Mutants
  • He is Japanese and the writers said they wanted the team to have a lot of ethnic diversity
  • And he's one of Marvel's older characters.

But the big reason is this.

Why else would he be on this cover if not for him joining the Avenger and It's really unlikely that.he will be joining the X-Men because none of the other X-Men are on this cover except Beast and Wolverine who are Avengers.

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was already confirmed... like last year. If I'm not mistaken, I think there was an image of Sunfire posing with the rest of the UA.

#3 Posted by Teerack (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_: I think you're thinking of Sunspot.

#4 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

There are a few reasons why Sunfire makes sense.

  • He is a mutant and the Avenger want to work with more Mutants
  • He is Chinese and the writers said they wanted the team to have a lot of ethnic diversity
  • And he's one of Marvel's older characters.

When did he become Chinese?

#5 Posted by SC (13108 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

I thought this was already confirmed... like last year. If I'm not mistaken, I think there was an image of Sunfire posing with the rest of the UA.

You are not mistaken.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Teerack (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat: Oh I meant Japanese :P

#7 Posted by BlackPan1her (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is also on the cover, and he isn't on the roster wheel yet, which is strange to me... Maybe they will add him later not exactly sure...

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackPan1her said:

Black Panther is also on the cover, and he isn't on the roster wheel yet, which is strange to me... Maybe they will add him later not exactly sure...

Nobody in the Illuminati is there accept Cap & Iron Man. All the Avengers teams are connected though.
Moderator
#9 Posted by BlackPan1her (70 posts) - - Show Bio

So that's why Dr. Strange is also not on there. Works for me!

#10 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw. Sunfire is boring.

#11 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

TADDAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Yeah, Sunfire's been confirmed for Uncanny Avengers for a while now. Never read much of the character, but he's got a kickass costume. Plus, he's Japanese, and a little ethnic diversity is always cool for a superteam. Also, he's been pretty much absent from the MU for a while now, right?

#12 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

TADDAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Yeah, Sunfire's been confirmed for Uncanny Avengers for a while now. Never read much of the character, but he's got a kickass costume. Plus, he's Japanese, and a little ethnic diversity is always cool for a superteam. Also, he's been pretty much absent from the MU for a while now, right?

As many times as I have seen this picture I just noticed Wasp. Smdh

#13 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5411 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone looks stiff as hell in the pic. Looks good but ...

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

This has good potential!

#15 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: He is! Didn't Sunfire lose his legs one time?

#16 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw Sunfire, where is my girl Mockingbird

#17 Posted by Teerack (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin: I agree. I think it's crazy Mockingbird and Mark 8?(not sure what number were at :P) aren't avengers yet.

#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp came back already?

#19 Posted by Teerack (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Video_Martian: It was the final arch of Avengers.

#20 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Awesome i love Wasp.

#21 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@IllyanaRasputin: I agree. I think it's crazy Mockingbird and Mark 8?(not sure what number were at :P) aren't avengers yet.

Mockingbird has been an Avenger, a few times, actually.

But I think it mostly has to do with what roles they would fill on the team, and that many people, writers included, I imagine, would see them as redundant or inferior to other characters in similar roles. Don't get me wrong, I think Mockingbird's a great character, but if you look at the current Avengers roster, what does she really bring to the table?

Sunfire, though? I love the idea of Sunfire joining.

#22 Edited by Teerack (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: There hasn't been anyone on the New Avenger or main Avengers with Sonic attacks or the ability to make barriers(except for Doc Strange but he can do SO much.) I get that MArk 8 is basically a shittier Ironman, but Mockingbird's powers are unique for the most part compared to the rest of the primary Avengers. I think it's just Cap being a hater cuz she used to have sex with Zemo.

#23 Edited by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@IllyanaRasputin: I agree. I think it's crazy Mockingbird and Mark 8?(not sure what number were at :P) aren't avengers yet.

@Teerack said:

@dangallant984: There hasn't been anyone on the New Avenger or main Avengers with Sonic attacks or the ability to make barriers(except for Doc Strange but he can do SO much.) I get that MArk 8 is basically a shittier Ironman, but Mockingbird's powers are unique for the most part compared to the rest of the primary Avengers. I think it's just Cap being a hate cuz she used to have sex with Zemo.

which of those characters can do that? are you thinking of Songbird?

because, if you are, then I totally agree.

#24 Posted by Teerack (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Oh...wow I was thinking Songbird >.<

Now I'm curious where Mockingbird is :P

#25 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@dangallant984: Oh...wow I was thinking Songbird >.<

Now I'm curious where Mockingbird is :P

haha! good! she wouldn't be much of a secret agent if we always knew where she was.

I wouldn't be surprised if she turned up in Secret Avengers eventually, but I haven't read that.

#26 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha. Well good news for Mockingbird fans, she will be in the new Secret Avengers series! As for Songbird not sure where she is. For all I know she's still with her Thunderbolts team. (I'm only starting Thunderbolts now! On issue #101) no spoilers on her character please! :p

#27 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Haha. Well good news for Mockingbird fans, she will be in the new Secret Avengers series! As for Songbird not sure where she is. For all I know she's still with her Thunderbolts team. (I'm only starting Thunderbolts now! On issue #101) no spoilers on her character please! :p

haha! called it.

but also, Thunderbolts is still being published? Wow.

#28 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Everyone looks stiff as hell in the pic. Looks good but ...

Lool

#29 Posted by Teerack (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: It's not really Thunderbolts anymore. Dark Avengers is Thunderbolts now.

#30 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@dangallant984: It's not really Thunderbolts anymore. Dark Avengers is Thunderbolts now.

theDark Avengers are still around? huh. I did not know that..

#31 Posted by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunfire would be a great add

#32 Posted by Wonderman1 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good thing. Sunfire is one of the few Japanese heroes and is an old established character. I hope they do a good job with him, developing his powers and personality a bit. In the past he has been a little too archetypal. I am of course most excited about Wonder Man rejoining the fray and am interested to see what they do with him. Glad to see Wasp back as well.

#33 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

The circular diagram with the names and symbols is for the main Avengers book though not Uncanny Avengers so I don't think he'll get added to that gear mechanism Avengers machine thingy.

On that note I think Blue Marvel should be added to the arm with Hyperion, Captain Universe and Smasher.

#34 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wonderman1 said:

This is a good thing. Sunfire is one of the few Japanese heroes and is an old established character. I hope they do a good job with him, developing his powers and personality a bit. In the past he has been a little too archetypal. I am of course most excited about Wonder Man rejoining the fray and am interested to see what they do with him. Glad to see Wasp back as well.

yes, all of this!

@PrinceIMC said:

The circular diagram with the names and symbols is for the main Avengers book though not Uncanny Avengers so I don't think he'll get added to that gear mechanism Avengers machine thingy.

On that note I think Blue Marvel should be added to the arm with Hyperion, Captain Universe and Smasher.

there are still enough empty cogs to account for the Uncanny team, if you factor that Cap', Thor, and the Wolverine all already have spots..

#35 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@Wonderman1 said:

This is a good thing. Sunfire is one of the few Japanese heroes and is an old established character. I hope they do a good job with him, developing his powers and personality a bit. In the past he has been a little too archetypal. I am of course most excited about Wonder Man rejoining the fray and am interested to see what they do with him. Glad to see Wasp back as well.

yes, all of this!

@PrinceIMC said:

The circular diagram with the names and symbols is for the main Avengers book though not Uncanny Avengers so I don't think he'll get added to that gear mechanism Avengers machine thingy.

On that note I think Blue Marvel should be added to the arm with Hyperion, Captain Universe and Smasher.

there are still enough empty cogs to account for the Uncanny team, if you factor that Cap', Thor, and the Wolverine all already have spots..

You could have a point since the Secret Avengers and New Avengers are both undercover teams. If that were the case though why haven't they just filled it out and put them in there?

#36 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: well, as of the latest issue of Uncanny X-men, only Havoc has actually joined the team. I don't know why he's not on there, but there are enough slots for him, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Wonderman, Wasp, and Sunfire left. So, that's probably who it will be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.